WOC: Double Dazzle

Ebonyone

These must be really hot in my store because when I got there all but 6 were missing from the display and most likely the store. They had to add a bunch of new testers.

Yeah, I saved up to get 5 for being a good girl and passing on most of the other collections. I got 6. I wanted the limited editions and those with the best color payoffs. So all in all I got Goldy Rocks, Smile, Money Honey (way cuter than I thought it would be), Stop! Look!, and Funtabulous (I just had to get 2).

I already had Baby Sparks, Date Night, Sugar rimmed, Love Alert, Miss Dynamite, and Bare Necessity.

Like Venus, Steppin' Out, and Extra Amps were pretty, but in the end, they all started to look the same. Granted I hand swatched these and the one I bought I got to try on my lips. The browns were lost on my brown lips (NW45 skin) and looked like luster glasses that I already owned.

Mind you ladies when these first came out I hated them. The promo chick look like she ate a handful of glitter. Then I tried one from the CCO. When the light hit my lips, I was in love.
mac_atemywallet.gif

elongreach

Well for me, I had quite a few from the last round. Comet Blue (my fave), Steppin Out, Like Venus, and Miss Dynamite. So the first thing for me was filtering out the old ones and looking at the new. So by looking at the Product Swatches (a girl's best friend) I decided that I really wanted Smile. It just seemed a lot different. I do want Moth to a Flame also, but I skipped it. If it's meant to be when my makeup allowance is refilled, then so be it.

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
really then why have i been unable to make babysparks work on me?

Really? I'm NC50 in MAC and love Babysparks...its very sheer so I just get a subtle pink shimmer on my lips. It looks hot over various lipsticks.

gabi03

I agree with everyone, if its gonna be 18 bucks i better see the color. I ended up with Funtabulous, Date night and Get Rich Quick for the everyday lipgloss. Luckily I already had Love Alert.

Its so sad we use these sparingly since they're limited edition and quite expensive...

GlamQueen21

^Actually, all but Goldyrocks, Utterly Posh and Stop! Look! are perm so you can take your time getting them. Today I got Smile and Goldyrocks and I love them both! I have on Goldyrocks and Kitty Kouture dazzleglasses and both make a gorgeous lip combo!

urbanD0LL

im not getting anything . even though they look very nice i'm not a fan of glitter on the lips , i am tempted i'm not going to lie .

Blushbaby

I'll pick up Stop! Look! when I'm in NY next week, but get the others I want when they're released in the UK.

michelle79

I'm between a NC40-43 (I'm not sure since I don't wear MAC foundations) & Utterly Posh, Steppin Out, Baby Sparks & Miss Dynamite all look great on me.

Smile & Bare Necessity barely showed up on my lips.

HerShe

I had to get at least one but I did a Bac to MAC and got Bare Necessity it looks even better when I put it over Boy Bait Creme Sheen
yes.gif

elongreach

I did buy Smile, but I need to play around with it. I used it yesterday with Marquise'd and then put some Ravishing lightly over to then the Smile. I wasn't really loving it. So I just need to play around with the color schemes. I might have to break out my color wheel from painting for this one.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerShe
I had to get at least one but I did a Bac to MAC and got Bare Necessity it looks even better when I put it over Boy Bait Creme Sheen
yes.gif

Oh you can B2M for them? Even better!

MissResha

i bought

Funtabulous (thx tish for correcting me on the name LMAO)
Date Night
Steppin Out
Get Rich Quick
Moth to Flame

Jade09

I never thought I would be into dazzleglasses but my new favorite MUA had me try goldyrocks after I looked at her like she was crazy and she got the last laugh because it was gorgeous! So I ended up with goldyrocks & Utterly Posh. I really want funtabulous, Bare Necessity & Love Alert, but since they're perm I'll get those later.

RebekahR

Are these any use on their own or really need to be over lipstick?

£13 ...is a bit more than the lustreglasses..I just got springbean..but..I want Goldyrocks too!

2 weeks to wait here...aaaarg!

MsChrys79

Well I went and picked up Get rich quick yesterday because I thought it was LE but even though it isn't I'm glad I got it.... I bought Stepping out at the CCO about 3 weeks afo for $10.00 but now I have to get my hands on Sugarrimmed......
graucho.gif