Viva Glam Discussion - Lady Gaga - 2011

Face2Mac

Shontay, you are too hard on yourself and I like the glasses but having a bad day is so normal. You can't walk around being a Specktra super model everyday.

Now back to Gaga, I am watching so many videos with this lipstick I feel like I have it already. Why didn't they make this lipstick more wearable for everyone,
noworry.gif

shontay07108

[quote name="JennsJewelz" url="/forum/thread/172239/viva-glam-discussion-lady-gaga-2011/420#post_2086055"] ^^I had one of those days today, too. :( But you look gorgeous anyways! I really love your new glasses - you're right, you can see much more of your pretty eyes! :) VGG2 looks awesome on you - I'm still flip-flopping back and forth!!! It does look gorgeous in the swatches over pink treat, but do I really want to have to make this WORK? I'm still not sure.

P.S. What are you wearing on your eyes (other than Siahi)? The colours are gorgeous together!!!
[/quote] I don't have many lip products that I have to really work with to make wearable and that's why I won't mind going the extra mile for this one. I'm wearing Dalliance and Centre Stage from our favorite, Peacocky! And Soba under the brow.

shontay07108

[quote name="Face2Mac" url="/forum/thread/172239/viva-glam-discussion-lady-gaga-2011/420#post_2086056"] Shontay, you are too hard on yourself and I like the glasses but having a bad day is so normal. You can't walk around being a Specktra super model everyday.

Now back to Gaga, I am watching so many videos with this lipstick I feel like I have it already. Why didn't they make this lipstick more wearable for everyone,
noworry.gif

[/quote] Well at least this one is more wearable than the last. Perhaps if she does a third, she'll finally get it right. :lol: I haven't even hit youtube yet. I'm fighting sleep, but I would like to see this on other people and maybe find another way to wear it.

JennsJewelz

I'm wearing Dalliance and Centre Stage from our favorite, Peacocky! And Soba under the brow.

This is true. And the money is going to a good cause...hmm....

YES! I heart Peacocky :p I asked because I suspected, although Dalliance almost looks like Prance to me in this pitcure! lol

sss215

I tried this alone and it was horrible. I feel inspired now to try again after your experience with it, Shontay.

I wonder how it would look over chestnut... or maybe nightmoth or current. maybe making it more pink, perhaps. I am willing to play a bit with this as it seems like its neutral enough to work with other colors. Plus I agree, its for charity, might as well try it out.

I call lipsticks like this game changers because you can use them to change other colors. Same reason why I like to have a black lipstick on hand.

shontay07108

[quote name="JennsJewelz" url="/forum/thread/172239/viva-glam-discussion-lady-gaga-2011/420#post_2086060"]

This is true. And the money is going to a good cause...hmm....

YES! I heart Peacocky :p I asked because I suspected, although Dalliance almost looks like Prance to me in this pitcure! lol
[/quote] I wish Prance looked as good as Dalliance on me. [quote name="sss215" url="/forum/thread/172239/viva-glam-discussion-lady-gaga-2011/420#post_2086062"] I tried this alone and it was horrible. I feel inspired now to try again after your experience with it, Shontay.

I wonder how it would look over chestnut... or maybe nightmoth or current. maybe making it more pink, perhaps. I am willing to play a bit with this as it seems like its neutral enough to work with other colors. Plus I agree, its for charity, might as well try it out.

I call lipsticks like this game changers because you can use them to change other colors. Same reason why I like to have a black lipstick on hand.
[/quote] I have Nightmoth and I've never really found it useful. Maybe I will try it now. I also have Auburn. Hm...

dxgirly

My boy just brought these home for me and I just tried them on. I like them very much. I'm going to try them over a liner tomorrow too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well what do you know? I went to mac today, just so that i could try this. I was ready to be disappointed and, when I tried the lipstick and gloss on my hand, it was pretty much what I was expected, kind of blah brown that looked a bit like heavy concealer. I figured I'd nothing to lose, so I tried it on my lips. Once applied, it actually turned just slightly peachy and it looked really nice. I think I prefer it to CDN, which always requires a bit of work on my part. The Great Enabler didn't like the swatch on my hand either, but once it was on, was really surprised at how much he liked it. I'm noticing that a lot of people see a big difference between a swatch on the hand and trying it on their lips, so I think that this is one colour that varies a lot from person to person. I tried it with the gloss and thought it looked nice, but I also thought that I couldn't picture doing anything with that gloss except wearing it over the lipstick, so I passed on that. (I picked up another MegaMetal shadow instead, despite the fact that I swore I wasn't going to get anything else from Peacocky.) I'm really shocked. I thought this one would be an easy pass, or at best, something I had to justify to myself on the grounds that I could make it work with other products (I rarely buy anything I don't love in a swatch). Instead, as soon as I had it on, I knew I had to have it. Go figure. I'll try to do some kind of swatch on my lips, but at the moment, I have to say that pale ladies need not be afraid to try this one out.

singer82

Ok good! I'm super pale so I was worried

Well what do you know? I went to mac today, just so that i could try this. I was ready to be disappointed and, when I tried the lipstick and gloss on my hand, it was pretty much what I was expected, kind of blah brown that looked a bit like heavy concealer. I figured I'd nothing to lose, so I tried it on my lips. Once applied, it actually turned just slightly peachy and it looked really nice. I think I prefer it to CDN, which always requires a bit of work on my part. The Great Enabler didn't like the swatch on my hand either, but once it was on, was really surprised at how much he liked it. I'm noticing that a lot of people see a big difference between a swatch on the hand and trying it on their lips, so I think that this is one colour that varies a lot from person to person. I tried it with the gloss and thought it looked nice, but I also thought that I couldn't picture doing anything with that gloss except wearing it over the lipstick, so I passed on that. (I picked up another MegaMetal shadow instead, despite the fact that I swore I wasn't going to get anything else from Peacocky.) I'm really shocked. I thought this one would be an easy pass, or at best, something I had to justify to myself on the grounds that I could make it work with other products (I rarely buy anything I don't love in a swatch). Instead, as soon as I had it on, I knew I had to have it. Go figure. I'll try to do some kind of swatch on my lips, but at the moment, I have to say that pale ladies need not be afraid to try this one out.

sailordom

Does anyone feel like the gloss alone is worth getting? I'm NC 15 with very warm undertones, and I tend to avoid nudes all together because I find it to rock it without looking dead.

I'm tempted to give the gloss a whirl though, just because I've got to figure out this nude lippie thing sooner or later. :)

But I'm not sure what I could use the gloss with; I don't have many nudes (Chanel Bondi and the RC Cashmere are pretty much it), and the gloss seems like it settles too much to wear alone. I can't wear amplified finishes -- the lipsticks irritate my lips too much (leaving them "burned," is the only way I can describe it) -- so the Gaga 2 lipstick is out.

Pinkdollface

That sounds good! I'm NC15 and i was a bit worried that this would be to brown, but now i'm getting more and more excited!

Latest posts