Willa

I know for sure where to hide if a zombie attack happens!

A drugstore!!!
graucho.gif

hello_kitty

I was thinking a strip club
greengrin.gif
I watched "Zombies Zombies Zombies," and it's about an attack of zombies and everyone hides in a strip club. Genius idea, LOL!

cazgh

The sad thing is - nobody predicted a tsunami on boxing day or the planes hitting twin towers and yet for thousands of people these kind of events were and continue to be their own personal doomsdays and major traumas for their families.

I don't really think anybody is qualified to say this sort of thing will happen, at this point in time, and kill this many people - with the benefit of hindsight sure, but for real and in advance - just not possible.

The Mayans lived before science - in the kind of times when thunder and lightening was taken to be god speaking or punishing people - we can't live our lives in fear of these vague stories of old.

Even our top scientists who study volcanoes for their whole lives, can't tell us when an eruption will happen and there are so many real issues to worry about - don't stress about stuff which might not even happen - save your well being for stuff that will happen and remember its all possible
smiles.gif

Like some others have said, if it is going to happen we'll all have to live or die with the consequences then - just enjoy life and remember to tell the people that you love how much you love them whenever you can.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
I was thinking a strip club
greengrin.gif
I watched "Zombies Zombies Zombies," and it's about an attack of zombies and everyone hides in a strip club. Genius idea, LOL!

at work we always think about what we'd due during a zombie attack! and lucky for us, my shop is the perfect place to hide out and with lots of things we could use as weapons! our toughest choice was deciding on should we let the panasonic staff come and hide out at my sony shop! because they're complete asses to us!

as for 2012... i'm not freaked, i don't think anything will happen. but if it does at least i'll die with everybody else!

kabuki_KILLER

I think that's the day my species will finally come to Earth and get their revenge on the humans. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.

PS: Diet Coke is like decaf coffee. It tastes awful. ;P

*Stargazer*

As blazeno.8 pointed out, the Mayan calendar will simply start over. It's done so before
winks.gif
The Mayans didn't predict any end to anything besides the calendar. It's just like getting a new calendar on December 31st. Except the length of theirs is longer than 12 months.

cazgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Nostradamus predicted 9/11

But we could only find his prediction after the event and we could look for the exact things that had happened to find them in his writings - so what help was it to us anyway?

Mabelle

none of those predictions are any help anyway. even if they werent "so vague", no one in a position of power would believe it anyways. They would still chalk it up to superstition and paranoia.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
They would still chalk it up to superstition and paranoia.

arghhhh, superstitious ppl are my biggest pet peeves. I just cannot wrap my head around how ppl buy into superstition in this day and age. I obviousely respect calculated and researched predictions but making stuff up to make money or gain more power -> me =
angry.gif
th_wallbash.gif

Actually speaking of 2012, doesn't anyone else think that movies about end of the world or someone saving the world have become way too cliche and boring? How about some new ideas, huh?

reem2790

when it comes to predictions: the fact that they make no sense until AFTER the fact renders them useless.

as for 2012: no one group will determine the end of the world. let's get serious. if that's true, then we need to look at the abrahamic faiths, since the world will end soon based off of them, and at every other old text/scripture/ideology out there, the mayans never made reference to an ending of anything. other groups have. they still aren't taken seriously.

i think humanity's fear of the unknown with continue to feed all the controversy behind these claims. but hey. 2000 happened. no one died. 9/11 happened. we're still here. typhoons, earthquakes, disasters, whatever.

when the world ends no one will see it. we'll be dead...

Merula

I find it funny that according to our Gregorian calendar, the end of the world has a cute ring to it. We've changed calendars before (in the 60's some European countries switched from Julian to Gregorian forcing a 15 day shift "into the future")

There are many doom-day stories out there, and 2012 is just one of them. This blog i found said the end of the world is really 10-10-10 because an invisible planet, which NASA has not found yet, is going to collide with us. Nobody mentions 99942 Apophis which might come close to the earth's orbit in 2029.

I remember seeing books that the end of the world would happen in 1999, when I was in highschool. Then the Y2K thing. Also, people thought the world was going to end in 666 C.E., and also in 999 C.E. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

My dad thinks that too. He's a big believer in all things Nostradamus. I find it fascinating, but I don't believe it.

Whatever happens, happens. Just live life to the fullest...life is short anyways!

I think we'll be ok
smiles.gif

Monica

I don't subscribe to the mayan calendar personally, they were an ancient race who more than likely based alot of their knowledge on superstitions or religious ideals and it doesnt make much sense to put faith in things like that.

On a side note I do believe that there will be a zombie apocalypse and am preparing accordingly
winks.gif

SakurasamaLover

The whole 2012 thing is just a scam. The mayan calendar just restart as some said earlier. And nostradamus was no better then any guy you can phone and pay 3$ a minute to ear general stuff that works for almost everyone.

Just read about nostradamus... his biography and stuff... he was a scam. Oh and the whole thing about pole shifthing is a scam too. No worrys don't spend all your money on 2012 new years eve
winks.gif

purrtykitty

^^Actually, the North & South poles do shift magnetically every so often. But about the only thing that would happen there is compasses would be out of whack.

Latest posts