WOC: Mac Marilyn

blushingdoll

For those who are curious about Legendary blush, there's a blog I found that has swatches for us woc Beautysentinel.com

kimbunney

Thanks. She said she's taking it back. I was wondering how WOC felt about it. I did get the Perfect cheek after some girls said it was good on here and I am enjoying it. Swatched its pretty horrible I must say but it transform when on the cheek, still don't think its a must have for WOC but its def. an easy color to just throw on.
For those who are curious about Legendary blush, there's a blog I found that has swatches for us woc Beautysentinel.com

aradhana

i just got back from the counter, and picked up my lipsticks, yay! i can't wait to try them, but feeling a little pooped, so maybe it'll have to wait.

i ended up picking up legendary -- the sa applied it to my cheeks before i went for it, cuz i was worried about it being ashy....it looks very subtle yet kinda brightens up my face.
i'd take a picture, but i look a little hellish at the moment, so maybe i'll do it another day to show you guys. the sa gave me a tip -- if a product ever looks ashy, spritz some fix+ on it. sounds logical, but she didn't have to do that with the blush mind you....

aradhana

just tried charmed i'm sure.

heart.gif

CartoonChic

i just got back from the counter, and picked up my lipsticks, yay! i can't wait to try them, but feeling a little pooped, so maybe it'll have to wait.

i ended up picking up legendary -- the sa applied it to my cheeks before i went for it, cuz i was worried about it being ashy....it looks very subtle yet kinda brightens up my face.
i'd take a picture, but i look a little hellish at the moment, so maybe i'll do it another day to show you guys. the sa gave me a tip -- if a product ever looks ashy, spritz some fix+ on it. sounds logical, but she didn't have to do that with the blush mind you....
What will spritzing Fix+ on top of an ashy product do exactly? I have a small travel size bottle that I got for the mineralize Heavenly Creature products, but I really don't know what else to do with it.

Medgal07

What will spritzing Fix+ on top of an ashy product do exactly? I have a small travel size bottle that I got for the mineralize Heavenly Creature products, but I really don't know what else to do with it.
I use Fix+ (keep a mini in my makeup center) on my brush to apply MAC pigments, and I keep a full size in the refrigerator to spritz on before running out the door...a must-have for me in the summer. I've also spritzed my face with it before applying my foundation and it seems to set better.

shontay07108

I have 4 bottles of fix+ lying around. I need this stuff and use it everyday. It takes away from the powdery/ashy look you might have with your makeup. You know if you use too much setting powder, the fix+ somehow tones that down and helps your skin look more natural. Plus, I love the smell and I love that it doesn't irritate my skin in anyway. Like medgal says, it's great to use when applying foundation. My skin is dry and I use it to spray either my face or the brush so that the foundation glides on. It's great for pigments, too. Makes it more dramatic.

sss215

it really makes the color of some of my blushes pop out more. Fix+ and MSFN are two MAC products I have to have no matter what. I will always buy them as long as they continue selling them. Try it on an ashy product, you may get the color you are looking for.

CartoonChic

This is all very good info to know and very helpful. Thanks ladies!
bouquet.gif

it really makes the color of some of my blushes pop out more. Fix+ and MSFN are two MAC products I have to have no matter what. I will always buy them as long as they continue selling them. Try it on an ashy product, you may get the color you are looking for.

Prettypackages

Cartoonchic, that is some good info. I asked the MUA about fix+, and he convinced me to buy the mineralized one. What do you guys think of that one? Doesn't Avon/Mark sell a version of it? Have you guys tried that one? I want to get the mini bottle and wipes. they are so cute! LOL

Medgal07

Cartoonchic, that is some good info.  I asked the MUA about fix+, and he convinced me to buy the mineralized one.  What do you guys think of that one?   Doesn't Avon/Mark sell a version of it?  Have you guys tried that one?   I want to get the mini bottle and wipes.  they are so cute! LOL
I use the Mineralized Charge Water & Fix +. The MCW leaves a bit of a sheen. When I don't want that effect I use Fix +. I actually like them both. I've never tried the Avon product. The mini is cute, good for travel & so easy to pull out to spitz an eye brush for applying pigment or spritz your face before foundation, or after to set your whole look.

lexielex

Went to my counter to get deeply adorned and love goddess, Big mistake 1 day late and nothing left!

Latest posts