WOC: MAC To The Beach

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I know Hipness isn't going to work for me because I kept eyeing it during the Fafi release.

Me too. I think I tried it 5 different times! I still lust after it so will probably go and swatch it again in case I can make it work this time. I prefer the Fafi packaging though...

I might get the eyeliners and want to try the creme bronzers to see what they're like on me. I already have Humid and Shimmermoss. Nothing else interests me.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
Me too. I think I tried it 5 different times! I still lust after it so will probably go and swatch it again in case I can make it work this time. I prefer the Fafi packaging though...

I might get the eyeliners and want to try the creme bronzers to see what they're like on me. I already have Humid and Shimmermoss. Nothing else interests me.

I know! i kept swatching, and walking away, swatching, and walking away. In the end, I didn't even ask an opinion because I didn't want a MUA to look at me like "Child, are you crazy?"
But Ashleybubbles83 just posted that is was on her list and her siggy says NW50 and NW47 so maybe I could make it work....?

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I know! i kept swatching, and walking away, swatching, and walking away. In the end, I didn't even ask an opinion because I didn't want a MUA to look at me like "Child, are you crazy?"
But Ashleybubbles83 just posted that is was on her list and her siggy says NW50 and NW47 so maybe I could make it work....?

I have Hipness from the Fafi collection. I am NW47 and its gorgeous!

sss215

I am interested in the shadows sweet and punchy, firecracker, sand and sun. other than that, i'm good.

blazeno.8

The only two standout products for me are sweet and punchy and firecracker. Too bad they both look like they're something I already have..

bobbiedoll03

So my list includes:

Sand & sun, firecracker, scorcher n/p, hipness

I really want to get a bronzer but I have oily skin and I don't think that cream bronzer would be good for me at all.

I was looking at get away bronze blush but I feel like I have eversun and it could possibly look the same on my skin...Thoughts? Im an NC45-NC50 in the summer

SUMM3RxBABii

It is soo gorgeous! Especially the packaging. But I think the tote is way too expensive and the eyeshadows..I might not even get, except shimmermoss because I don't have that one, but I wouldn't get a backup just for the packaging.

QueenOfSnark

I posted this in the other To The Beach thread. Enjoy!

So I went to my local MAC to check out some lippies I'm wishlisting for my bday, and lo and behold, they had the To The Beach display in the back! My MA smuggled me into the back to see. Wish I could've taken pictures, but let's just say my wishlist for this collection ballooned up even further!

If you're NC45ish, I was firmly told to grab the Sun Rush lustre drops and both cream bronzers, using Weekend as a blush and Beach Bronze as a highlight. My MA was NC45 like me, and had these bronzers on, and it was GLORIOUS. Not for my wallet though. >_< Beach Bronze leaves behind a nice gold shimmer, and Weekend tones down to a soft red/brown. Though I wasn't thinking to pick it up, my MA said to grab Marine Life anyway since it'll sell out hella fast, and I could always ebay it. I'm considering.

Also, while I had swatches of the lipliner, lippies, eyeliners, creme bronzers, lipglasses, and lustre drops on my hands and arms, with my oily skin the items were pretty much gone by the time I got home. It was only 15 minutes, so definitely wear primer! The lip and eye pencils stayed well put, but the Life's a Breeze lip pencil is SOOO close to Beurre cremestick lipliner (which is permanent and I already have), so it's a skip. Temperature Rising is an awesome coral-orange that I can't wait to try under Thrills and Fresh Salmon. Despite what I've heard the two eye kohls stayed pretty put, so they're back on my list. If you're a bronze babe like me, though, you'll need to swipe Rosemary & Thyme twice--it sinks into (warm-toned) skin pretty easily.

I'll try to go in again later this week and see if I can sneak out some swatch pics.
smiles.gif
I just realized I got so excited I completely forgot about the eyeshadows--oops!

On a random, unrelated note: Girl About Town l/s + Totally Bang! superglass = OMG. GET IT.

Also, I forgot that the cream bronzers don't come out greasy and don't clog pores. I was assured by my MA that another one was acne-prone and she never had problems with it.

vintageroses

^^ which creme bronzer do you think will be good for contouring? I'm NC 45 too!
smiles.gif

yays! I'm so getting hipness, one of the bronzers probabaly weekend creme bronzer & 1 of the eye kohls! they look gorgeous!
greengrin.gif
No lip stuff for me since i'm on gloss out 2010
ssad.gif
but i really want the lip pencil! HAHA

I'm still battling if i should get marine life! it's so gorgeous!
th_drool.gif

QueenOfSnark

vintageroses--Honestly? I don't think either would work for contouring. Weekend is too red/brown (was suggested as a blush) and Beach Bronze is too sheer (suggested as a highlighter). Maybe one of the powder bronzers would be better?

xoxjulie21xox--Hipness is (I would say) a dupe for the bottom only of Ripe Peach, not for the top part and both swirled together. I have Ripe Peach too, and love it to bits, so based off swatches and how much I use RP I'm getting Hipness.

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfSnark
vintageroses--Honestly? I don't think either would work for contouring. Weekend is too red/brown (was suggested as a blush) and Beach Bronze is too sheer (suggested as a highlighter). Maybe one of the powder bronzers would be better?

oooh thank you so much! Since you've seen it 1st hand which do you think looks prettier?
smiles.gif
I don't wanna get so many things!
ssad.gif
hahahs What do you think you will be getting?

& i <3 ripe peach tooooooooo!
thmbup.gif

QueenOfSnark

I definitely think Beach Bronze is the prettier of the two creme bronzers, but it's quite sheer. I think you can pass up the lustre drops in Sun Rush if you get Beach Bronze, but of course silly me is getting both
greengrin.gif

I'll be getting a LOT from this collection since A) I'm just getting back into MAC and B) It comes out around my birthday so I have an excuse/the money to get more. :3

-Eyeshadows: Sand & Sun, Firecracker, Sweet & Punchy
-Eye Kohls: Float on By, Rosemary & Thyme (debating since it's fairly light)
-Lipsticks: Thrills, Fun Bathing
-Lip Pencil: Temperature Rising
-Blush: Hipness
-Creme Bronzers: Both (Weekend, Beach Bronze)
-Lustre Drops: Sun Rush
-131 Brush: Maaaaaybe. I probably won't ever (unfortunately) ever get any MSFs since I heard they clog up oily skin pretty nastily, and this brush is best for MSFs.

Soul Unique

I just came home to find my MAC TTB goodies!

I purchased *Sweet & Punchy* e/s which is a shade of lime with gold undertones, *Firecracker* e/s which looks like a rosey pink colour to me, very pretty; Hipness, which I am on the fence about at the moment - yet to swatch it as I am not too sure about the shade in person, may send back. I also purchased *Flurry Of Fun* l/g which I think is gorgeous!

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfSnark
I definitely think Beach Bronze is the prettier of the two creme bronzers, but it's quite sheer. I think you can pass up the lustre drops in Sun Rush if you get Beach Bronze, but of course silly me is getting both
greengrin.gif

I'll be getting a LOT from this collection since A) I'm just getting back into MAC and B) It comes out around my birthday so I have an excuse/the money to get more. :3

-Eyeshadows: Sand & Sun, Firecracker, Sweet & Punchy
-Eye Kohls: Float on By, Rosemary & Thyme (debating since it's fairly light)
-Lipsticks: Thrills, Fun Bathing
-Lip Pencil: Temperature Rising
-Blush: Hipness
-Creme Bronzers: Both (Weekend, Beach Bronze)
-Lustre Drops: Sun Rush
-131 Brush: Maaaaaybe. I probably won't ever (unfortunately) ever get any MSFs since I heard they clog up oily skin pretty nastily, and this brush is best for MSFs.

HAHA i love your reasons
tong.gif
i can always find reasons to buy more MAC
greengrin.gif

Sounds like an awesome list!!! haha i am gonna limit myself been spending way too much on MAC (LEs & brushes!), i need to build up my wardrobe & my best friend is coming to visit me & I've got a graduation trip planned too! Sorry MAC I have to give you less love this time round
ssad.gif

I'm honestly not a huge fan of MSF
ssad.gif
Maybe i just don't have the best brush for application, but my MSF never get used!

I will probably get Hipness, 1 of the cream bronzer & MAYBE marine life
greengrin.gif
Now i just need a CP!!! ahhhh haha

Ashleybubbles83

what do you ladies think about the bronze body oil? do we not need it? as far as i know it just gives shimmer, nothing in the way of color or anything...what are you ladies feeling about this???

User38

I have Fafi Hipness -- two in fact. I have Humid and other dupes for this line.. nothing really screams out to me.. so I think I will pass on this collection too.