205 mascara fan brush

hull_d

I was browsing my local counter last night and decided to ask about this brush as my mascara always clumps and all you guys seem to love this brush. So I asked and got some very blank looks from all the MA's. After a lot of describing and searching through jars of brushes they said that it must be a US only item as the UK does not always get all products.
As I was about to pay for the rest of my haul I spotted a jar of brushes on the counter and there was the 205. The MA's had never see it before! And had no idea how to use it - I ended up trying to explain Lara's post to them. The said that they would ask today about it and if i could come back on Sat then they would have tried it out......
I decided to wait to see what they think of it - but should I have got it anyway?

MAC_Whore

I absolutely love it! It seperates nicely and gives a nice bulk to the base of the lashes which makes them look like falsies. I love this brush so much that I bought one, then bought 3 more for back-ups.

I really think that this should be a regular brush, or at the least, a pro brush. If this was a reg brush, it would become one of those "cult classic" beauty products IMO. It is pretty unique and effective.

The only downside is having to clean it out each time.

I still don't understand MACs release plan for this. Why not promote it? Put it on the website? Is this a test market? Well, at least tell the MAs about it, MAC! Meh.... I gave up trying to understand MAC's markeing/distro awhile ago. Sometimes, it is what it is....a cluster f**k. I give. :shrug:

OK, enough of the rant. Back on topic: Love the brush. Highly recommend it!
smiles.gif

m4dswine

I so want this brush. I have very fair lash roots. My best mate had her eyes done last week and the MA said it would be really useful for that, because getting mascara right into the roots is an absolute pain, and for people with finer lashes (my best mate has thick lashes). Mine are sparse and long, with blonde roots. So I reckon I might buy this next week when I go to a counter.

Anyone who has tried it themselves, what sort of time did it take? (need to know whether its more of a weekend thing).

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
.....Anyone who has tried it themselves, what sort of time did it take? (need to know whether its more of a weekend thing).

It does take a few applications to pick up on the subtle nuances of the brush. I chose to make it a weekend thing simply because I really would be assed to re-do my eyes on a weekday morning.
smiles.gif

archangeli

Toronto-based gals I bought my 205 at the Bay counter on Queen and Yonge St.

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, I just picked it up because I didn't have it yet
tong.gif

Meliss1026

I looked at my counter last week for these and a few weeks ago when everyone first started talking about it..and I can't find it. Maybe a few locations didnt get this brush? I'm like in desperate need for it lol

coachkitten

I got mine at Nordstrom. They are the only place that I have seen the brush and it isn't even at Nordstrom online.

user79

Wow I'll have to take a look at this brush. But I'm not sure how often I would actually use it as I don't really have time in the morning to fiddle with lots of brushes...I usually apply my mascara on the train to work!

Shawna

I've found that I am actually making time for this brush in the morning because the results are so nice. I may not have time for much else, but my lashes are gorgeous!

mrstucker

I will NEVER buy falsies again! This brush does the trick...super thick, super long lashes, and they look fab - even when my eyes are closed! I love it...I wear mascara only, with red lips (instead of full face), and now, my makeup only takes 3 minutes! LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush, even more than my 187!

maxcat

So... next question. What mascara are we all using with this? So far my Loud Lash works best. Tried the fluidline trick, it worked really well but it kind of bugs my eyes.

hull_d

I am in love! I finally gave in and bought this brush after 3 trips to the counter and the MA's telling me that they didn't rate this brush. Used it this morning and NO MORE CLUMPING.... It is so easy to use and the results are excellent.
thmbup.gif
It takes no more time than a normal applicator.

For those that are unable to get to a counter - I also noticed that it is finallly available online in the US - it seemed to sort of sneaked in there unannounced.

msburgundy

hi, I typed in 205 in the search field on mac and macpro sites and found this brush on both sites. HTH someone.

marykelancey

I actually use mine differently than some of you. I apply mascara as usual, then I hold my brush going up and down my face so that the fan is blocking my view (like the long dimension of the fan is my iris) then I lightly blink to pull it through my lashes. It AWESOME at eliminating clumps and defining seperation with your lashes.

amoona

so now the brush is online is it a perm? is it only gonna be a f/s stores? i just bought one from a fellow specktra member and i cant wait to get it. but if it's l/e i want a back-up since it's not really expensive. ne ideas? the mac website isn't loading up for some reason!!

coachkitten

I have had the 205 brush for a few weeks now and finally last night I pulled it out to try. I am sooo in love with this brush! It made my lashes look a mile long and I was suprised at how easy it was to use.
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I have had the 205 brush for a few weeks now and finally last night I pulled it out to try. I am sooo in love with this brush! It made my lashes look a mile long and I was suprised at how easy it was to use.
smiles.gif

Glad you were able to get your hands on one. I love it too.
smiles.gif

Latest posts