WOC - A Rose Romance

miss_primer

I was only getting the nail lacquer but i also picked up the Of Summer eyeshadow. Thats it. Nothing else stood out to me.

User38

yep yep.. me too. I totally passed on purchasing anything from this collection. I had tested the cheek gel, and the lip stains as well as two of the lippies.. blah. I have a few items from Style Warriors -- they don't make me drool either
ssad.gif

sassyclassy

I was really looking forward to the beauty powders and when I swatched them in store today..I could barely see it. And my skin colour is pretty "medium." Definitely disappointed! They looked so pretty.

dominichulinda

RRC.jpg

I might get the other BP....maybe not..not sure lol..it reminds me of something I already have, but then again I swatched w/ my finger..you normal apply something like this w/ a fluffy brush..anywho...

I might get the quad...or maybe not..blah! confused.

the fix+ smells just like my rose water..so I really didnt find a need for it..I have fix+ already.

Ravishing

*sighs* After months and months of being excited for this collection to come out and wanting just about everything... Today I came home with 3 things -none of which were beauty powders! (originally my most sought after item) I can't even tell you how much I wanted to get both of them and even though rumor had it that they were very light/sheer I had some sort of bleak hope that it was all a lie. *sighs* Nope!!! I swatched them in store and I got NO color to show on me. Absolutely no flipping color!!! I even rubbed on it extra hard just to see and still nothing!!! All those months of waiting just to find out that this gorgeous product just wasn't made for me... bummer! I'm an NC40 by the way. My MA even said it wasn't worth it to buy as it is more of a collectors item. =( Anyways, I came home with A rose romance l/s, way to love l/s, and love and friendship nail polish. I'm waiting for the quad to come out on May 1st... I'll be all over it =) haha. The lipsticks look great and I'm happy with them. I also got Love alert (double dazzle) on the side =)

highonmac

I only ended up getting 4 things from the collection, one of which I did not like very much. I too was waiting for the beauty powder. I told myself those were the two things I had to get from the collection but I only got a rose romance lipstick, mutiny pigment (since I missed it from the NN collection), magnetique lipglass and of summer e/s which is the one I am dissapointed on. Hope everybody else has better luck

iadoremac

I am guessing this collection is not WOC friendly i guess its just tender tyst, magnetique and silver thorn for me "Sigh"

Dayjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjoy
I'm considering:

Love and Friendship n/p
Silverthorn e/s
Fix+ Rose
Magnetique l/g
Way to Love l/s
Odyssey l/s

I was slightly disappointed when I got to the counter. I ended up getting Love & Friendship n/p, Fix+ Rose, and Magnetique l/g. To me Silverthorn looks just like any other silver--nothing special about it at all--I didn't see any gold or green and it looks just like the silvery-blue side of the HIP duo Magnetic. Way to Love was too ashy and Odyssey was too dark. I do love the things I did get though.

Curly1908

I ended up getting nothing.
ssad.gif

Odyssey was too dark and late 80s/early 90s-ish. Magnetique was too bright (i.e. unprofessional) for me, and Steal My Heart looked like an explosion of glitter on my mouth.

I didn't even try the BPs 'cause they looked horrible & chalky even in the pan.

Nothing was special about the eyeshadows so I'm looking forward to Style Warriors!

crystrill

I got Odyssey lipstick with Magnetique lipglass to go over it. The MA put it on with Velvetella lipliner. I remember seeing that lip liner at my job so hopefully we still have it! The BP's DID NOT SHOW UP AT ALL. I looked in the mirror and did not see ANYTHING. AT ALL. Not even a HINT. I'm NC 50 by the way.

I WAS going to get the Fix + but earlier that day I got the regular one with my discount at a CCO.

allThingsGirl

I ended up ordering:
- Summer Rose BP (I will be wearing very light makeup this summer, so went for this..)
- Fix+ Rose (because I don't have Fix+ and always wanted to try it)

I am only looking forward to "On a Mission" for Style Warriors...but I mostly want lots from Colour Craft.

misha5150

Nothing from this collection interested me except for the Fix+ Rose. It was either too sheer, eeehh or chalky...I'm NC45 btw. I'm looking forward to snatching up some items from the Xena Warrior Princess collection and a whole bunch from the Colour Craft collection....my wallet is going to hate me!!
tong.gif

NewlyMACd

Nothing interested me in this collection. I went today with my list and got not a thing on it. Instead I got perm items. I did want to pick up the Mutiny p/g but it slipped my mind. So I will go back for it next week. The lipsticks didn't do a thing for me. Nothing wowed me at all

blazeno.8

I went by trying to convince myself that my first peek at the collection wasn't something that I should judge the whole thing on. I ended up buying something... only because I had never glanced at it during my first view.
I got the Dejarose fragrance. It smells so good!!!

nursee81

I went and i agree most of the things weren't WOC friendly. I did get......
Virgin Kiss
Creme de violet
Shadowly Lady
Et tu, Bouquet?
Circa Plum
Virgin Kiss
Secret Crush
Just a Pinch

I guess I got more than I expected.
Th BPB were not at all what I was expecting. I did like the other two l/g's I may get them later on fix+ rose and mutiny pigment.

NLoveW630

I really like the concept of this collection..
But did a b2m and only got Silverthorn e/s..

I really think this is a great e/s to have in your collection..imo it's one of those e/s that has multi-use by use different e/s bases..

everything else I passed on..I was very upset with the size of the lip stains..I can not see myself paying 14.00..

waiting on SW and CC collection...

Shadowy Lady

wow, I haven't posted in WOC section forever! It could have to do with the fact that I might be the least coloured person posting here lol! Sometimes I can't relate as much...

I got Silverthorn e/s and Magnetique l/g. I wanted to get Summer Rose bp too, it showed as a beautiful light plummy pink on me. I skipped it though coz I thought I wouldn't use it so the rose shape wouldn't get ruined :/ I really liked it though. I might go back for it.

ARmakeupjunkie

I have not purchased anything from this collection. I may go to the counter this weekend and check out what I'm interested in. If nothing else, I will pick up an extra Magnetique lipglass. It is my favorite lipglass of all time.
tong.gif