2 years worth of FOTDs :(

Pimptress

Yeah that's right, I'm going to post 730 pictures. Just kidding.

I posted these pictures on a regular forum that I post at... a very large forum... I got a number of various comments ranging from "I love it ! I wish I was experimental" to "I think it's pretty and everything, very talented. But in most of the pictures I just think it's a little over kill." (OVERKILL?!?!??!?!) and someone asked me if I ever sport a more "natural" look like "browns, tans, etc"

Ugh, the 3rd comment I just told you guys is the worst... browns? I wish. I wish browns looked good on me. I wish I wasn't pale and cool toned and that browns didn't make me look sick and I wish I didn't have to wear makeup at all without looking like a twelve year old
ssad.gif

anyway... here are the pictures I posted.

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

Those two are from 2004 when I was just starting to figure out eye makeup application... not even MAC makeup, I didn't know it existed back then... Just so you know where I started and where I've ended up... I suppose

puckerface.jpg

This really isn't the best picture, and yeah, we're making that incredibly dumb face on purpose... but this is right after I got into MAC.. summer 2004... and all I owned was Pink Freeze and Creme De Violet... I don't really wear pinks too much anymore...

california1.jpg

california2.jpg

Those are from last year in April... I was in California at the time and about to drive down to LA to see my ex boyfriend who I hadn't seen for about a year... so yeah, I did it up a little bit... this is more or less my "blues" look

brill1.jpg

Easter 2005... my favorite eyeshadow, MAC's Brill... I have other colors on too, but I don't remember what they are...

christmas1.jpg

christmas2.jpg

Huge span in time from previous one (i'm sure some were lost)... this was for my work Christmas party 2005... I wanted to go for a smokey, sultry look.

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

Another blue eyed look.. This was also the day I bought my "Dubonnet" lipstick
blue3.jpg

So I was celebrating finally finding a red lipstick that turned up red on me. I didn't actually leave the house with any of this makeup on. It was a boring saturday night and my boyfriend and I were just sitting around so I just decided to screw around with my makeup. JUST so you know that I didn't leave the house looking like such a clown
winks.gif

This was for a challenge on Specktra. I recreated Kevin Aucoin's Marissa Berenson look..
http://djuna.nkino.com/christy/00/00-01.jpg (christy turlington as marissa barington)
kevinaucoin1.jpg

kevinaucoin2.jpg

(nikki's marissa barington look)

and finally... one crazy look but one of my favorites because I love how the colors look together (a lot of people probably won't).. this is a look with 3 of the colors from the 2005 MAC Holiday temptations Warm eye palette.
trend1.jpg

trend2.jpg

and one more, but on a different day of the same color combo:
trend3.jpg

help me feel better ladies :p

Pimptress

Oh by the way, ANY CRITISISM, ANY TIPS, and ANY new color suggestions for my skin tone is VERY, VERY welcome. Help! Do people think I look like a clown?!

MACGoddess

I think the pics are GORGEOUS! You did a fantastic job hun, they were crazy to think THAT is "experimental!!"

How do you like greens, golds, and purples? I think those would look gorgeous on you... Oddly enough, Oranges too! They really make blue eyes POP!

chako012

Your really pretty, and I love the looks, maybe you shoudl try purple liek Mac Godess said that would look lovely and honey colours will look good too!
Even a teal
smiles.gif

tricky

i think bronze or gold e/s would look good on you, i actually think brown could look good if it was the right shade. i have a similar coloring to you and i love Sensualize.

ashleigh

i don't like the blue eyeshadow, at all, and with the red lipstick it honestly does seem a little clowny to me. it looks better on you than anyone i can think of who i've seen it on, but i just can't like it!

i think you'd look so good with bronzes, not so dark browns like mac antiqued, pinks and greens

your application is phat
smiles.gif
fyi this is ash U NO ME GIRLFREN

hundove

it's lovely!!!! and you don't look too madeup at all...just perfectly polished!
I love the way oyu apply eye makeup!
Could youp lease tell us what oyu used for each look? i'd love to buy the same colors oyu used.

coachkitten

I think that they are all gorgeous! They all look great on you and I think you shouldn't listen when people tell you they are overkill. Do what you want!

sallytheragdol

I've seen you on that other forum
smiles.gif
and I love all your FOTDs.......your use of color is great...and it's actually not that bold compared to a lot of the ladies here who get tons of praise on this forum. anyway, I love it and there is no need to wear brown...you look awesome. and your very pretty without makeup too btw....

alurabella

I think you look fantastic. I love the colors with our fair skin, and the red lips? To DIE for. I don't like red on most people, but you pull it off VERY well.

AudreyNicole

They are all amazing! I love the blue ones! What shades of blue are they? I am SO SAD that I missed out on Brill!
ssad.gif

trucco.diva

Hey, wow you've done some great work!!

As far as colours for you, I have a similar colouring to you, and when I wear bronzes or anything with an orange base on my eyes I constantly get asked if I am wearing contacts because my eyes look so blue, so you could try some bronzes and coppers will make your yes look green.

Also you should wear pink again! You really suit it, it looks great on you,be careful with blues because they can sometimes wash your eyes out if they are too similar to your eye colour, try to use a black liner in your waterline to bring back the definition to your eyes.

You have great placement of shadow and Im really impressed!