What is your opinion on younger kids purchasing brand named makeup (Mac, Nars, etc)?

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
^^^ I don't think you're totally off base here, hun...I think there are too many parents out there who are spoiling their kids, and giving them everything they want, without having to do more than breathe to earn it. That being said, there are also those parents who will "spoil" (for lack of a better term) their kids when they deserve it, but also try to teach them the value of the things they have, and that sometimes mommy and/or daddy will buy you things that you want (and usually the parents make it known that there's a clear line between a "want" and a "need"), but you also need to understand that not everything in life will be handed to you. My mom did that with me, and I'm so grateful for everything she's taught me.
Now that I'm off my soap box...I think it depends on the kid and parent. If a girl wants to go to the MAC counter and buy herself a pretty pink lipgloss with the allowance she saved, and her mom is ok with it, then by all means, have at it, kiddo. I do, however, think that they shouldn't be buying anything too...well, "adult", I guess. I don't know what I'd do if I saw a 13 year old girl walking around with Russian Red lipstick and lipglass on. O_O I think I might fall over...if she's at home, and playing with mommy's makeup, then fine...but not out in public. That's just MHO, though...

agreed! and this is where the parent is important. Guiding her in whats appropriate and what isnt. If she was forbidden all together, the guidance discussion would not have a chance to even happen....and THEN she's gonna save her money and buy whatever she wants
nonono.gif

Latest posts