WOC: Mac Marilyn

lexielex

The SA said the sold the lipsticks in ten minutes and people were fighting. I just picked up two lippies I have been wanting impassioned and Pink nouveau.

Missjailor

Wanted badly to love Deeply Adored. I did love it but it reminded me too much about my beloved Dubonnet!
So the whole collection is a pass for me

Medgal07

I have 4 bottles of fix+ lying around. I need this stuff and use it everyday. It takes away from the powdery/ashy look you might have with your makeup. You know if you use too much setting powder, the fix+ somehow tones that down and helps your skin look more natural. Plus, I love the smell and I love that it doesn't irritate my skin in anyway. Like medgal says, it's great to use when applying foundation. My skin is dry and I use it to spray either my face or the brush so that the foundation glides on. It's great for pigments, too. Makes it more dramatic.
iagree.gif
and it helps control fall-out when using pigments/mineralize eyeshadows.

DILLIGAF

From what I understand, DA is in the same color family as Dubonnet. I've never tried Dubonnet but got the DA. I also have Diva. I need to test them to see how close they are.
I've been meaning to take a look at Dubonnet. I think I have enough empties around to grab one as a Back To Mac.

kimbunney

So I finally got around to the beauty powder. It's def. not a highlight on my skintone, when I tried to buff it in it just disappeared lol. So I thought well maybe I can set my under eye concealer with it and it came out okay but I took a picture with flash which I'll post below and its def. noticable. In real life I can't see it but with flash I can. I do NOT need to put this on when I know I'll be taking pictures but I'm keeping it. I do like the beauty powder all in all.

Also in the pictures I have on The Perfect Cheek Blush, DA lipstick, also PB and Showgirl eyeshadows but you can't really see them.

CartoonChic

From what I understand, DA is in the same color family as Dubonnet. I've never tried Dubonnet but got the DA. I also have Diva. I need to test them to see how close they are.
Have you tested Diva and Deeply Adored? I'm curious how they compare. I'd like to get more colors from the permanent line that I've had my eye on for awhile. I feel like I won't ever be able to B2M because I've never finished anything. I'm almost done with a tube of Over Indulgence CSG that was my first lipgloss/lipstick purchase from MAC.

CartoonChic

So I finally got around to the beauty powder. It's def. not a highlight on my skintone, when I tried to buff it in it just disappeared lol. So I thought well maybe I can set my under eye concealer with it and it came out okay but I took a picture with flash which I'll post below and its def. noticable. In real life I can't see it but with flash I can. I do NOT need to put this on when I know I'll be taking pictures but I'm keeping it. I do like the beauty powder all in all.

Also in the pictures I have on The Perfect Cheek Blush, DA lipstick, also PB and Showgirl eyeshadows but you can't really see them.

Deeply Adored looks amazing on you! It's such a beautiful color. I have yet to see a photo posted where it doesn't look good.

Medgal07

Oh so pretty! Thanks for sharing.
thmbup.gif

kimbunney

Have you tested Diva and Deeply Adored? I'm curious how they compare. I'd like to get more colors from the permanent line that I've had my eye on for awhile. I feel like I won't ever be able to B2M because I've never finished anything. I'm almost done with a tube of Over Indulgence CSG that was my first lipgloss/lipstick purchase from MAC.
I feel like I'll NEVER get done with stuff either as much as I buy lol. I'm going on a NO BUY after the holiday collection to give me a chance to give my stash some love.

Thanks for the compliment I love DA its my favorite of all 5.

CartoonChic

I feel like I'll NEVER get done with stuff either as much as I buy lol. I'm going on a NO BUY after the holiday collection to give me a chance to give my stash some love.

Thanks for the compliment I love DA its my favorite of all 5.
I thought about going on a No Buy, but the thought only lasted all of 3 seconds. There's stuff I already know I want in upcoming collections (too many purple lipsticks and my chance to get Pink Pigeon), so I wasn't even going to lie to myself like that.

Medgal07

I thought about going on a No Buy, but the thought only lasted all of 3 seconds. There's stuff I already know I want in upcoming collections (too many purple lipsticks and my chance to get Pink Pigeon), so I wasn't even going to lie to myself like that.
Oh me too. I just pre-ordered from the holiday collection. I can't seem to stop myself. Meanwhile, I have items from the last three MAC collections that I haven't used. But get this...just knowing they're in my stash, ripe for the picking is soooo comforting. I got Pink Pigeon but missed out on Party Parrot, so I'm looking to nab that. I need to just stop looking at this stuff. The more I see and read, the more I think I need & subsequently buy. Case in point, I said, and genuinely thought I was done w/ the MM collection. I decided I could try the lashes and add one more nail lacquer to the two that I'd already purchased; I totally skipped the eyeshadows so in my mind I was good and perhaps I deserved just one itty bitty eyeshadow. So I ordered one. Such horse s - - t I tell myself right? But I can't stop. Tee Hee....I don't smoke so why not? Just another lame excuse. :bump:

pinkcrush

Ill be honest I was BUMMED I missed Deeply Adored but I'm so sure I can find a dupe... Any suggestions ladies... I posted in the other Marilyn thread how I picked up Rimmel Kate Moss l/s 09 and it is much more pigmented than Love Goddess, which never interested me after swatching the collection a week b4 its official premiere... I also have Moxie, which is super-pigmented and absolutely gorgeous... I have so many reds that Im sure I can whip up a recipe for a Deeply Adored-like color... Possibly MAC Red + a smidgen of Media... I'm gonna play a lil :)

shontay07108

It's funny some people have pigmentation problems with Love Goddess because it's perfect on me and I don't have the lightest lips. If Dior is within your price range you might want to check them out. They came out with a collection that has 4 lipsticks and they are all very Marilyn (that's actually the name of one shade). I spotted colors similar to Mac and Dior lipsticks, in general are great.

Fiberluver

Not yet!

I'm wearing lots of pink lippies this month and the only reds I've worn thus far (Oct) are Love Goddess and Diva/Russian red mix.

I'll post when I compare the two!

Fiberluver

Ill be honest I was BUMMED I missed Deeply Adored but I'm so sure I can find a dupe... Any suggestions ladies... I posted in the other Marilyn thread how I picked up Rimmel Kate Moss l/s 09 and it is much more pigmented than Love Goddess, which never interested me after swatching the collection a week b4 its official premiere... I also have Moxie, which is super-pigmented and absolutely gorgeous... I have so many reds that Im sure I can whip up a recipe for a Deeply Adored-like color... Possibly MAC Red + a smidgen of Media... I'm gonna play a lil
smiles.gif
pinkcrush - try Diva + Russian Red with Redd l/p all over lips for a duplicate of DA.

kimbunney

Thanks Shontay for saying I needed Scarlet Ibis! I did! I always felt like orange was so ugly on me, but I really love love how it looks on me! I had tried so many orange toned lippies like yuck but I think I may have found the one. It's like red lipsticks once you find the right tone that goes well with you, you get addicted!

shontay07108

Thanks Shontay for saying I needed Scarlet Ibis! I did! I always felt like orange was so ugly on me, but I really love love how it looks on me! I had tried so many orange toned lippies like yuck but I think I may have found the one. It's like red lipsticks once you find the right tone that goes well with you, you get addicted! 
Yay! I'm glad you love it. :cheer:

aradhana

looks great!
i just got PB and Showgirl today...can't wait to try them out too!

Latest posts