How do/would you feel about people borrowing your Mac?

Sushi_Flower

I seem to be the 'Mac girl' amongst my friends so they all ask me for advice and stuff and they've all bought a couple of things due to seeing my stuff and my reccomendations. Thing is i know that none of them share my passion enough to look into it enough or buy enough but they'd still be 'wow' if they saw my stuff which is always growing (slowly) i have very little stuff compared to everyone else but to non-Mac fanatics even my collection is big to them. I've used my makeup on my friend's before which i don't mind doing at all and quiet enjoy but i think if they had the chance then a couple of them might ask to borrow a pallete or something one day to take with them and i really wouldn't want them to, i know that sounds nasty but they just wouldn't appreciate it like i do and i dread to think the state it would come back in and also i just don't like the idea of someone else using and doing what they want to MY Mac!! Also i can't afford much myself, i really love Mac so i save and save and miss out on loads of stuff and then finally sometimes have enough money to buy a few things so my stuff is pretty precious to me.

Miss Pumpkin

I am like you... I love doing my friend's make up and don't mind using my MAC on them AT ALL. But it's like my cd's, they're very personal things and very important to me so I don't like other people borrowing them... Make up and music are sacred.
greengrin.gif

Sanne

I don't mind it if I use my make-up on someone else, but I'm not letting anoyone borrowing it!

Turbokittykat

I'd be unlikely to lend my makeup to anyone. In fact, I've learned the hard way that lending anything to most people is not a good idea. I'm very selective about who I will lend things to, regardless of whether it's a CD, a DVD, a book, a computer, makeup or something else I am lending. I lent my laptop to a friend a couple of weeks ago, but only because I know he'll be careful with it and I'll get it back again! I only know one person I'd even consider lending makeup to.

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
I'm very selective about who I will lend things to, regardless of whether it's a CD, a DVD, a book, a computer, makeup or something else I am lending.

I feel the same way...I will lend things to people, but I am very picky about which things to which people. One or two people I would lend my computer to, but there are some people I wouldn't even lend a book to (like the one who leaves books outside in the rain). I know it's just stuff and it's not life or death, but if I'm going to lend my makeup (which isn't cheap!) to someone, it would have to be someone who would be careful with it.

Janice

No, I'm not posessive but I would not lend my makeup to anyone solely because of sanitary reasons. I'm kinda a freak about that sort of thing (I won't even apply my lipstuffs without a clean lipbrush, never dip fingers into eyeshadows or lippies, etc).

I would though, if one of my friends *REALLY* loved something, give it to them and replace it later.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty anal about my makeup. I keep it all extremely clean and organized. I really don't even like my daughter using it. I told her, I will assist her if there is something she wants to use, but to not use my brushes and she has to ask permission first. I don't think I would let anyone borrow any of it tho. Dawn

pink__grapefruit

I'm like that... My friends will ask if they can borrow one of my pallete to go on Vaca...the thing is, is they don't know that a quad is worth around 45 bucks each. My sister does the same thing, but she doesn't like to ask, and she doesn't like to give it back... Me and my mom have to search through her makeupbag weekly to find what is ours, and theres ALOT of our makeup in there.

jasper17

I don't lend stuff out and my makeup is no exception. Then again, except for giving samples to one of my friends when I get a new pigment, I probably wouldn't use my stuff on them either. It's mostly a germ thing (you can never be too careful) and also I haven't had a good track record with people borrowing or returning things.

libra14

I won't lend my make-up. I'll use it on someone but it won't leave my house. I don't even take it out for touch-ups for myself, except for lipstuffies and that stays in my pocket to prevent theft. I had one stolen from my purse once. Mac's eye products don't require touch-ups IMO.

Joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
I don't mind it if I use my make-up on someone else, but I'm not letting anoyone borrowing it!

that's excatly how I feel!

Spam.n.Rice

I only let one of my friends borrow only certain e/s when we were neighbors and my roommate. Other than that, I wouldn't let anyone else borrow any of my makeup at all.

gigiproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie

i learned that recently when i lent my girl my rayothon and elle..she never gave it back
hell no..never again

Hawkeye

If a friend of mine uses it, i either give it to her or sell it on ebay saying 99% remains. :/ I have this fear.....

princess

I will never lend my makeup to anyone. There's the hygiene factor plus most of my friends aren't into makeup anyway. :p

litlaur

If someone wanted to borrow one or two things, I'd rather just buy it for them. I'm a bit paranoid about letting anyone borrow anything, especially books and makeup.

Shoe Crazy

There is no way I would let my MAC makeup out of my sight! They can either use it in front of me or I will help apply it on them but they will not get out the door with it.

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemichelle
I don't let anyone borrow anything of mine. If they want it bad enough they can buy it just like I did.

I feel the same. It's not that I'm selfish but you never get your stuff back in the same condition you lent it out in.

mac_obsession

I dont lend anything out anymore. I find that if I get it back which is RARELY its torn up or damaged. I would never ever ever ever lend anyone my mac stuffies...are you kiddine me :p

I however do put it on people, but not using my brushes, only sanitary ones and I never share mascara or lipgloss that can be dipped into. Other than that, the m/u stays with me! I must have full control of my m/u or it just isnt happening.

Latest posts