WOC: The Hair Thread

Richelle83

Have any of you tried Karen's Body Beautiful? I heard its great for 4b/4c hair
Long time ago! I loved all the scents but everything had coconut oil high up on the list also nettle which dries my hair out
noworry.gif

TXBeautyBaby

Long time ago! I loved all the scents but everything had coconut oil high up on the list also nettle which dries my hair out
noworry.gif
Thanks Richelle! Someone recommended it to me today and I thought I would ask you ladies what you thought. I'll double check the ingredients to see if they've changed.

Richelle83

Thanks Richelle! Someone recommended it to me today and I thought I would ask you ladies what you thought. I'll double check the ingredients to see if they've changed.
NP! If your good with the ingredients then yes KBB is great. Also Qhemet Biologics is a fav with 4b/c ladies.

TXBeautyBaby

I just checked and I will be avoiding the Leave-in conditioner (it has nettle, thank Richelle) but I will be checking out the Super Duper Hydrating Cream.

VampyCouture

Quote: Originally Posted by Richelle83
Which bar(s) are you going to get? I have a box full of them lol

Do you like them?
I am planning on ordering tonight:

Ayurvedic Herb Bar
Mud and Clay Bar
Neem & Tea Tree Bar
Rosemary Lavender Bar

VampyCouture

Quote: Originally Posted by Richelle83

Ayurvedic is my fav. The other three are good. Carrot & Honey was nice for my face.

Thank you! I will now look into the carrot & honey. Glad you like the Ayurveda one, because that was the one I was going to try first!
cheerleader.gif

ETA: Just ordered all four! So excited now!

shontay07108

Hey, I haven't been following this thread closely at all, but maybe you guys can help. I have relaxed hair and I've been using the pantene shampoos and conditioners for women of color w/ relaxed hair. It's been fine, but I can't help but think there's something better out there. Anyone have any recommendations for shampoos, conditioners, leave ins, scalp treatments, anything hair related for relaxed hair? Or is there already a thread for that that I'm missing?

Richelle83

Hey, I haven't been following this thread closely at all, but maybe you guys can help. I have relaxed hair and I've been using the pantene shampoos and conditioners for women of color w/ relaxed hair. It's been fine, but I can't help but think there's something better out there. Anyone have any recommendations for shampoos, conditioners, leave ins, scalp treatments, anything hair related for relaxed hair? Or is there already a thread for that that I'm missing?
Not sure if there is a thread but I'm gonna do some searching and come back to edit this post!

To start with http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=524429
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=570837

A lot of the ladies there have blogs too.

shontay07108

Ah, thank you so much Richelle! Searching on my own, somehow I would come up empty and get frustrated. I have a healthy head of hair and I've been relaxing it for a long, long time w/o a lot of maintenance, but I want to get on the ball now that I'm getting older. We know everything goes south after 30.

Richelle83

Ah, thank you so much Richelle! Searching on my own, somehow I would come up empty and get frustrated. I have a healthy head of hair and I've been relaxing it for a long, long time w/o a lot of maintenance, but I want to get on the ball now that I'm getting older. We know everything goes south after 30.
NP! I just hit 30 last month! I'm doing all kinds of things now that I wasn't before
girlhaha.gif
So jealous, my hair and scalp were never happy relaxed!

shontay07108

I've had relaxed hair since I was about 12. I only stopped once when I was about 18 for maybe 6 months. It wasn't for me. I used to go to a woman for years and years and her fingers were like magic on my head. She relaxed my hair and it was always healthy and long and I had to do very little to it. This year, I've moved into relaxing at home b/c I don't feel like going over to her salon anymore. So far, so good. Anyway, I won't hijack your thread any longer. Thanks for your help again.

VampyCouture

Anyway, I won't hijack your thread any longer. Thanks for your help again.
You are not hijacking lol Your hair is healthy and you can still offer us some insight on hair care and techniques. If I come across any products, I will PM you. I know I have read some threads on different forums, but I'm not on my computer so I'll have to check later.

MissTT

I don't think it's hijacking or I'm in the wrong thread, too. It says hair thread not "natural" hair thread. I'm relaxed, too, and don't really have plans to go natural. I had long healthy hair, but had an incident w/ some medication and lost huge chunks of it. Had to chop it short eventually. It was growing back so well and then a few months ago I stopped sleeping on a satin pillowcase and broke off a bunch of hair in the back. Ugh! I really don't like doing anything to my hair. I'm too lazy and it doesn't interest me. Right now I'm trying to work on my scalp issues since I've had them for years. Sagehen has been incredibly helpful.
eta: Sorry for being offensive. No one here has been crabby or bossy at all. I don't like talking hair w/ a lot of natural folks. I often don't feel accepted. Everyone's style is different. Not a big deal. Some people take it as a personal affront.

sagehen

pbi: some of us natural ladies don't feel accepted when people start throwing the phrase natural nazi around, either. I'm not trying to start any mess, IJS. That phrase is loaded in all kinds of ways. I almost wanted to stop participating in this thread when I saw that.

shontay07108

I don't think it's hijacking or I'm in the wrong thread, too. It says hair thread not "natural" hair thread. I'm relaxed, too, and don't really have plans to go natural. I had long healthy hair, but had an incident w/ some medication and lost huge chunks of it. Had to chop it short eventually. It was growing back so well and then a few months ago I stopped sleeping on a satin pillowcase and broke off a bunch of hair in the back. Ugh! I really don't like doing anything to my hair. I'm too lazy and it doesn't interest me. Right now I'm trying to work on my scalp issues since I've had them for years. Sagehen has been incredibly helpful. Don't kick us out natural-hair-nazis! J/k. No one here has been crabby or bossy at all. I don't like talking hair w/ a lot of natural folks. I often don't feel accepted. Everyone's style is different. Not a big deal. Some people take it as a personal affront.
I just assumed this was a natural hair thread b/c every time I would skim through I wouldn't really see anything else. Sorry about your hair. I know that can be devastating. I have eczema and when it first developed, it was on my neck and my scalp. It was so, so bad. I didn't know it was eczema, though. The doctor thought it was caused by the relaxer even though I had been getting them for years at that point (I was a sophomore in high school). I scratched my head like crazy and my edges thinned out a bit b/c I couldn't help scratching and pulling at the scabs (gross, I know). Then, I went to a dermatologist who knew it was eczema, treated it and I was back in business. Still a bit sensitive about my edges though and there's no cure for eczema, but at least it's not on my scalp anymore. Speaking of edges, I need good edge control. Only when I first get a relaxer can I control this mess. I'm using argan oil and it's great except it doesn't hold all day. I tried olive oil and that was a flaky, greasy mess.

MissTT

So sorry, sage. I was hesitant when I wrote it, but I was in a hurry/distracted. I'll remove it. Black women's hair is such a heated topic and I wish it wasn't so. It's truly the strangest of cultural fights and I wish it would stop. I noticed all the hair talk here was about natural hair, but I was hoping to be accepted unlike some other places I've visited.