sierrao

hey everyone

Im really scared that the world is going to end in 2012, with everything thats going on right now with the whole mayan calender, scientific predictions and so many other things about the world coming to a end. I know i probley sound crazy but i dont want us to die. we got our whole life ahead of us. I try to talk to my friends and family about it but there like "stop worrying, nothings going to happen." but hey if that day does come i want my family to be prepared. I know alot of people are probley going to say that this is like the Y2K thing and nothings going to happen, but seriously its not. the mayans dident predict Y2K, they predicted that Dec 12, 2012 will be the last day. idk about you all but thats pretty convincing that something might happen.

sorry if i sound crazy but i just want to know if you all feel the same way.
th_dunno.gif

lovelydisarray

you don't sound crazy! i bet there will be tons of people who agree with you! it is scary to not know whether or not it will happen. but all you can do is live every day to it's fullest so that if it really does come true, you have nothing to regret! fear is useless in enjoying life. try not to worry too much!
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

2012 is awhile away and the truth is you could die any day from something unexpected so why not stop worrying as there is nothing to stop death. To keep worrying about what may or may not happen is like wasting valuable time and if it does happen, it's even worse.

Shadowy Lady

lol, please someone show me where scientific predictions say the world would end in 2012 (as the OP states).

I honestly found this whole 2012 craze funny, but to me if not proven, I don't believe it, hehe. I need more that "coincidence" to call something fact

hello_kitty

Haha, I'm not the least bit worried! I mean, what would worrying do to stop it anyway? If I die, I die! Meh! I guess I probably feel this way because I am non-religious, so I don't have a preoccupation with what will happen when I die.

I don't believe in all the nonsense anyway, but the only thing I ask is if there's survivors after an apocalypse that I'm not one of them... I'm wimpy, I like electricity and clean water, and toilets. I'm not cut out to rebuild the human civilization, I'll leave that to the pros, LOL!

Boasorte

you can die 2moro walking across the street, but does that mean ur scared to walk out of your house?
You don't sound crazy a lot of ppl feel that way.... I must admit, sometimes I do wonder " wtf is going on in the world?" for the past like 6,7 years with these natural disasters, killing sprees on the news, smh just pure madness

InspiredBlue

A word of warning to anyone buying into this: Since Columbia Pictures is currently promoting a doomsday film called "2012", there are internet sites, like this one, created with the purpose of starting a viral marketing campaign. These sites might look somewhat real and make it seem like there are actual scientists saying that the world will end in 2012. This is not true, it's just a campaign for a movie.

gildedangel

There really isn't any reason to worry, because there is nothing that you can do about it whether it happens or not. Just live your life like you normally would, to the fullest!
smiles.gif

stronqerx

I saw the preview for the movie last night. It does look scary but as someone posted above...if you die, you die. That's it. Nothing we can do to stop it. This isn't holding me back from living my life today, I am still hoping to plan my wedding, graduate from college and what not. Not to get all religious, but it's a part of who I am, but the bible says that no one knows the hour or the day of the end. I don't fear death to be honest, but that goes even deeper to my beliefs (don't wanna get into it). Nonetheless, Even if 2012 does happen, I don't think it really means its the end of the world...like everyone dies. It may just be the end of the world as we know it.

kdemers1221

the date is actually december 21, 2012.... that happens to be my birthday. lucky me. but honestly i don't believe into the hype. for me its another reason for industries to cash in on people's fears. the movie is a perfect example. I'm taking a class on maya prehistory we're only 2 weeks in but when we talk about this i'll let you guys know what my professor has to say about it seeing as the maya are her specialty and shes done archaeological work with maya artifacts in mexico.

blazeno.8

As one person on Yahoo said, the Mayan calendar ends on Dec 21, 2012 but that means that the next calendar cycle just starts after the old one ends. Maybe it's just that there is another layer of cycles that our calendar doesn't account for.

MaskedBeauty

seriously I think that's all a bunch of BS. Just like everyone thought the world would end in the year 2000 or that something "bad" was gonna happen.

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
seriously I think that's all a bunch of BS. Just like everyone thought the world would end in the year 2000 or that something "bad" was gonna happen.

yeah all the computers were going to crash lol it was pretty funny.

This whole 2012 thing is kinda weird but everthing is based on what the mayans believed to be true at that time and that was thousands of years ago. And isn't it odd that we are now just hearing about this 2012 mess. If this whole thing was true wouldn't people be talking about in 1997 or 2003 ?? Or everybody thought the world was going to end in 2000. And it didn't then come 2008ish now the world is going to end in 2012 ???? pleasse. Its so weird to me if all this is true why are we hearing about it now, wouldn't people be researching about all this in the late 90's i just cant get over that. Millons and millions of people in third world countries have been suffering their whole lives without food, water, shelter a home for their childern life ended for them a long time ago... all those lame movies that are being made (billons and billons of dollars) should be given to those countries not a lame movies with special effects.

haha sorry not trying to mean but ugh im so over this 2012 thing, but i understand how some people are scared i dont blame you at all but don't stress over it OP
winkiss.gif

Mabelle

i had heard about 2012 yearsssss ago. this isnt a "new thing" its just getting closer to the date, so more people are talking about it

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i had heard about 2012 yearsssss ago. this isnt a "new thing" its just getting closer to the date, so more people are talking about it

really ??? that changes everything then, in my whole post maybe im still too young then thats why i never heard of it before ... Thanks belle

Strawberrymold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
Haha, I'm not the least bit worried! I mean, what would worrying do to stop it anyway? If I die, I die! Meh! I guess I probably feel this way because I am non-religious, so I don't have a preoccupation with what will happen when I die.

I don't believe in all the nonsense anyway, but the only thing I ask is if there's survivors after an apocalypse that I'm not one of them... I'm wimpy, I like electricity and clean water, and toilets. I'm not cut out to rebuild the human civilization, I'll leave that to the pros, LOL!

LOL I'm with you! Here would be my order...

Lights go out
Laptop reserve power dies
Cheesy poofs are all gone
can't find a diet coke to save my life
Why fight anymore?
Followed by a quick death.

chocolategoddes

I'll probably be the only one to think this, but if it is all true and the world ends in major catastrophe... that'd be a pretty awesome way to die.
I'd probably shit myself in fear and drop my jaw in amazement simultaneously.

Willa

People, you need to calm down
We're all gonna die anyway, so just take it cool until then
winks.gif

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrymold
LOL I'm with you! Here would be my order...

Lights go out
Laptop reserve power dies
Cheesy poofs are all gone
can't find a diet coke to save my life
Why fight anymore?
Followed by a quick death.

lol.gif
I'm sure mine would be similar to that!

Setting aside 2012, has anyone else noticed a lot more talk about zombies and how to prepare for an attack by them?! Maybe it's just an internet meme going on, but every day I see more and more people talking about how to prepare for zombie attacks.

I think the world is just becoming obsessed with plotting the end of civilization and thinking about the most gruesome ways it can happen
th_confused_new.gif

Latest posts