WOC: Double Dazzle

openexpression

Hi Ladies!

I need help ASAP!!! Double Dazzle has made an early debut at the stores here in New Orleans. What are some "must have" shades for WOC? Specifically, I have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and (when I wear foundation) I am NC 45. Thanks for the recs!

specktra_rocks.gif

NLoveW630

Hi, since they are perms..I would get the LE's 1st

here's a link MAC Double Dazzle Collection - Swatches

credit goes to Temptalia..thanks Christine****

Quote:
Originally Posted by openexpression
Hi Ladies!

I need help ASAP!!! Double Dazzle has made an early debut at the stores here in New Orleans. What are some "must have" shades for WOC? Specifically, I have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and (when I wear foundation) I am NC 45. Thanks for the recs!

specktra_rocks.gif

openexpression

Hi! Thanks for the link. I actually frequent that site daily but I wanted to see what those closer to my ethnicity would recommend because the swatches on Christine will undoubtedly be different on WOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLoveW630
Hi, since they are perms..I would get the LE's 1st

here's a link MAC Double Dazzle Collection - Swatches

credit goes to Temptalia..thanks Christine****

iadoremac

I think it depends on what you want to get out of them. because they are more expensive than the regular lip glosses, I am not a fan of the sheer ones and so based on the review at temptalia.com, i have the following on my list because they have a bit of color.
Utterly posh
funtabulous
extraamps
rags to riches
stepping out
smile
get rich quick
and sugarrimmed because i think a transperent one is a must have

aziajs

Unlike a lot of other MAC products, the Dazzleglass is so versatile that I don't think there are standouts for WOC or conversely colors that you should stay away from.

Blushbaby

Since they're perm, I'll just pick up Stop! Look! and pick up the others later. I totally ignored them the first time they came out and although people moan about the amount of product in the tube, they look so pretty. I'll only use them on nights out to make them last.

Openexpression, I think we (WOC) can pretty much pull them all off. They're so versatile and also one of the few products I can tell which shade will suit me without having to swatch it for myself or see it on a WOC first.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
really then why have i been unable to make babysparks work on me?

Dunno, maybe put less on
th_dunno.gif
Too much would look like a glittery mess.

At a glance I think the majority would suit me. I'm NC50. They look pretty user-friendly.

gingin501

Quote:
Originally Posted by openexpression
Hi Ladies!

specktra_rocks.gif

I'm a NW43-SFix/NC50-SFinish and I picked up some DG yesterday! I posted my swatches in the swatch thread. Here's the link!

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/m...ml#post1588711

I love Get Rich Quick, Goldyrocks, Smile, Date Night, Funtabulous, and Love Alert! I also have from previous collections.....Comet Blue (A MUST HAVE!!!), Dazzlepuss (Very Pretty!), and Kitty Kouture (Ok, really shear)!

shyste

I have to say for me Funtabulous was Dazzlegorgeous because my lips are very pigmented (NW45) and I didn't need a l/s under it..just gorgeous...I say u should go try them on if you can...some u don't think u can pull off but u might be able to..hth!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
really then why have i been unable to make babysparks work on me?

How are you wearing it? I always layer these over lipstick or lipglass. They are too sheer for me otherwise. Since I use them to accent colors I would say it's a matter of choosing the right colors to layer them over.

blazeno.8

I think this collection is quite versatile for many people of different skin tones primarily because it's sheer and the color you get is primarily the glitter. This also makes it easier to mix with colors that work better on you and gives them that glassy glittery kick. I personally got:
Funtabulous (I will put up pictures on Monday probably)
Goldierocks

There are others that are nice too like Baby Sparks, but I ended up passing on it.

yummy411

yeh, while i love products that 'should' work alone, i find that i fell more in love with dazzleglasses used over my fave lipsticks (i tend to stick close to nudes) and upping the amp on lipglasses. though i'm nc40-42, i LOVE underage lipglass with moth to a flame dazzleglass! it's like adding lashes to an eye look... kicks them up a couple of notches...

..bare necessity over shy girl cremesheen lipstick.. must i go on? i want more dazzleglass! LOL! (i wasn't into them the first go round!)

oooh what should i pair over my favorite viva glam 5 lipglass/lipstick?! must go play and find out! LMAO!

*fabulosity*

So I really tried to go outside of my boring box and try dazzle glasses.. I was able to deal with one.. Love Alert.. the rest had too much glitter in them... (yes I know that's the point..) but I cannot see myself wearing that much glitter on my lips to work..which is where I am at most of the time. Plus the price is a little crazy IMO $18 for some glitter and clear gloss...

allison1998

I am really only interested in Love Alert. I only have one Dazzleglass and that is Miss Dynamite. I think Get Rich Quick and Date Night are pretty too, but I am limiting myself to only one.

Ebonyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
funtabulous is on my list

Funtabulous is named right! It is hot to death! I wore it with nightmoth lipliner and violet pigment on my eyes. I got so many compliments.