Working for Sephora

DivineFacez

Re: Sephora salaries????

Well I went on my second interview last week....I was told by others that if I made it thus far, then I pretty much got the job....all I am doing now is waiting for the call. It should be today or tomorrow. So Im just patiently waiting....but thanks for asking...i will let u know!!
th_wink3.gif

Miss Redgal

i loved working there! i work there seasonal during christmas.
my interview was kinda weird the manager wasnt there so the asst manager called her. the manager asked her on the phone "do you like her" the asst manager said yes! and i love her makeup and her outfit is too cute. the manager answered "well tell her to start tomorrow" i had fun for those few weeks! i learned sooo much!

QueenBam

Re: Sephora... what does this mean?

UPDATE!!!!

So today, long time after, the girl from dallas finally asked me to come in from an interview again.... i'd like a little bit of info on what kind of positions sephora has because I don't want to undersell myself (i'm leaving my super crappy job ive had for 2 years, don't want to end up at the bottom of the pyramid for another while!)
obviously we discussed the brand reps.... i'm open for that.
there's also a rumor that a store might be opening in Southlake TX which is an area where a lot of $$$ flows... wouldn't mind being transferred to that...

and well any other general tips
smiles.gif

also, last time i had this very clean look makeup wise, what do you guys think I should wear this time?

thanks ladies! I want this so bad... my current job sucks, they overwork me, they treat me terribly, it makes me depressed and i get paid under $8/hr!!! so yeah i would love to finally get into something related to my career for once.

TwiggyPop

Re: Sephora... what does this mean?

Sephora has color consultants, skincare consultants and cashiers. Most skincare and color consultants usually end up on the cash wrap too though. Not too many people are hired as cashiers.
Being a brand rep would be great too, especially if you like to break up the monotony because you'll travel around to different stores in a general area. You'll basically be assigned a region and its your job to keep up the sales in that region so if you feel one store isn't selling your brand as much you'd probably want to spend more time there and train the color consultants on your brand and tell them how wonderful it is and you'd also be on the floor selling to clients.

TwiggyPop

The cat eye with red lips and the smoky eye are always good looks. The smoky eye is always asked for by clients so showing that you can do it is a plus.

lechat

Question about sephora?

I've already been through the giant sephora thread on here, but it didn't answer my question. Most other forums look down on bumping old threads, so I hope it's okay that i've made a new one.
smiles.gif

I was wondering if anyone knew about an aspect of new stores...
When the store first opens, is the staff generally from another established store?

I really want to apply to the new store, but I'm worried the available spots may already be taken. It JUST opened. I haven't seen anything about it on monster or craigslist, OR on the website - so I'm hoping the locals will be brought in throughout this month, which would give me a chance at working there!
smiles.gif

Anyone know?

Thank you!

MzzRach

Re: Question about sephora?

Hi there - we actually encourage our members to post in the sticky threads dedicated to specific topics - such as the Working for Sephora thread. I am going to merge your post into that thread now. Thanks!

rosegasm

interview with sephora help

alrighty, so i was having a one-on-one interview with a store manager of sephora and i put on a very open and friendly personality.

the question that made me pause was: "what are your career goals?"

and i felt so weird answering, because i was planning on going to law school... and everybody and their mother knows first year = no life whatsoever.

could this have turned him off from hiring me?

i was also asked to sell a foundation... it was from lorac (im not familiar with the brand so i read off some features off the box). i talked about how important each aspect of the foundation was, and it would be beneficial to the client depending on what theyre looking for.

btw, this is my first retail interview.

lojical1

Hi lechat,
To my understanding the store will be staffed with a mix of new hires as well as possibly cast members who have transferred. Don't be afraid to apply, especially if you have related experience or at least have worked retail/cs. It also doesn't hurt come interview time if you have knowledge of products or lines. Hth

Barbie-gone-bad

Sephora Interview! What should I wear?

Hi guys, I have an interview at Sephora coming up and I have no idea what I should wear or how I should do my make-up.

I was think about doing a modern pin-up look, with pale purple winged liner and bubble pink lips. What do you think? Do you think the bright lips looks like I am trying too hard?

Should I do a more subtle look?

I know I should wear black, but do I go for a dressy, casual, or funky look?

Thanks soo much for ur time!

kaliraksha

Re: Sephora Interview! What should I wear?

I would add one or two quirky accessories to a more "professional" outfit. I like the idea of either the purple winged liner or the bubble pink lips, but I dunno if I'd do both (depends on store). What will your hair be like? You should try to follow through on the modern pin up theme there.

What do the employees wear at the store you're applying to? Definitely take cues from there, it seems like every city/manager has little things they allow or won't even if they are a franchise.

Good luck!

Barbie-gone-bad

I have naturally curly hair, but I am going to straighten it, because I recently had a bad over layered hair cut-curly hair curls different at different lengths :p. I was think of putting some soft curls in it aswell.

I actual haven't been to this sephora in a long time. There is one closer to me, and I usually go there. When I handed in my resume I was too nervous to look at the employees :p.

RaynelleM

Which Sephora is your interview at? I worked at the one in the Eaton Centre until a couple of weeks ago!

You should definitely wear something dressy, black dress pants would be good as they are part of the costume.

Good luck!!

Barbie-gone-bad

I was thinking about applying to the one at the Eaton centre, but they probably get soo many resumes, I figure I wouldn't have a chance :p.

RaynelleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie-gone-bad
I was thinking about applying to the one at the Eaton centre, but they probably get soo many resumes, I figure I wouldn't have a chance :p.

Well quite a few people left recently, including myself, so i'm sure they are hiring right now. You should drop one off anyway because around october they will be hiring for x'mas.

ruthless

Re: interview with sephora help

I see no one has replied, did you get a position there? If you did, yay! If not, I suggest you follow up with the manager and ask her what traits you could improve on to get up to their standards. Good luck!

Hi
smiles.gif
I'm new here, I was just browsing the net looking for useful info about working at Sephora and interviewing for them, and there have been soo many helpful posts in this thread! Thank you to everyone!
th_happy1.gif
love.gif
I'm hoping to get hired by Sephora soon...I work in the mall the store is in already, I spend most of my breaks there, and I know a few of the employees, and I'm hoping they'll put in a good word for me! I went in to meet the managers personally before my interview, and they seemed to like me. I've gone through the first interview, which seemed to cover anything/everything any other retail job interview would cover. It was a group interview, which was sort of a drag. I felt really, really good about it though! I sat close to the interviewer and answered last, so not only did I get to think about my answers for the longest, but I was able to take bits and pieces from other peoples' answers and incorporate them into mine
tong.gif
so that helped... PLUS, I got to make the last impression each time. Afterwards, I pretended I was looking for something in my purse so that I could stay after and thank the interviewer personally. Today, I talked to a girl that works in the store, and she said a manager said she's really impressed with someone, so I'm just reeeeeeally hoping it's me! There are six positions available, so I feel like a good chance, but I still want to make sure I feel well prepared for anything... A couple people have already, but can anyone please elaborate on their second interview? Any advice is VERY much appreciated!! I'm really not sure what to expect since the first interview seemed to cover so much.