woc-sonic chic

sweetface

I went today and tried on gentle and pleasantry, I really liked how pleasantry looked on me so I think I'm going to get that one, gentle was too cool toned for me and looks almost purplish

ETA: Changed my mind, I was overcome with excitement, but I'm going to stick with my policy of NARS blush only and pass on this collection.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen
I'm a NC50 / NW45 & I got Merrily, Love Thing & Gleeful which I adore, I'm considering getting backups even though you don't need to use much product.

I posted up swatches the other day

I love, love, love Merrily. I expected these mineralized blushes to be glitter bombs like some of the shimmery MSFs; but they, like the Electroflash MES, go on like butter and give my skin a glow. I have enlarged pores which do not look good w/glittery-type MSF. These blushes are much richer and longer lasting than MAC's regular blushes. I'll put them right up there w/NARS blushes. MAC needs to bring back more of these w/a large variety of colors. They got this one right, too.

I swatched Love Joy on my skin and couldn't "see" it. It's the exact same shade as my skin - NW45.

I ordered Love Thing and Gleeful online. Haven't received them, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
I have a question for you ladies I have no mineral products from mac I would love to try them. But BE irritates my skin. Will the mac products do the same? I really want the MSF natural

BE foundation and face colors irritated my skin (read -- burned if I sweated). But I use MACs mineral powder foundation, skin finishes, blushes, and natural MSF powder. No irritation whatsoever. Before the new powder foundation came out, I used the Natural MSF powder as foundation. I don't see the difference in them, so when I run out of the powder foundation, I won't re-purchase 'cause the Natural MSF powder works fine as a foundation for me.

BTW, which brush does everyone use to apply these blushes? I have the 181SE, but when I felt the 181 in the store, it was so much softer and fluffier. But if you have the 181SE from last year's Novel Twist collection, it'll work, too, along with the 188 if you want to use a lighter hand.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
lovejoy = x rocks (have to use w/ 187/188)
nauances = spaced out plus fluerry

there both are great .

You think so? Love Joy is more coppery to me. It actually reminds me a little of NARS's Lovejoy. X-Rocks is a plummy brown on me.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
You think so? Love Joy is more coppery to me. It actually reminds me a little of NARS's Lovejoy. X-Rocks is a plummy brown on me.

for a close yeah i do (on my skin)...i have both .. and xrocks shimmers more maybe slight different....yeah i seen the nar's swatch pretty close.

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

HeavenLeiBlu

I started out drooling over swatches for Nuance and Warm Soul, and then a swatch of Love Thing caught my eye. My concerns about the first two were that they wouldn't show up on my nw 45ish skin well, and I was correct. But when I put on Merrily, OMG, y'all I fell in love! I may still go back and hey Love Thing, when my budget permits ( I only planned on getting Sea & Sky from Electroflash, which I love, by the way), but Merrily is a thing to behold. *clutches it close to my heart*

berryjuicy

i'm nw45 and i have never bought a blush in my life. i don't live near a MAC counter but would like to buy two of these. i want to get merrily or gleeful, but i also want one that is more subtle...that will just give a bronzy glow. would warm soul or love joy be best for this? thanks in advance for your suggestions!!!

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuicy
i'm nw45 and i have never bought a blush in my life. i don't live near a MAC counter but would like to buy two of these. i want to get merrily or gleeful, but i also want one that is more subtle...that will just give a bronzy glow. would warm soul or love joy be best for this? thanks in advance for your suggestions!!!

IMO Love Joy would be the better one. we're the same coloring, and I swatched them yesterday.

Indian Barbie

I really like Love Thing! The mineral blushes are so much easier to apply than the normal powder blushes. I want to get merrily too.

damsel

Quote:

merrily v. gleeful: merrily
warm soul v. love joy: love joy

i have all of these, but if i had to choose two based on your skintone and preferences those would be it.

berryjuicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
merrily v. gleeful: merrily
warm soul v. love joy: love joy

i have all of these, but if i had to choose two based on your skintone and preferences those would be it.

may i ask why merrily over gleeful???

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
for a close yeah i do (on my skin)...i have both .. and xrocks shimmers more maybe slight different....yeah i seen the nar's swatch pretty close.

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

I can see that. Just goes to show how much colors differ from person to person.

damsel

Quote:

merrily is the more vivid of the two. it's brighter, has better color payoff and is prettier [the gold specks are more apparent]. if you want it to look like gleeful you can apply it lightly [i.e. 187]. for a truer color use the 129, it's very versatile.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:

IMO, it's warmer and more vibrant. I had absolutely no intention of even bothering with it prior to seeing it in store. Once I put it on, the game was OVAH! Merrily is by far my favorite of those two. The better pink for NW45 is Love Thing, IMO. Then gleeful, after Love thing. Merrily has a more reddish tone as opposed to pink, but it gives a healthy rosy glow.

lipglass_junkie

I'm NW35 and so far I got Love Joy and Love Thing. I checked them all out at my counter except for Warm Soul (they didn't have that one in the display). I still want more tho.

My list of possibilities include:
-Merrily
-Nuance
-Gentle
-Pleasantry
-Warm Soul (if I ever see it)

Which ones do you guys think are the top 2 or 3 of that list to get, considering my NW35 skin and the two I already have?

Helima

Just wondering...I am NW47.
Did Lovejoy not show up at all or could you at least some color/shimmer?
I am wondering if would give a nice glow.

NaturalT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I started out drooling over swatches for Nuance and Warm Soul, and then a swatch of Love Thing caught my eye. My concerns about the first two were that they wouldn't show up on my nw 45ish skin well, and I was correct. But when I put on Merrily, OMG, y'all I fell in love! I may still go back and hey Love Thing, when my budget permits ( I only planned on getting Sea & Sky from Electroflash, which I love, by the way), but Merrily is a thing to behold. *clutches it close to my heart*

I went in to MAC today with my heart set on love thing but Merrily stole it! It has a nice glowy red/pink look that is buildable and doesnt look to harsh. I think it has a pretty good staying power because it is so buildable. Lovething was more plummy red or burgundy which was cool but Merrily is a better look for me. I think im in love with it!

d n d

I got Love Thing. It's a pretty color but it is SUPER pigmented. I am not really a blush person, but this color caught my eye at the store.

entyce08

i ended up with merrily & love thing ........love them both!!! i'm nc45 for reference............