UD Book of Shadows - all versions

slick

This is the most REDONKULOUS palette packaging EVER. I want to rip it apart! Has anyone successfully done this? Or come up with a convenient way to deal with this blasted box?!
angry.gif

uh_oh_disco

Re: I want to mutilate my Book of Shadows

I imagine that you could just glue the top down. Or is it the size which bothers you? You could take the e/s pans out and pop them into a smaller box or compact.

mizuki~

I don't have the palette, the main reason being I reallllllly don't like the packaging. All that unnecessary pop-up booshit. It's cute..but like UDPP the packing just doesn't work! Why couldn't they just make it like regular palettes with the easy to open top??

MrsRjizzle

I never even use mine. I love it. But I forget about it! I wish there was an easier way to use it. Maybe.... hmmm... I know encore has a video on depoting nyx and other shadows and putting them in a mac palette by poping out the circles. Maybe that might work for this. I am now inspired.... good luck!

k.a.t

I use mine, but everytime i do i get sooo frustrated with it! argh..its pretty though
smiles.gif

verorenee

Is it the getting it out of the case problem? If you pull it all the way out you can remove the glue on the bottom. The glue is to keep it from falling out, but it also makes it hard to open. So if you remove it it's so much easier!

thelove4tequila

Well I don't have it but I did have a LARGE and in charge Hard Candy box palette thing that I hated because it was too big. So I "depotted" it with scissors, tooth picks and rubbing alcohol to get the glue off. Added some magnets and put them in one of those metal ID/cigarettes case. A LOT smaller and easier to use.

slick

^^ this is exactly what I want to do, maybe put the pans in a cd case or something. (lol, still haven't gotten around to attempting to mutilate it yet) its not pulling the drawer out, it just takes up so much space. I'm afraid I will hurt it if I try something though!

UD should really stick to their palette design a la Ammo, Wallpaper, and Skull! seriously if they busted out more cute palettes like those they would sell like hotcakes!

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Well I don't have it but I did have a LARGE and in charge Hard Candy box palette thing that I hated because it was too big. So I "depotted" it with scissors, tooth picks and rubbing alcohol to get the glue off. Added some magnets and put them in one of those metal ID/cigarettes case. A LOT smaller and easier to use.

*twitch* I now have an urge to depot my Ammo & Deluxe palettes...
shockt.gif

dictator

i think the packaging is rather cute, but it's the reason why i didn't get it myself. though as everyone suggested, you could always depot it. knowing myself if i had it, i would probably rip it to shreds before successfully opening it. xD

*Gigi*

I really really want this, but have hestitated b/c of the packaging! Does UD not realize that MU junkies don't have room for all that extra junk? BTW, are the new colors in the palette worth the trouble?

whoislain

Personally, I think the colors in the palette are gorgeous, but I'm a total UD junkie. I REALLY want to mutilate mine too, its just too big to store in any reasonable way.

MelodyAngel

I love this palette to death!!! But I swear, most of the time I want to chuck it out the window!! What were they thinking???
thmbdn.gif

Juneplum

aww i think it's cute
smiles.gif
then again i'm a sucker for anything cute and flowery etc.
greengrin.gif
the shadows are gorgeous so i don't mind..

cuddle x bear

i actually wanted this for my birthday but when my boyfriend saw it in person he said he wasn't going to get me "kiddie make up". he ended up getting me the MAC Holiday sets instead and honestly with that packaging, i don't blame him.

Blueeyesangel18

I'm gettin this for xmas but I nearly cried when I saw the pic on mua I think the packaging is really pretty why rip it up when you are probably paying some of the cost of the packaging
ssad.gif

nc79chick

I love UD - And I agree that the packaging on this is ridiculous, but it's inventive and original. Kind of like the Sustainable one, which is also ridiculous to keep open (or to figure out how to open to begin with!)

The colours are amazing though, so it makes up for the ridiculous, over the top, frustrating packaging

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
I don't have the palette, the main reason being I reallllllly don't like the packaging. All that unnecessary pop-up booshit. It's cute..but like UDPP the packing just doesn't work! Why couldn't they just make it like regular palettes with the easy to open top??

I totally agree. I really want that shadow box it's such a deal but every time I see that ridiculous package I just get completely turn off.

No, I am not buying it unless UD repackge that
angry.gif