What can we do to make the forums/site better??

Chelsea

We'd love to hear member suggestions
smiles.gif

Luthien

In addition to the regular product gallery (a fantastic idea, by the way!), it would be great if there was a gallery of people wearing products. And not exactly quite like the FOTD thread, one that works kind of like this:

*products are listed by names (MAC Nymphette Lipglass, NARS Orgasm blush)
*you can click on the product names and be directed to pictures of the product on people (members submit and upload photos)
*ideally, only the featured face part the product is on (like lips for glosses, or eyes for shadows) is the focus of the picture
*people can get an idea of what a particular product looks like on a variety of skintones and have a "notebook" of sorts to judge if it might work on their own

This is probably way too involved, but it would be cool if it happens!

GreekChick

I love this website and everything about it!
I would however Like to see more looks (on face charts) in the Looks page....

JessieC

I think that on the color stories page you should have them listed with the most current/future color storries on the top in each respective year. So, for example, orangecreme would be the first color story listed in 2005, and it would go backwards by month/color story/year.

Just a thought....

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieC
I think that on the color stories page you should have them listed with the most current/future color storries on the top in each respective year. So, for example, orangecreme would be the first color story listed in 2005, and it would go backwards by month/color story/year.

Just a thought....

It used to be like that until a member suggested we do it how it is now.
winks.gif

PreTTyAnGeL

i love your website, but the only thing missing are the breakdown of the looks for each color story. Majority of color stories have looks that go along with it and having those along with the pictures would be fab!

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by danadel
size the pictures in the color stories correctly so they're not smushed or stretched.

They are full size pictures, easily right clickable and view image or image proprties. In order to fit the page and format we have they must be compressed. We have made steps (starting with Naturally Eccentric and hopefully progressing to ALL the color stories) to make them clickable so that the viewer can easily see the full size image instead of having to right click.

Please present any issues you would like adressed politely. This is a resource with only 2 people working on it, we do our best.

JessieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Quote:

Just a thought....

winks.gif

That is really funny. It just seems like it would be easier as far as searching for a color story, but oh well! I guess I joined the party too late!

I just love what you guys have put together here. It is such a great resource for everyone alike!

Chelsea

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just a thought....

winks.gif

That is really funny. It just seems like it would be easier as far as searching for a color story, but oh well! I guess I joined the party too late!

I just love what you guys have put together here. It is such a great resource for everyone alike!

we had quite a few people complain when it was arranged the other way

superzosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreTTyAnGeL
i love your website, but the only thing missing are the breakdown of the looks for each color story. Majority of color stories have looks that go along with it and having those along with the pictures would be fab!

I totally agree with this. I wish the face charts were updated. Maybe even a place to store the breakdowns that you can request from the MAC MA's online.

Also, for the product gallery, will you be taking donations of pics from users to add? If so you should set a standard so all the pics are some what the same size, etc.

Love the site! Keep it rocking =)

danadel

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danadel
size the pictures in the color stories correctly so they're not smushed or stretched.

They are full size pictures, easily right clickable and view image or image proprties. In order to fit the page and format we have they must be compressed. We have made steps (starting with Naturally Eccentric and hopefully progressing to ALL the color stories) to make them clickable so that the viewer can easily see the full size image instead of having to right click.

Please present any issues you would like adressed politely. This is a resource with only 2 people working on it, we do our best.

You're right, some of the newer ones are clickable. In my opinion, it looks kinda silly or maybe amateurish to have the pictures up but they're stretched too much for the space they're in. No offense, it just doesn't look "right" and I'm sure you want your site to be as visually pleasing as possible. Maybe no one else notices this and it's just me. I do understand you're just doing this by yourselves. My original post was meant to be a matter of fact suggestion, not impolite and I'm sorry if you misunderstood the tone. I understand that you have to compress them, but I would think it would be possible to size them similar to the original picture.

Endit

I'm fine with the pictures, I just drag them to a new tab (Firefox) to see them the right way.

But I totally agree about the looks - I came late to MAC and am still wondering what Madame B's were. If anybody has them, PM me.

I also think that the feedback should be updated more. I know there's a lot there, but maybe it could be updated maybe every week?

shesaid

I'm new here and really want to keep up with this place so I think it would be a great idea if the forums had rss feeds. If you're not sure how to do this, I'd be glad to help... I'd be glad to help in any way actually.
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endit

I also think that the feedback should be updated more. I know there's a lot there, but maybe it could be updated maybe every week?

Feedback?

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesaid
I'm new here and really want to keep up with this place so I think it would be a great idea if the forums had rss feeds. If you're not sure how to do this, I'd be glad to help... I'd be glad to help in any way actually.
smiles.gif

Will look into RSS feeds for you.
smiles.gif

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFashionGuru
Maybe brighten up the colors a bit?

Hi MsFashionGuru,

Under your profile, there are other themes available for you to use other than the default purple theme. Just go under your Profile, and under Preferences, there is something called Board Style which features other themes you can use to view the forums. There are four available, two of those which features a MAC header. I hope that helps!

Endit

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endit

Feedback?

You know, the page where people leave +1's or whatever. I couldn't think of the correct name, Specktra.Net' s Clearance Bin Seller/Buyer Feedback, but you know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy*girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFashionGuru
Maybe brighten up the colors a bit?

Hi MsFashionGuru,

Under your profile, there are other themes available for you to use other than the default purple theme. Just go under your Profile, and under Preferences, there is something called Board Style which features other themes you can use to view the forums. There are four available, two of those which features a MAC header. I hope that helps!

Thanks...
oh.gif
ops: