woc-sonic chic

janelle

I can't decide. Help!!! what do you all think are the top 3 or 4 must haves? Oh I'm NC45 by the way.

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymone25
My list includes Love Thing, Love Joy, Merrily, Gleeful

That's my list too >_< I'm skipping the lighter ones because I don't think they would do anything more than act like a highlight on my skin. I'd love to see some swatches on dark skin tones.

JustDivine

Before I went to see these in person I wanted Nuance and Gentle, maybe Lovejoy too.

On seeing them, I didn't get one. I felt that Nuance hardly showed up and it just looked like nude shimmer. It also looked a bit like Gingerly colour wise...and I have that already.

Gentle....ok but nothing special about it. I had to layer it a few times to get payoff too. I was really disappointed. I think though for once I was using my head and being smart by realising that I had no real need for them because they aren't that different in effect from other blushes that I have.

But I'd like to see swatches on other WOC....

ilovegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
That's my list too >_< I'm skipping the lighter ones because I don't think they would do anything more than act like a highlight on my skin. I'd love to see some swatches on dark skin tones.

I'm a NC50 / NW45 & I got Merrily, Love Thing & Gleeful which I adore, I'm considering getting backups even though you don't need to use much product.

I posted up swatches the other day

allThingsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Before I went to see these in person I wanted Nuance and Gentle, maybe Lovejoy too.

But I'd like to see swatches on other WOC....

What did you think of Lovejoy? This one interests me. I'm NC40.

I was thinking of Nuance too...but it sounds like that one isn't going to show up too well. I always hope to like the "light" ones but am always worried they won't show up - and usually, I have to order without seeing.
ssad.gif

So, I'm thinking these:
- Merrily
- Love Joy
- Love Thing
- Gleeful (?) or Gentle (?)

I really only want 3 of them at most...so, please help me pare down!
smiles.gif

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
pleasantry for me. i'll have to see about the others when i go in on thursday.

i was a bit adamant about a few of these, but honestly they all look gorgeous. i got merrily, love joy & nuance in the store today then i ordered pleasantry, dainty, gentle & warm soul online.

when i swatched them in the store i wanted all of them, but in an effort to show restraint i only bought 3. i still had the swatches on my hand long after i left the store and they looked so pretty i couldn't resist. i love these blushes & i love msf so why not? they are so much better that regular blushes.

i didn't get two of them [they were both pretty, just not what i was looking for]: love thing [too dark] and gleeful [too similar to merrily, on my skin atleast].

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuiahiah99
i was thinking about getting

Merrily
Lovething
Gentle

What's on your list?

I got those 3 today and love them. I am NC 35 btw.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I picked up Love Joy and Love Thing. Merrily was also in the running, but in the end, there wasn't enough of a difference between it and Love Thing (on my cheeks) to justify getting both.

allThingsGirl

hi girls,

i had the same problem with you guys that merrily, gleeful, and love thing were super close on the cheeks. they looked different on the hand swatched but on my face, they were quite similar.

i couldn't tell if it was the awful nordstrom lighting though so...i ended up with all three of those plus gentle and love joy.

i kinda did the same thing -- where i tried to be good and pared down to only gleeful, gentle and love joy at nordstrom...then i walked around the mall and went to mac and bought love thing and merrily.
ssad.gif

i think i need to try them out a bit more in natural light and see which ones i want to keep and which to swap.

after reading these posts about similar on cheek vs. on hand experiences, i'm thinking maybe i should just pick one out of love thing, merrily, and gleeful and return the other two...but which?

NC40

lovely333

I have a question for you ladies I have no mineral products from mac I would love to try them. But BE irritates my skin. Will the mac products do the same? I really want the MSF natural

NaturalT

I love mineral blushes but im tempted to pic up the Exhibit A by Nars in order to get a longer lasting color pay off. I usually use the BE im amused which I think is similar to love thing or merrily but the staying power is minimal in the BE blush. Has anyone seen a longer lasting color on their cheeks with this blush (say 5 hours)? I would rather stick to mac lol