WOC: How are you wearing Lavender Whip

Miss Redgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalantbeaut
I just ordered Lavender Whip today from the MAC Canada Website. Also, someone on BHM bought some and were offereing them to others who weren't able to find it in the store for regular price plus shipping. I'm so excited. Looking at the pics of everyone on this site has really got me expanding my lipstick collection and stepping out of my comfort zone. I love it!!!!
drools.gif

what is BHM?

Miss Redgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Try calling around in a different area. Maybe some random po-dunk town will still have it. Or actually, a lot times some of the stores in larger cities still have them. I remember calling around looking for a MSF and called the Harlem store in NY. She was telling me that they just sold the last one within the couple weeks before I called and that if I am ever looking for something HTF try calling them because they seem to have stuff no one else does.

i have finally found a lavendar whip but i cant track down the opal lustreglass, do you have any suggestions to get the look you pictured

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Redgal
i have finally found a lavendar whip but i cant track down the opal lustreglass, do you have any suggestions to get the look you pictured

I bought Opal Lustreglass a couple of weeks ago from allcosmeticswholesale.com It is out of stock now, but I kept checking back and there were more that came in. Keep checking back and it should be back within 2 weeks.

Mochahantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
O.K......back to the subject PLEASE! lol

I LOVE Lavender Whip!!! I own three and I'm thinking about getting another is possible. I wear it with either Magenta l/l or a liner by Jordana called Silver Lillac. I top it off either with a clear gloss or Ever So Rich. I want to get a hold of Funtabulous dazzleglass as well, think that would be a good combo too.

I did this combination. I ended up taking the Lavendar Whip back and getting Up The Amp, which is MUCH less chalky (on me). UtA is still a pretty pastel purple and it gives me the look I wanted. LW had me looking like I kissed Barney on cocaine.
th_dunno.gif
Way too chalky. I gave it some Funtabulous and it wouldn't budge. The chalkiness ended up smearing and making the lippie look smudged.

I'm a NW45, maybe you'll have better luck!
yes.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Redgal

Hmmm....colorwise I can't think of anything similar to Opal. However, you could use a shimmery white with sparkle like UD Julio. Or you could use a white that has a purple iridescence.

iheartmakeup83

I finally got a hold of Lavender Whip thanks to Prototype83. I tried it with Rags to Riches Dazzleglass and it is really pretty. I already had my eye makeup on from earlier in the day, but I just had to try the color on as soon as I received it.[/b]

IMG_0040.jpg

garnetmoon

I didn't read through all the posts so I'm not sure if anyone has given this suggestion yet. I finally used my Lavendar Whip last week for the first time (only b/c I have so many untried MU items and I finally got a chance for this one). I did an intense dark smoky purple eye and wore Lavendar Whip l/s with a touch of Atmospheric l/g (LE). It was perfect. I got so many compliments on the look. Sorry I don't have a pic.

Just in general I'm glad to hear that WOC are stepping out of their comfort zone and trying new colors. I wear any and every color and rock it each time. I don't believe there is a color that we can't wear, we just have to find the shade of it. Any HTH.
smiles.gif

bobbiedoll03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochahantas
Bobbie, it looks beautimous on you! I'm so jelly!

THanks, it is one of my favorite lip combos for the summer. I just need to actually go somewhere so I can wear it! LOL