WOC: How are you wearing Lavender Whip

d n d

Okay so I finally built the nerve up to get Lavender Whip. I took in some empties that way if I didn't like it I got it for free
smiles.gif
Anyways, when the MA asked me what I wanted I told her Lavender Whip, she immediatly asked "did you try it on because I can't see this color on you." I didn't know how to take that one so I thought it best to get my lipstick and go.

Once I left I started thinking "maybe she is right... this color will never look nice on me." I tried it on with a lipliner from Prestige called Eggplant and topped it off with Sally Hansen's Lipnotic Gem Gloss in Lavish. Needless to say, I love it!! It's a the perfect spring/summer color and I am so glad I didn't listen to that MA! I think I want to try it with my Atmospheric l/g too!
Here's my pic with it on:
lavender.jpg

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
i cant for the life of me remember the specktra diva that posted her look in the Bold Lip challenge thread wearing LW with Grape Lipliner i was like, oh that's cute. i thought it reminded me of Plum lipliner but it doesnt. gotta get some grape liner this weekend.

I love Grape Lipliner...it looks super hot under 4N lipstick too

mrsrjizzle posted the LW w/Grape

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinggale07
Ugh, I wish I could wear it, but I'm too pasty and pale to even try something that has purple in it! Thanks for all the lovely pics, ladies!

I think you should try it Sara look amazing in it..and she is really really fair IRL..she wears the lightest shade MAC makes

LW + Grape lipliner

mrsjizzle.jpg

michelle79

Just an update:

I got the Opal Lustreglass & LW looks way better on me now. I don't even know what to do with Ever So Rich because now I have no use for it.

K_ashanti

ugh its sold out (online and three MAC stands and one mac store in my area) i could just kick myself for not buying when the MA was tryna show it to me when i went to get studio sculpt

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model
ugh its sold out (online and three MAC stands and one mac store in my area) i could just kick myself for not buying when the MA was tryna show it to me when i went to get studio sculpt

Don't despair, a really nice MA told me that Up the Amp lipstick and Fascinating Eye Kohl Pencil = Lavender Whip. You just have to use the right amount of the eye pencil to get the look you want.

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
Don't despair, a really nice MA told me that Up the Amp lipstick and Fascinating Eye Kohl Pencil = Lavender Whip. You just have to use the right amount of the eye pencil to get the look you want.

hmmmm.. i have both of these at home... I will try it out. I tried to get it at my counter yesterday and it was gone. So Thanks!

michelle79

Quote:

That sucks.....I'm glad I picked up two. I didn't realize it was so popular.

Are there any plans to bring it back or make it permanent?

Blushbaby

I'd highly recommend Revlon Super lustrous lipgloss in Wild About Violet to wear with Lavender Whip. It's perfect!

Miss Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I'd highly recommend Revlon Super lustrous lipgloss in Wild About Violet to wear with Lavender Whip. It's perfect!

Did you end up getting Lavender Whip then?

.....You've been holding out on me!
nonono.gif
LOL
lol.gif

winkiss.gif

aziajs

Quote:

Try calling around in a different area. Maybe some random po-dunk town will still have it. Or actually, a lot times some of the stores in larger cities still have them. I remember calling around looking for a MSF and called the Harlem store in NY. She was telling me that they just sold the last one within the couple weeks before I called and that if I am ever looking for something HTF try calling them because they seem to have stuff no one else does.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Virtue
Did you end up getting Lavender Whip then?

.....You've been holding out on me!
nonono.gif
LOL
lol.gif

winkiss.gif

Nah not yet, but I'll prob end up getting it - BAD BLUSHBABY!!! I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BUYING ANYMORE MAKE UP!!!!
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

Hellokittyqt87

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Here you go:

PC140142-1-1.jpg

PC140135-1.jpg

MAC Whirl lipliner
MAC Nightmoth lipliner
MAC Plum lipliner
(I layered the liners on top of one another)
MAC Opal lustreglass
MAC Lavender Whip lipstick

wow lavender whip looks amazing on you!

Reslnt1

Quote:

i just got mine from the pentagon city mac store in virginia on saturday

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reslnt1
i just got mine from the pentagon city mac store in virginia on saturday

ooo i may have to go there on my lunch break LOL

SunshineOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I love Grape Lipliner...it looks super hot under 4N lipstick too

mrsrjizzle posted the LW w/Grape

Is Grape lip liner a Limited Edition item? I don't see it the current MAC lip liner line up.

TIA

doomkitteh

Lavender whip looks great on all of you and it makes me want it. It don't look all that purple in your pictures but I'm still a bit afraid of it.