What can we do to make the forums/site better??

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Actually, there was for a teensy bit but it was too hard to 'police' or whatever, so didn't last long, plus it would have meant MUA would become a paid-for service.

For a while, there was a thread in Chatter where you posted your AIM/ICQ/Yahoo/MSN IDs etc. so that people could chat. Don't think it ever happened that people got in touch that way.

Yes, I knew about the chat room they had years ago.
---->>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
There is a chat room on MUA? or Do you just mean the forum moves fast over there. I've never seen an actual chatroom. I know that had chat years ago but now it just their usual boards but a few of them move fast.

Didn't know about the aol & other stuff. I don't think I would have joined in if it was that way.

Guess she was just talking about how fast the boards move over there. Which does make it *seem* like a chat board.

I like it here much better. It gives everyone a chance to see the post and respond.

A chat room sounds fun but that kind of thing might be a bit hard to mod.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I'll look into a chat feature when we upgrade the forum after the holidays.
smiles.gif

Cool beans.

BrownSugar

Date Format

Would it be possible to have an option where users can choose how the date is displayed?? For examples we should be able to choose mm/dd/yy or dd/mm/yy and so on.

user2

I'd love to have a Food & Drinks forum because I have a super-duper Thai peanut sauce that I want to share with you.....
winks.gif

eowyn797

i love this site - it is such a fantastic resource...

i would love to be able to search through the color stories page, in order to find which collection a specific product came from. this is really helpful when finding out whether something was LE/DC, when using the Gone But Not Forgotten program, etc. if there's a way to do this currently, please let me know! if there's not, please make it happen?
smiles.gif

thank you guys for all your hard work!

entipy

Have y'all thought about having a multi-quote option? I did a search and found one post which referenced this - as it it used to be available. It would certainly be awesome!! (If we already have one, and I'm just missing it - can someone point it out to me?)

Janice

Short answer - Soon.
smiles.gif

Long answer - vBulletin (the software the forum runs on) does have a multi quote feature available. Since this forum "skin" was not designed around the version of vBulletin we are running (3.6+), but rather an older version that did not have multi quote (3.5x), it does not make use of that option. Soon, we will be unveiling a new look for Specktra with a skin that has been designed around the latest version of vBulletin and makes use of all the features that have been implemented in software upgrades.
smiles.gif

entipy

Quote:
Short answer - Soon.
smiles.gif

Long answer - vBulletin (the software the forum runs on) does have a multi quote feature available. Since this forum "skin" was not designed around the version of vBulletin we are running (3.6+), but rather an older version that did not have multi quote (3.5x), it does not make use of that option. Soon, we will be unveiling a new look for Specktra with a skin that has been designed around the latest version of vBulletin and makes use of all the features that have been implemented in software upgrades.
smiles.gif

Awesome! I knew it was available for vBulletin because another board I'm on uses it; I just didn't know if y'all wanted to have it or not! THANKS SO MUCH!!
greengrin.gif

Misshopeful24

Is there any different themes then the default, If there is one, how do i find it?

Have members submit themes ideas or styles, they can show a sample and if the mods like it then its choosen as a theme for Specktra.

entipy

RE: The Multi-Quote function

So, I see the button now, YAY, but it won't work for me. :/ Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not completed yet? (I click on each MQ icon I want to use in my reply then click "Post Reply" down at the bottom, but when the window comes up, the quoted text isn't in there.)

Janice

I enabled multi quote to test it's functionality in the new "skin" that will be going live shortly. I can confirm it indeed works, but you won't have use of it until we switch over the new look.

entipy

Quote:
I enabled multi quote to test it's functionality in the new "skin" that will be going live shortly. I can confirm it indeed works, but you won't have use of it until we switch over the new look.

K! Cool. Thanks so much for letting me know.
smiles.gif

Dreamergirl3

I think it would be cool to have an 'Opinions' thread/forum, where users can post pics and ask for Specktra members opinions from anything to "does this blush or this blush look best?" to "which application is better?"
just a thought
smiles.gif

xiahe

i LOVE this website, i can spend all day on it! but i was thinking maybe there should be a swatch forum for drugstore products?

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
i LOVE this website, i can spend all day on it! but i was thinking maybe there should be a swatch forum for drugstore products?

the swatch forum is for all products - drugstore and high end
smiles.gif
we don't discriminate
lol.gif

Xqueeze_me

Ummm.. I don't know where to put this but the individual posts (just the one post opened like post #11 showed in one tab/new window) when opened in a new window or tab, the entire text in the post (excluding quotes, links and coloured text) is all in white on a white background? Click on this.

Is it just me or other Specktrettes can't see it as well unless highlighted?

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Ummm.. I don't know where to put this but the individual posts (just the one post opened like post #11 showed in one tab/new window) when opened in a new window or tab, the entire text in the post (excluding quotes, links and coloured text) is all in white on a white background? Click on this.

Is it just me or other Specktrettes can't see it as well unless highlighted?

Yes, that happened to me the other day, too. I was going to mention it here, but I forgot. :/ I couldn't see the text unless I highlighted it.

Holls*

I think it'd be great to add "makeupforever" to the forum of different makeup brands. Its a great pro brand sold at sephora that seems to offer a lot of help to customers.

wifey806

Hiii. So you know how the Pigment swatch sticky is super popular? Well, I was thinking maybe we could have one for lip/lustreglass! It's just so hard to pick colors because macpro.com and maccosmetics.com have such misleading gloss swatches.
ssad.gif
It wouldn't be necessarily comparative like the the Official Specktra request... just maybe more of another great resource.
graucho.gif

k, thanks you guys and keep up the amazing work!!

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I think it would be cool to have an 'Opinions' thread/forum, where users can post pics and ask for Specktra members opinions from anything to "does this blush or this blush look best?" to "which application is better?"
just a thought
smiles.gif

That falls under the Recommendations forum.