2013 First Beauty Purchase.

Ingenue

Happy New Year Everyone!

My first purchase was a set of brushes from Beaute Cosmetics. They had a 40% off sale and I did NOT hesitate!

CartoonChic

My first purchase was yesterday. I bought Emprise and Accessoire nail polishes from the Chanel Spring 2013 collection. My second purchase was yesterday, too. I ordered my first Zoya polishes.

ChosenOne

So this is semi-OT, but you know that UD Naked palette I finally caved and bought as my first purchase of the year? Well I got a look at it in good lighting and noticed that one of the colors definitely has some kind of smudge in it.
shockt.gif
Whether it was made by a finger or a brush, I don't know, but ew? Contacted Sephora CS about it and they claim I can exchange it at a Sephora store (I ordered it online), even though I threw away the outer packaging. Debating if it's worth doing that, since the whole reason I order online and don't buy things from the store is because I hate how everything is just out for people to grab and open if no one is looking. I'm not a germaphobe about much, but when it comes to makeup, I totally am. Thinking of just not using that one color since I have so many other pretties in the palette to choose from, but I wanted an opinion from fellow Specktrettes, if you have any thoughts on it! Sorry for the OT ramble...

xbuttonsx

I remember that with one of the palettes, the pans were not staying glued down very well during production and the workers (wearing gloves) were pressing the pans down with their fingers to get them to stay. The product was ok, it just had finger dents in some shadows. UD let customers exchange them.

ChosenOne

I remember that with one of the palettes, the pans were not staying glued down very well during production and the workers (wearing gloves) were pressing the pans down with their fingers to get them to stay. The product was ok, it just had finger dents in some shadows. UD let customers exchange them.
Interesting...thanks for the info!!

Shypo

Yeah, I've received palettes that I know have not been opened (the box is sealed), but the sometimes the plastic thingy presses against the shadow and makes a smudge. If you're in doubt, def exchange it.

Ingenue

My first purchase turned out to be my first expensive mistake. Beaute has a strict return policy, so I can't return the brushes (as they are not damaged). But to say that they are rubbish... would be an insult to rubbish.

The company's lip products are amazing, but I strongly suggest you avoid the brushes at any and all costs. I'm going to do a brush by brush comparison on my blog (to actual decent, quality brushes from drugstores and high end cosmetics/brush lines)... because OMG. These are better suited to DIY day in Kindergarten.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm not a germaphobe about much, but when it comes to makeup, I totally am.  Thinking of just not using that one color since I have so many other pretties in the palette to choose from, but I wanted an opinion from fellow Specktrettes, if you have any thoughts on it!  Sorry for the OT ramble...
Sanitize the palette with some 70% rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and use the shade anyway. :)

5tyles

My first purchase for the new year was MAC's Party Parrot (amazingly they had tons of this in stock at my local counter!), Benefit's World Famous Neutrals in Most Glamorous Nudes, and the eyeko travel size liner/mascara set! My wallet is not too happy right now but I am :p

Miss QQ

Happy New Year, everyone! I bought Dior Twin Eyeshadow set in Fishnet Black and Nail Glow two days ago! I'm very happy with my purchase although I haven't use them, but swatched them at the counter. It has been a long time since I purchased something from Dior.

MadTheologian

I still have not yet made my first purchase; however, I am going to get a microdermabrasion treatment this Thursday. I am waiting for Archie, and I am saving up for a Le Metier De Beaute Kaleidoscope. (I am thinking Bauhaus.)