WOC: Mac Marilyn

Yazmin

I thought about going on a No Buy, but the thought only lasted all of 3 seconds. There's stuff I already know I want in upcoming collections (too many purple lipsticks and my chance to get Pink Pigeon), so I wasn't even going to lie to myself like that.
I don't do No-Buys anymore so I don't even try to go there. It's always a big fail for me. I'm drawn to makeup (MAC in particular) like a moth to a flame.

pinkcrush

It's funny some people have pigmentation problems with Love Goddess because it's perfect on me and I don't have the lightest lips. If Dior is within your price range you might want to check them out. They came out with a collection that has 4 lipsticks and they are all very Marilyn (that's actually the name of one shade). I spotted colors similar to Mac and Dior lipsticks, in general are great.
The overall color/shade just didnt move me... If it works 4u great :)

CartoonChic

I compared Beet, Cherry and Redd lip pencils to my NYX lip pencils.

MAC Beet = no match in my stash
NYX Plum is a lot darker than Beet. NYX Burgundy isn't pink enough. NYX Mahogany seems too brown. These are the colors that came somewhat close to Beet, but they're still off.

MAC Cherry = NYX Hot Red comes very close

MAC Redd = no match in my stash
NYX Orange matches in brightness, but it's orange and not red. Keep in mind, NYX Hot Red is my only red NYX lip pencil. I plan to purchase more now that I have more red lipsticks.

P.S. Scarlet Ibis + NYX Orange makes a nice, really bright orange-red lip look.

sss215

Have you all seen MsDanti1's video "Marilyn Monroe for Brown Girls"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx-gOzDcoCk&feature=g-all-u
I like this look and I hope in addition to it, someone films a video with a more skin tone sculped eye. When I imagine MM makeup for darker skin tones, I imagine a heavily lined eye, the same color as one's skin tone, with a dark crease color to deepen the crease. I've never seen eyeshadow on MM.

caribprincess

I only wanted the lipsticks from this collection and I missed it at the store but I have such a good relationship with the manager at my local Mac, she actually saved all of them for me which is from a duplicate display they received!!!!!!!!

CartoonChic

I only wanted the lipsticks from this collection and I missed it at the store but I have such a good relationship with the manager at my local Mac, she actually saved all of them for me which is from a duplicate display they received!!!!!!!!
Wow, that's amazing that she did that for you!

CartoonChic

Any success with the Beauty Powder?
Yes, I tried it and like it. I used the 182 Buffer Brush to apply all over my face. That brush didn't pick up too much product which is great because I think I would've looked ashy otherwise. I first tried it on only half of my face to see the effect. The powder gives me a matte look with a glow and it evens out my skin. It's not a dramatic effect. It's very subtle and pretty.

It would still be nice to have a Beauty Powder made specifically for deeper skin tones. I think I made it work for me, but I would like it to work without me trying to make it work. I don't know if that last sentence makes any sense.
tong.gif

Yazmin

Yes, I tried it and like it. I used the 182 Buffer Brush to apply all over my face. That brush didn't pick up too much product which is great because I think I would've looked ashy otherwise. I first tried it on only half of my face to see the effect. The powder gives me a matte look with a glow and it evens out my skin. It's not a dramatic effect. It's very subtle and pretty.
It would still be nice to have a Beauty Powder made specifically for deeper skin tones. I think I made it work for me, but I would like it to work without me trying to make it work. I don't know if that last sentence makes any sense.
tong.gif
I'm hoping the mystery powder from Making Pretty will be great for my skin tone. FM just made my skin look ashy, so I sold it.

caribprincess

Wow, that's amazing that she did that for you!
I'll say but when you live on a small island like we do, you know who the mac girls are LOL. Every time a new collection comes I'm also one the first people called and we get preference over the tourists so that's a plus

Medgal07

I'm hoping the mystery powder from Making Pretty will be great for my skin tone. FM just made my skin look ashy, so I sold it.
I love FM, BP and use it quite frequently w/o ashiness. But, I was thinking the same thing about the mystery powder from Making Pretty.
I intend to ask my MAC MUA which one she suggests for me.

Medgal07

I'll say but when you live on a small island like we do, you know who the mac girls are LOL. Every time a new collection comes I'm also one the first people called and we get preference over the tourists so that's a plus
That's pretty awesome! I skipped DA l/s and regretted it. When I called my favorite MUA at my local MAC store they were sold out, but she immediately said, "you can have my gratis tube because I don't wear red lipstick." She mailed it to me. Sweet, I know, right?

Shantastic

That's pretty awesome! I skipped DA l/s and regretted it. When I called my favorite MUA at my local MAC store they were sold out, but she immediately said, "you can have my gratis tube because I don't wear red lipstick." She mailed it to me. Sweet, I know, right?
Wow that is amazing!I I had two DA l/s and swapped one foe a LG l/s with a friend from a makeup group. I'm glad becaue I love LG.

MissTT

Ok I've got both blushes in their boxes and am not sure what to do with them. I am loving Small Vanity from GD so now I don't know if I need to try TPC because it's even lighter. Legendary seems like it would be too ashy/light. I don't want to swatch them if I'm going to gift or sell them. I'm funny like that. Any pics of people close to C7/NC44-5 in these blushes? Do they take work to look flattering?
I wish I would have backed up DA instead of LG lipstick. DA is just perfect on me and makes me feel pretty. Hoping I get the guts soon to try SI.

aradhana

Ok I've got both blushes in their boxes and am not sure what to do with them. I am loving Small Vanity from GD so now I don't know if I need to try TPC because it's even lighter. Legendary seems like it would be too ashy/light. I don't want to swatch them if I'm going to gift or sell them. I'm funny like that. Any pics of people close to C7/NC44-5 in these blushes? Do they take work to look flattering?
I wish I would have backed up DA instead of LG lipstick. DA is just perfect on me and makes me feel pretty. Hoping I get the guts soon to try SI.
i don't have any pics of me wearing legendary, but i'm nc44/45 in the summer and it looks really good on me imo...
if you're looking for a blush that looks 'obvious' , then maybe it's not a good one, but i found it gave me a really nice, subtle glow. no ashiness.

hth

Medgal07

Surprisingly, TPC applies darker than what it appears in the compact. I LOVE it. This photo from this thread might be helpful;

http://www.specktra.net/t/180143/woc-mac-marilyn/120

Latest posts