WOC: How are you wearing Lavender Whip

MsChrys79

OOH! I got my LW in the mail yesterday thanks to Ms. HeavenLeiBlu, it looks sooo pretty
drools.gif
can't wait to get Opal Lustreglass and try it on....
tong.gif

lilchocolatema

Grape lip liner was discontinued a few years ago. I think we are just pulling out old items that we hadn't used in awhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineOne
[/b]

Is Grape lip liner a Limited Edition item? I don't see it the current MAC lip liner line up.

TIA

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
I got that Whip for ya LOL! Here it is w/ ESR and NYX Fuschia liner:
DSC01899.jpg

u are gorgeous

nonchalantbeaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model
ugh its sold out (online and three MAC stands and one mac store in my area) i could just kick myself for not buying when the MA was tryna show it to me when i went to get studio sculpt

I just ordered Lavender Whip today from the MAC Canada Website. Also, someone on BHM bought some and were offereing them to others who weren't able to find it in the store for regular price plus shipping. I'm so excited. Looking at the pics of everyone on this site has really got me expanding my lipstick collection and stepping out of my comfort zone. I love it!!!!
drools.gif

d n d

I ordered NYX's Gold Mauve Mega Shine lipgloss and Revlon's Super Lustrous Wild About Violet lipgloss off of Ebay. Both are very complimentary to Lavender Whip!

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake123
I got Viva Glam VI last year or so. Anyone have a comparison of the new one vs. the old one?

I don't have any pics for comparison, but I did try both on (including the lipglasses). The LE versions of VG VI washed me out and were very frosty. I have very warm-toned skin though.
th_dunno.gif

I love VG VI l/s. (It's very close to my natural lipcolor for some reason?
cutey.gif
)

cupcake123

It is close to my lip color as well. I'm warm toned like you so if the LE version washed you out, it'll probably wash me out too. Thanks!

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
I ordered NYX's Gold Mauve Mega Shine lipgloss and Revlon's Super Lustrous Wild About Violet lipgloss off of Ebay. Both are very complimentary to Lavender Whip!

Told ya. Wild About Violets is goooooooorgeous! It looks fab worn alone too.

nonchalantbeaut

Has anyone tried Lavender Whip with Morning Glory Lusterglass? I don't have a purple or purplish lipgloss and I didn't want to wait for or order Opal lusterglass from ebay so I thought this might be a good alternative. Its described as a pale lavender with pearl or something like that.

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Told ya. Wild About Violets is goooooooorgeous! It looks fab worn alone too.

Yes! I couldn't find it in the stores so I had to go on ebay and get it. It's a really pretty soft color that isn't too shimmery like most light colors that are similar. I actually saw the lipgloss on Youtube a few weeks ago and thought wow! Wild about Violet is like that third color she'll review.

YouTube - REVLON SUPER LUSTROUS LIPGLOSS REVIEW pt1

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
Don't despair, a really nice MA told me that Up the Amp lipstick and Fascinating Eye Kohl Pencil = Lavender Whip. You just have to use the right amount of the eye pencil to get the look you want.

this must have been the tip of the day at MAC update or something because enough MA's have been telling me about using fascinating kohl as a liner/primer under lipsticks for an electric look. this tip has been popping up around on blogs too...

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
this must have been the tip of the day at MAC update or something because enough MA's have been telling me about using fascinating kohl as a liner/primer under lipsticks for an electric look. this tip has been popping up around on blogs too...

I have never heard it but it makes sense. I might have to try it. I know I have a NYX lipgloss called Pearl and it's kinda of like Vellum e/s. It's white with a soft violet duochrome. I noticed that if I apply this to my lips that my pinks and purple really pop. It's like using a white primer for the lips.

L1LMAMAJ

I have something similar to Lavender Whip and I use it with light pink lipgloss to tone down the lavender-ness. I'm still not used to dramatic lips because I'm a nude lip kind of girl but I'm getting there!

bobbiedoll03

I love lavender whip. It took me awhile to figure out how to work it but here I have it on with currant lipliner and funtabulous dazzleglass..and I love it.
th_DANCE.gif

nonchalantbeaut

I just bought the limited edition viva glam VI lipglass and it looks good with lavender whip. It's a lavendery color and very pretty.

jojo_makeuplvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411

yes.gif
LOL, I heard this tip too at a mac counter! I'm gonna try it though. I wished I had bought Lavender whip! I've been looking for a dupe.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalantbeaut
I just bought the limited edition viva glam VI lipglass and it looks good with lavender whip. It's a lavendery color and very pretty.

I love this combo too!