A little love/hate relationship with Green Brown.

Daligani

Hey ladies!!
th_happy1.gif
Long time no FOTD!

I post for a while, then disappear, then come back again.. yes, I know I do this often lol yep, I suck.
lol.gif

Soooo, here ya go..

100_5138.jpg

100_5139.jpg

100_5140.jpg

100_5092.jpg

And the FOTD

100_5135.jpg

I used
Face
L'Oreal Bare Naturale mineral foundation in Soft Ivory
CG concealer stick
BE Warmth

Eyes
MAC Espresso on brows
UDPP
MAC Green Brown pig
Fyrinnae Haunted
L'Oreal HIP duo in Saucy - the dark brown side only
NYX White Pearl
L'Oreal HIP cream liner in black
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in Blackest Black

Lips
L'Oreal Endless in Timeless Tawny (870)

QUESTION TIME! - I hope this is ok to do here.. if not, edit it and I'll post it somewhere else
yes.gif

When I use MAC Green Brown and also HIP Intrepid (the blue brown-ish one), I get what appears to be bare spots.. See the 1st pic up there.. near the center of my lid, it looks bare-ish there, right? This happens EVERY TIME I use Green Brown or Intrepid. It'll look like I've wiped color off or that it just doesn't stick in spots and all that is left is the brown. I always use UDPP, but I'm wondering if I just need to use a different base? Am I overblending? I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or what's up..

I really do adore this color, but it's a real pain in my youknowwhat, therefore I hate messing with it
rants.gif

Krasevayadancer

You look lovely! Can't answer the question regarding green brown since I have never used it, but could it be the base you are using?

MACATTAK

Gorgeous! I love when you post! Also, I'd recommend using the pigment wet or damp...that may help in giving an even application
smiles.gif

QTAllStarGurl

You look Gorgeous!!! ^^ i agree using it wet or damp would probably help...or try using a shadestick, paintpot, or paint it a similar color so there bare spots don't show...but the color is really pretty on you

Daligani

Thanks, ladies
greengrin.gif
and I really appreciate the advice! I'll try using it a bit damp and see if that helps..

gigglegirl

Oh wow I <3 this. And I honestly wouldn't have noticed the green brown wiping off kinda on your lid if you'd not said a thing. Could be mad blending skills but probably like others said, the base? Have you tried concentrating on that area (if it seems to only be that one) when putting on the base?

Killer awesome, makes me want to crack out my green brown sample!

Do you have blue brown pigment? Do you like it?

Latest posts