205 mascara fan brush

MACLovin

Ok, I know this thread is from 2006 but I'd rather bump it than make a new one..

I was at the craft store today and picked up a very similar dupe for this. It's the Loew/Cornell 7200 Fan brush.. It's almost identical, only there are yellowish bristles instead of white.

I'll let you gals know how it works out! It was only $6!
th_DANCE.gif

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Ok, I know this thread is from 2006 but I'd rather bump it than make a new one..

I was at the craft store today and picked up a very similar dupe for this. It's the Loew/Cornell 7200 Fan brush.. It's almost identical, only there are yellowish bristles instead of white.

I'll let you gals know how it works out! It was only $6!
th_DANCE.gif

Definitely interested to see how this works out!

MAC_Whore

Just an FYI to those who haven't seen the thread in The Chopping Block, but the #205 is being removed from maccosmetics.com, counters and regular free standings and will become a pro product.

Ode to Joy

I have a few questions:

• Will it really make lashes look fuller? Better than mascara?
    Don't need more length or volume, but thicker lashes!!!
  • Somewhere I read that it only gives light to medium coverage - true? What I want is lashes that look like I wear falsies!!!
  • Does it seperate lashes? Plastic lash combs do nothing for me
    thmbdn.gif
  • If it's only available in Pro stores, does that apply to Europe, too?
  • What are all the uses? You can use it to apply mascara/pigments/fluidline to your lashes, seperate your lashes... anything else?

Ladydee91500

• Will it really make lashes look fuller? Better than mascara?
    Don't need more length or volume, but thicker lashes!!!
  • Yes this will make the lashes sooo much fuller - no spider eyes but VERY full. It really does enhance the lashes ALOT. u use whatever mascara - but as opposed the the crappy brushes - this is your fairy godmother!
  • Somewhere I read that it only gives light to medium coverage - true? What I want is lashes that look like I wear falsies!!!
  • It depends how many layers of mascara you use. It can be simple - but you seem like me - the more the better - and then you REALLY get the look - and best since it helps to prevent the clumping you can really get it on there.
  • Does it seperate lashes? Plastic lash combs do nothing for me
    thmbdn.gif
  • Yes it really does separate the lashes. I have really thick lashes and the combs don't do much for me either - other than pull out my stuck lashes. This does do an amazing job - like i said no clumpy lashes.
  • If it's only available in Pro stores, does that apply to Europe, too?
  • No idea on this one. Sorry. check the CCO's though.
  • What are all the uses? You can use it to apply mascara/pigments/fluidline to your lashes, seperate your lashes... anything else?
  • scratch your nose too
    winks.gif

northerngirl

I've had a Shu fan brush for like three years now... still in wrapper. I've just had no idea how to use it and didn't really see the point. I think I'll try it now!
smiles.gif

Ode to Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngirl
I've had a Shu fan brush for like three years now... still in wrapper. I've just had no idea how to use it and didn't really see the point. I think I'll try it now!
smiles.gif

Do you have a picture?
I think the 205 is (or, well, looks so in pictures I have seen!) very different from other fan brushes. I wonder if you can get the same results with other brushes...!

MissAlphaKitty

Question: Does anyone use their 205 brush with waterproof mascara? How is it to clean? Easy/more difficult? Techniques? Products that work? Any insight or opinions is greatly appreciated

TIA
smiles.gif

Ode to Joy

Well I have this brush now but I am can't seem to figure out how to use it right... I bought it to finally be able to get colour on the roots of my lashes.
When I use this brush there are mascara smudges on my lid so I could have used a mascara instead ...
th_dunno.gif

How can I avoid them?

And it does nothing to seperate my lashes, I guess I have lashes out of hell
girl_devil.gif

Latest posts