Weird Feelings Towards Makeup

lipglass_junkie

Times like this make me realize even more how glad I am to find a site like this, no one really understands my obsession with makeup, especially since it seemed to start out of the blue for me. I only have one friend that is into makeup, but not as much, not that it stops me from getting makeup for her as birthday presents, lol. My last roommate understood somewhat and is probably the only other person that will go into a sephora with me, but she just draws on her arm with the testers
lol.gif

I just feel like in real life I'm looked down at for what I take interest in. I go to college in a town that is very granola in some ways, no one really wears makeup, or even decent clothing, and it's even moreso to other campuses I have visited. I decided to be who I want to be anyway, but people seem to think that makes me stupid, and I'm a genetics major dammit!! It really bothered me the most that people would show a visible difference in how they treated me, whether I had makeup on or not, or just judging me with makeup. I had a chem lab last quarter, and hardly anyone would even talk to me, they just turned a shoulder assuming I had nothing decent to say anyway. Then they whine because I finished my lab way ahead of everyone else, claiming the TA must have helped me, except all it really was becuase I actually knew what I was doing! I just realized I had to ignore them and do what I want to do.

SassyMochaJess

I feel like we are a secret society LOL. I too am obsessed and I feel vain sometimes but I can't help it! The art of makeup/cosmetics is something I adore and I'm good at. I must say I do feel guilty for the amount of money I spend a month on cosmetics!!!!

LaGoddess

i feel bad about it sometimes. i think why do i really need to paint my lips peach or hot pink? who really cares what color they are or how glossy, frosty, or matte they look? does it really make me look any better or do i look like i'm just trying too hard? i feel just as good with nothing on my lips so why bother spending $15 on another lipstick? then there's days where i'm so into it, i don't care what any1 else thinks. lol

i just get insecure at times. about everything.

sherby2722

im really lucky my best friend has the same love of make up as i do so weneva we get together were always talking about it and trying new looks on each other.I also have an aunty that works at mac that i can talk about new collections with, I dont think id be quite as passionate about it if i didnt have those 2 ppl tho.

cupcake_x

Sometimes I just feel like I should be focusing on something "smart" or something that could be helping me with college instead of make-up.

I just think make-up is simply a hobby and it's something fun I do for myself, so no harm done.

Mizzvaine

That's why I love going to this site. I meet people who can understand my passion for makeup. People who are not in this position will never understand our love for makeup and the costs that goes with it.

My boyfriend and I always fight too everytime I buy makeup. Sad to say, I get jealous of those girls who are supported by their SO when it comes to their makeup addiction.
ssad.gif

People do things that make them happy.. THIS makes me happy.
yahoo.gif

It's just like those people who spend a lot of money on other hobbies like fixing cars, traveling, going snowboarding, collecting stuff...

AmiS4ys

I go to this site because there are people all over the world who do understand make-up as a hobby and as a passion. I don't have any friends, just my bf, and he teases me about it (no harm of course), he can't understand it. My mom admires my make up, but doesn't really understand why I pay so much for something she feels I can get cheaper somewhere else. My sister likes make up, but different colors and not as much as I do, so it can be hard. She basically the (almost) polar opposite of me.

But thats where Specktra comes in.
smiles.gif