Urban Decay Eyeshadow Must Haves!

Sugarplum fairy

i love asphyxia, hot pant (my fav) , grifter and roach
roach is really elegant for great event
pretty.gif

Showgirl

Vert is beautiful, an absolutely unique green and the "must have" of their collection IMHO... Shotgun's another fave of mine, a beautiful shimmery rose/taupe neutral colour.

None of the other ten or so other colours I've had that are currently in their range I would particularly recommend over MAC stuff....

But, d/c ones I like and would recommend if you see them somewhere, grab 'em:

-Pallor is the most beautiful metallic duochrome purple e/s (it's similar to Parfait Amour but ten times easier to apply, and a lot sheenier/more metallic)

-Rust is a medium apricot orange colour with a stunning green-gold duochrome through it, very pretty and quite unique

*grins* I recently got the opportunity to buy up a whole pile of unused UD "tester" pots for £1 a shot, many of VERY old colours, wasn't I a happy lass :)

eighmii

i LOVE ud. especially the deluxe shadows.

I did an experiment once. I was at the mall.. and I went to MAC and I was looking and I had all kinds of lines of different colors on hand, and so on.

Then I went to Sephora and I was looking at UD. And I got all kinds of those shadows on my hand as well. (which were very smooth)

THE NEXT MORNING WHEN I WOKE UP ALL THE MAC WAS GONE AND THE URBAN DECAY SPOTS WERE STILL THERE.

Its not even that much more expensive than MAC.. I love it.

s0damnbeautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes
I love greens so I like vert, urb & mildew and I really want graffiti!

I just got Graffiti a few days ago and I haven't worn anything else since. It's perfection in an eyeshadow pot. It's one of the brightest, pure green colors I've ever seen and it stays that way. I cna't think of any MAC product that rivals it, and I have a LOT of MAC greens.

Please buy it hahaha. It's so gorgeous. It blends really well with Juxt by MAC too ...

Twinkle_Twinkle

Urban Decay is amazing, and I think their shadows are of a higher quality than MAC.

My favorites are:
- Flipside (much brighter and more metallic than any of the MAC blue-green-teals)

- X (gold with peach sheen, somewhat like Goldmine but better)

* Vert (UD) and Humid are one in the same, which is also true for Shattered (UD) and Shimmermoss, so those are two that you don't need.

The deluxe shadows are great. I have Heat and Ransom, neither of which have MAC dupes that I have seen.

I also plan to get Flash soon, its like Parfait Amour to the tenth power.

I just bought my first 4 UD shadows few days ago. I got:

Sin
Twice Baked
Mildew
Green Goddess

and I LOVE ALLL OF THEM! The quality is really great and the color stays on for a long time.

I am definitely going back to buy some more.

AppleDiva

I just got Smog and Chains. I also have Toasted, Stray Dog, and Mildew. I love them.
yahoo.gif
I purchased Envy because I thought it was going to be like pompous blue, but I am not feeling it. Will have to figure how to wear it.

darkbeauty27

Faves:

Regular shadows:

Asphyxia
Goddess
Mildew
Shattered
UV-B (discontinued but may be able to find on ebay)

Deluxe:

Pretty much all of them! They're so soft, blendable, and highly pigmented.

AppleDiva

Oh I want to add Stray Dog...very similar to Satin Taupe but has more sheen. The Diva loves a lot of sheen.
th_star.gif
th_star.gif

Cosmopolitics

I personally think UD's frosty, sheeny shadows one-up MAC's in my humble opinion. I'm not so big on the glittery stuff as sometimes they can have a deal of fallout.

I love the Deluxe collection. I currently own two of them, and plan to get the rest eventually. The two I own (Fishnet and Graffiti) are a must if you love to wear bold color (like I do
greengrin.gif
). The rest of the UD shadows that I own I consider really, really great to to own (I consider them a must-have for my collection, anyway, I use them nearly every day), as well - X, Hotpants, and Green Goddess. Especially X. I don't believe there's a MAC dupe for it.

Toasted and Sellout are wonderful on their own and together, they blend beautifully, Sellout is also great as a highlighter

Marielle001

Huge fan of Midnight Cowboy. I think it's a best seller for a reason. It blends well with a lot of other colors and I think it can be used well in a lot of different looks.

Candygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I don't think so, but maybe I am confused!
lol.gif
It is one of their regular shadows in the round container - white with silver glitter. Gee, now that will bug me... Off to double check their website.
smiles.gif

I didn't go reading the entire thread so I'm sure that someone has come up with the name that you're looking for - but just in case - is it "Grifter?" That was my first Urban Decay eyeshadow and my sister bought it for me. I have so many of them now it isn't even funny! I also like "SWF" "Urban Cowboy" "Stalker" "Scratch" - and I could go on and on! I just bought "Goddess" but haven't tried it yet.

By the way - hello everyone - as you can see, I'm new here. I'll go and post my hello in the proper section once I make my way to it!

Have a great weekend!

Candy

Kuuipo

Roach, Miidnight Cowboy, Midnight Cowgirl, Roach,Twice Baked,Half Baked, Mowie Wowie and Eldorado. Very lovely abd very frosty neutrals. I don't care what kind of primer you use, they do fade. The little tins are adorable though.