What can we do to make the forums/site better??

ladybugz07

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreTTyAnGeL
i love your website, but the only thing missing are the breakdown of the looks for each color story. Majority of color stories have looks that go along with it and having those along with the pictures would be fab!

I totally agree with this. I wish the face charts were updated. Maybe even a place to store the breakdowns that you can request from the MAC MA's online.

I also agree with this! Adding/Updating the looks section would be great..
smiles.gif

ladybugz07

Oh, on another note, what about a look-alike forum? If not, where would be the appropriate place to post these?

ladybugz07

Okay, sorry to be such a nag tonight... I was also thinking it would be awesome to have swatches in the Review forums. I know you're working on a product gallery, so maybe they could be linked or something... Just another thought!
Sorry, I'll leave you alone now... :p

Turbokittykat

I suggest leaving the sticky haul threads up until the collections are out in all countries so everyone has a chance to participate.

For example, I noticed today that the Rebelrock and Goldplay haul thread has been made non-sticky. These collections have only been out in the UK for 2 days, so any UK Specktra members haven't had much of chance to participate. In some countries Rebelrock and Goldplay are still not out.

I know that there are new collections out in the US and Canada now, and there's a need to provide a haul thread for those, but not all Specktra members are in the US or Canada.

I already feel left out when I have to wait several weeks extra for MAC to bring out new collections here whilst all the US/Canada members are posting beautiful new haul photos and FOTDs but please Specktra admins, don't make me feel left out on here too.

mspixieears

Also wanted to post here, so that mods/admins read - thank you SO much for subdividing the MAC reviews section. It'll be so much easier to find specific reviews. You all rock!! It was a suggestion of mine a long while back and I'm so glad it's happened! *smooches*

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugz07
Oh, on another note, what about a look-alike forum? If not, where would be the appropriate place to post these?

There is an eyeshadow similarity thread in the MAC chat forum. Eyeshadow lookalikes MAC -> whatever should be posted there.

We do not yet have a lipcolor similarity thread, but you are welcome to start one.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Also wanted to post here, so that mods/admins read - thank you SO much for subdividing the MAC reviews section. It'll be so much easier to find specific reviews. You all rock!! It was a suggestion of mine a long while back and I'm so glad it's happened! *smooches*

with the new software we were able to do this finally. Although I will admit I almost opted not to subdivide, simply because the new software allowed for sorting the threads by topic, which then grouped all like products together.

Glad you find it helpful.

hp11989

I'd love for the Shopping Buddies section to be organized by country and state/city so it would be easier to find a buddy!

aziajs

Celebrity Looks Section`

SInce there are always people who have pictures of celebrities that they want to imulate, create a section that is dedicated to people who can post their requests and for people to reply to them.

PrettyPanda

What about members stating their skin/eyes/hair types & colors in signatures (e.g dry fair skin with blonde hair, oily medium tanned skin with brown eyes, etc)? It helps to find out who have similar skin tones and what colors to suit them.

lah_knee

i think we should have, in the fotd forum, a section for BEFORE and AFTER shots of makeup, like makeovers.... this will give people a chance to post their OWN. or makeovers they've done on other people!
smiles.gif

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPanda
What about members stating their skin/eyes/hair types & colors in signatures (e.g dry fair skin with blonde hair, oily medium tanned skin with brown eyes, etc)? It helps to find out who have similar skin tones and what colors to suit them.

Thats a very good idea! I think though, it might be more visible to everyone if it was done under the member's screen name, in that left-hand margin somewhere. Just my 2 yen on that
smiles.gif

a914butterfly

i think it's just great that you can get to see upcomming collections and i love the tutorials of the different members showing how they do their make up and the different colors and color combinations. i think there isnt much to improve since i think you're #1 website for mac!! (my opinion)

jenjunsan

I totally agree. Some days I just feel like hanging out here and the forum can be really slow. Plus, I've made some great friendships here and a chatroom would facilitate those friendships even better. There is a chatroom/boards on MUA, but I find the women here are much nicer to "hang" with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvme4me
It would be cool if we had a chatroom cuase thier are days where I am so bored

user3

There is a chat room on MUA? or Do you just mean the forum moves fast over there. I've never seen an actual chatroom. I know that had chat years ago but now it just their usual boards but a few of them move fast.

jenjunsan

I was really referring to the boards, but the makeup one moves fast and you can have a conversation much easier than the forums here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
There is a chat room on MUA? or Do you just mean the forum moves fast over there. I've never seen an actual chatroom. I know that had chat years ago but now it just their usual boards but a few of them move fast.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it

Actually, there was for a teensy bit but it was too hard to 'police' or whatever, so didn't last long, plus it would have meant MUA would become a paid-for service.

For a while, there was a thread in Chatter where you posted your AIM/ICQ/Yahoo/MSN IDs etc. so that people could chat. Don't think it ever happened that people got in touch that way.