Weight Watchers

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Yes, thankfully, my cough is nearly gone and I am sleeping much better at night. I plan to give myself one more day, and when the boys go back to school on Monday, I am hoping to start the C25K. I am so anxious to start. My BFF just completed her first triathalon, and I am hoping by the time it comes back around next year, I am doing it right beside her
smiles.gif

I am sure that you could!!
smiles.gif
It would be so much fun for you to do that together!!

Hilly

Hola! Katie- that is so fantabulous about being at almost 50!!!!!!!! Major props to you!!

I am 14 away from goal. I am ready to be there ya know? I kinda stopped writing in this thread because after starting in July 2007 until about August 2008, I lost about 30. I never quit in fear of gaining it back so i basically played around and kept losing and gaining the same five lbs. Since I woke up and was like shit hillz- get back on track- ive been doing well. I am at 32 down now. i would love to be at the goal around my bday which is June. The 2010 challenge is what revived me.

coachkitten

Good for you Hilly for getting back on track!!
smiles.gif

I have really enjoyed the 10 week challenge and I can't believe that there are only a few more weeks to go.

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I am 14 away from goal. I am ready to be there ya know? I kinda stopped writing in this thread because after starting in July 2007 until about August 2008, I lost about 30. I never quit in fear of gaining it back so i basically played around and kept losing and gaining the same five lbs. Since I woke up and was like shit hillz- get back on track- ive been doing well. I am at 32 down now. i would love to be at the goal around my bday which is June. The 2010 challenge is what revived me.

That right there is awesome because you didn't give up.

goodjob.gif

AudreyNicole

Ok, so this is my 3rd week on the program. The first few days, I found myself hungry often because my body was getting used to WAY less food. Week 2 was great. Not hungry much at all outside of meal/snack time. Stayed within my points and was satisfied. This week, I am seriously starving. My stomach is growling almost constantly. I am eating all of my points (not going over), but I am really struggling to get to the next meal/snack time without being super hungry inbetween. Does anyone have periods like this where you feel like you haven't eaten in days? How do you deal?

SuSana

Quote:
Ok, so this is my 3rd week on the program. The first few days, I found myself hungry often because my body was getting used to WAY less food. Week 2 was great. Not hungry much at all outside of meal/snack time. Stayed within my points and was satisfied. This week, I am seriously starving. My stomach is growling almost constantly. I am eating all of my points (not going over), but I am really struggling to get to the next meal/snack time without being super hungry inbetween. Does anyone have periods like this where you feel like you haven't eaten in days? How do you deal?

Sometimes, but not that often. I just eat something. Your daily points are your minimum. If you're hungry then it's worth going into your weekly points. Have you been working out? You might want to eat more if you have been. Or try more filling foods?

Hilly

I like to buy those veggie steamers and just pop em in the microwave and then drink a lot of water. It will fill you and no points!

AudreyNicole

I love veggies so I will definately look into those veggie steamers! I had to dip into my weekly points early in the week because my sister got married on Friday, and I ate way too much. I think I have 24 weekly points remaining. I had a gain last week of 1.4 pounds, and I am scared to go over daily points because I don't want to gain again this week. AF is due on Monday, so I am sure that has something to do with it too... My activity levels have been on the low end this week too... I hope to get some good cardio in before my weighin on Friday... I think I am going to go through the filling foods and post a list on the fridge so I know what to go for first... I am already planning an after dinner snack of fat free popcorn with white cheddar flavoring
lol.gif

One other issue... I am meeting my daily requirements as far as liquids, dairy, veggies, etc. but having trouble with the oils. Any suggestions on how to get them in?

kaliraksha

Quote:
I love veggies so I will definately look into those veggie steamers! I had to dip into my weekly points early in the week because my sister got married on Friday, and I ate way too much. I think I have 24 weekly points remaining. I had a gain last week of 1.4 pounds, and I am scared to go over daily points because I don't want to gain again this week. AF is due on Monday, so I am sure that has something to do with it too... My activity levels have been on the low end this week too... I hope to get some good cardio in before my weighin on Friday... I think I am going to go through the filling foods and post a list on the fridge so I know what to go for first... I am already planning an after dinner snack of fat free popcorn with white cheddar flavoring
lol.gif

One other issue... I am meeting my daily requirements as far as liquids, dairy, veggies, etc. but having trouble with the oils. Any suggestions on how to get them in?

Try breakfast and snacks with higher fiber. That seems to keep me satiated longer.

coachkitten

Quote:

I have weeks like this and I notice that it happens around my time of the month. Something that has really helped me is chewing gum and drinking extra water. Or maybe have a low point treat like popcorn, carrots, cucumbers, etc.

Quote:
lol.gif

A great way to get oil in is to mix it in with your popcorn, add it to a piece of toast, or just add a bit to whatever meal you are eating.

Another rave for the veggie steamers! I love love love those! I also really like the Just for One veggie trays.

AudreyNicole

So I was browsing the frozen food aisle today, and came across new Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. They have a bunch of different varieties, and on the back of each, it give the breakdown on how much of the recommended daily values are found in the meal, the WW points, etc. Pretty informative. Anyway, I got General Tso's Spicy Asian Chicken (only 6 points and it was alot of food!) and it was SO good. I am definately going to stock up on these
smiles.gif
Just wanted to share incase anyone is getting tired of the Smart Ones variety.
lol.gif

AudreyNicole

I had my weigh in this morning, and after a 1.4 pound gain last week, I had a 3.6 pound loss. I am SO SO excited.
yahoo.gif
I am down 7.6 pounds total in 3 weeks, and hoping to meet my 5% goal (9 pounds) next week
smiles.gif

MACATTAK

Quote:
So I was browsing the frozen food aisle today, and came across new Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. They have a bunch of different varieties, and on the back of each, it give the breakdown on how much of the recommended daily values are found in the meal, the WW points, etc. Pretty informative. Anyway, I got General Tso's Spicy Asian Chicken (only 6 points and it was alot of food!) and it was SO good. I am definately going to stock up on these
smiles.gif
Just wanted to share incase anyone is getting tired of the Smart Ones variety.
lol.gif

Lean Cuisine's are good too & they also give the WW point breakdown on them as well.
smiles.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
I had my weigh in this morning, and after a 1.4 pound gain last week, I had a 3.6 pound loss. I am SO SO excited.
yahoo.gif
I am down 7.6 pounds total in 3 weeks, and hoping to meet my 5% goal (9 pounds) next week
smiles.gif

Audrey that is awesome! Congrats!!
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
I bet that you will make your 5% next week with no problems!

I had my weigh-in today and I lost 3.4 lbs and now I am down 50.6 lbs total! I got my little 50 lb token for my key chain. I am so super excited!!
yahoo.gif
I never thought that I would lose 50 lbs. It just shows that if you stick with something that the results will come.
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Thanks girls! Katie that is so awesome!
yahoo.gif
How far are you from your goal?

I am looking for some more variety in my excersize routine. What do you all do to burn those calories (outside of joining a gym)?

I have the wii fit with a step, and the Jillian Michael's 30 days shred. Been doing lots of walking and want to start the couch to 5k program. May be TMI, but I have a very painful plantars wart that came out of nowhere, and it hurts so bad that I am limping... I did a treatment on it, and hopefully it will be gone soon so I can get moving. It's killing me
ssad.gif
I am thinking about getting a bike and riding around my neighborhood and local trails. Does anyone use the wii and have any fitness games they like?

coachkitten

Quote:
Thanks girls! Katie that is so awesome!
yahoo.gif
How far are you from your goal?

I am looking for some more variety in my excersize routine. What do you all do to burn those calories (outside of joining a gym)?

I have the wii fit with a step, and the Jillian Michael's 30 days shred. Been doing lots of walking and want to start the couch to 5k program. May be TMI, but I have a very painful plantars wart that came out of nowhere, and it hurts so bad that I am limping... I did a treatment on it, and hopefully it will be gone soon so I can get moving. It's killing me
ssad.gif
I am thinking about getting a bike and riding around my neighborhood and local trails. Does anyone use the wii and have any fitness games they like?

I have never had a plantars wart before. Is it on your foot? That does sound terrible painful.

I do a lot of running but I also really like going for bike rides, doing the Biggest Loser DVD on Wii, and I also really love workout videos. I like step areobics, the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs (for those days I want to be active but not too active), & Jillian Michael's DVDs.

I have been really wanting to buy those Kettlebell weights but I am not sure what types of exercises to do with them.

I have about 55-ish more pounds that I want to lose before I reach my goal weight. It just amazes me how badly out of shape and overweight I let myself get. It is just years and years of not caring for myself. I still have so long to go but I feel really confident that I will get there. Plus I really want to go into my 30s being healthy and happy with my body inside and out.

Audrey how much are you looking to lose?

Hi Hannah! I miss you and I hope that all is well!
heart.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I have never had a plantars wart before. Is it on your foot? That does sound terrible painful.

I do a lot of running but I also really like going for bike rides, doing the Biggest Loser DVD on Wii, and I also really love workout videos. I like step areobics, the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs (for those days I want to be active but not too active), & Jillian Michael's DVDs.

I have been really wanting to buy those Kettlebell weights but I am not sure what types of exercises to do with them.

I have about 55-ish more pounds that I want to lose before I reach my goal weight. It just amazes me how badly out of shape and overweight I let myself get. It is just years and years of not caring for myself. I still have so long to go but I feel really confident that I will get there. Plus I really want to go into my 30s being healthy and happy with my body inside and out.

Audrey how much are you looking to lose?

Hi Hannah! I miss you and I hope that all is well!
heart.gif

Katie, yes, a Plantar's Wart is on your foot. They are usually on the bottom of the foot, but mine is on the side of my heel, so everytime I walk, my heel rubs against the side of my shoe, and annoys it. I have been tip-toeing for a few days now to avoid putting pressure on my foot, and my calf is starting to hurt.
lol.gif
I can't wait til its gone!

My BFF has been raving about Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for Wii, but I can't seem to find it in stores anywhere. I think I am going to have to order it online. I have been wondering about those Kettlebell weights too. They are on sale at Target through tomorrow, and I think they come with a DVD. The smallest weight (7lbs.) is on sale for $19.99 I think and they go up in price from there. I am thinking about picking a set up.

I have about 35-40 pounds left that I want to loose. My goal is to be the weight that I was when I got married 9 years ago, as that was where I am most comfortable, and it's right in the middle of my recommended weight for my height. Since I had my boys, their needs always came first, and I didn't pay much attention to myself. My 30th birthday is in July, and like you, I am determined not to enter that decade of my life overweight and unhealthy. My boys are getting more active and involved in sports and outdoor activities, and I want to be right there, keeping up with them, not lagging behind gasping for air.
lol.gif

I have needed to lose weight for about 8 years (since I gained 60 pounds with my 1st pregnancy, and never lost most of it), and I have never really wanted it, and been determined enough until now.