A Muse e/s duo's have similar colors?

xtinemelanie

I'm so torn about the Muse e/s duo's!! I don't want to get them if I have similar colors. Also I'm not really sure if I'm going to like the texture. LOL... but I am SURE of the MSF's.. shooting star and maybe a backup of shimpagne. maybe i should get a backup of shooting star. I love 'em!

morgasm

the shadows seem frivelous to me, like they're just something to have rather than purchase for how great they are. the texture seems strange.

scrapbookromance

I definately think that there are colors similar. maybe not exact, maybe they have a different texture, but just the principle of the color - yeah there's similar.

I only own 23 e/s and 4 pigments, which is by far less than some other collections on here, and I can honestly say I have a color very very similar to each of the 10 colors in the duos. so close in color that to me they're not worth buying.

Interview - Sushi Flower
Purple X - Nocturnelle
Bright Side - Gingersoft
Gallery Gal - Humid
Persona - (I don't have anything white)
Screen Vinyl - Greystone, maybe Carbon?
Heat - Amber Lights
Element - Coppering
Illusionary - Nylon
Burning Ambition - Embark

I saw someone post they were going to bring in to the store some of their stuff to swatch against the new stuff, so if I have time before I go tomorrow maybe I'll swatch all those that I have and swatch the duos in the store for comparison. or I'll wait to see swatches here.

MACmermaid

i agree; i feel like i already own colors extremely similar to those from this collection. i think the appeal of them is more the novelty...i am really trying to restrain myself on this collection b/c i like what i see coming up even better! i do really think that the looks created by the colors in this collection could be duplicated with permanent colors (my rationalization for not buying any)
smiles.gif

as for the MSFs, that's another story b/c i am all over shooting star!

Shimmer

I'll likely get heat element, just for shits and giggles, but I really couldn't care less about the other shadows...
Now, the msfs?
MINE bish!
greengrin.gif

OnaFyre

The brown one, burning ambition, is the brown I've been looking for forever. I just wish there was something similar without any shimmer. MAC browns are all too light (Kid) or too dark (Embark) for use as a crease color for me. The other colors are all very similar to existing shadows though... but I'll probably still get a few of them. Well I already ordered some, but I'll pick more up from the counter tomorrow. Never hurts to have a backup, right? ::cough cough:: mac addict ::cough cough::

xtinemelanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance
I definately think that there are colors similar. maybe not exact, maybe they have a different texture, but just the principle of the color - yeah there's similar.

I only own 23 e/s and 4 pigments, which is by far less than some other collections on here, and I can honestly say I have a color very very similar to each of the 10 colors in the duos. so close in color that to me they're not worth buying.

Interview - Sushi Flower
Purple X - Nocturnelle
Bright Side - Gingersoft
Gallery Gal - Humid
Persona - (I don't have anything white)
Screen Vinyl - Greystone, maybe Carbon?
Heat - Amber Lights
Element - Coppering
Illusionary - Nylon
Burning Ambition - Embark

I saw someone post they were going to bring in to the store some of their stuff to swatch against the new stuff, so if I have time before I go tomorrow maybe I'll swatch all those that I have and swatch the duos in the store for comparison. or I'll wait to see swatches here.

This 'similar color' guide was extremely helpful. Thankfully I have all those colors. lol!

The only one that *really* caught my eye was illusionary/burning ambition since the 'gold' appealed to me.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
I'll likely get heat element, just for shits and giggles, but I really couldn't care less about the other shadows...
Now, the msfs?
MINE bish!
greengrin.gif

lmao.gif
Your "shits and giggles" didn't make me sh*t but definitely made me giggle!
rofl.gif

asnbrb

I'll probably just get illusionary/burning ambition for the hell of it, but honestly- I have the original mineralized eyeshadows and I use them... oh, maybe once every three or four months. I think because it's separate from everything else.

Lauren

When I went to MAC this afternoon, the MA used Fix+ on Illusionary (Illusionary/Burning Ambition Duo) and swiped on her hand and it looked pretty damn similar to Gold Dusk!

EmbalmerBabe

I was not going to purchase any of the eyeshadow duo's from A Muse.
I wound up getting Gallery Gal (the green/champagne type color).
I don't think I have any similiar colors. The reason why I got it was because it is a really good deal, you get a ton of product for the price,
also after she tried the colors on me I was smitten. They look amazing on. You should try a few on first and decide.

I also have the original mineral shadows from Rococco was it?
The Little Madame,Whim,and Noble. I have'nt tested them to see which is a better version of the mineral formula shadow.

SMMY

eh, I caved and picked up three of them, because they are so pretty. One of those things where you may not wear them a lot, but you'll have lots of fun staring at them for hours on end.
winks.gif

ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance
Bright Side - Gingersoft
Gallery Gal - Humid

i think that gallery gal is more of an olive green, similar to sumptuous olive e/s or golden olive pigment.

BlahWah

Fortunately or unfortunately (I'm happy, my wallet isn't
sigh.gif
), I checked them out today and picked up Heat/Element. I'm hoping to go back for Bright Side/Gallery Gal. I find these duos to be softer than the regular shadows, maybe even more complex in colour... they're pigmented and bold but soft.

I love Gallery Gal because it has a khaki-olive base with beautiful reddish-gold reflects/highlights to it... I can't stop staring at my hand! I swatched Golden Olive to it and I dare to say I like G.G. better than G.O., just because it has more personality (does that make sense?). I'm not ditching G.O. though! G.O. is also brighter and more olive in its base colour, but the reflects in G.G. ...
eyelove.gif

On a side note, Interview/Purple X I find to be the most "straight forward" of the min. e/s, but they're still probably softer than their permanent line, regular e/s counterparts.

dramaqueen

I think I will have to buy heat/element thanks to this site and the FOTD, I love the effect they create!

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen
I think I will have to buy heat/element thanks to this site and the FOTD, I love the effect they create!

I was messing around with that one today. I used it wet, then loaded it dry overtop and it looked like I'd used metal leaf on my lids. Pretty impressive color payoff on these, I must say...
eyelove.gif

SMMY

I love my Heat/Element duo. I love the color and the texture of these. Someone was complaining somewhere that they were "gritty", but this is a lovely, soft set of colors and look fabulous on either wet or dry.
I'm so glad I order two more of these duos, since they are limited edition. I actually like these better than the original ones released last year. The colors are so much more wearable in these duos plus you get two colors instead of one. I hope MAC releases something similar to these again in the future.

joraye

I wanted heat element, but my MA talked me out of it because I have coppering and showed me amber lights, but I still really like the gold colour in that duo better than amber lights. I dunno, maybe I'll sneak back when shes not there and grab it.
smiles.gif

chimpy24

I swatched Purple X and Noturnelle side by side this morning at my counter bc of this post. I think Noturnelle has alot more red/pink in it than Purple X does. Purple X is a straight forward purple where Noturnelle has a magenta/red/pink undertone to it.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraye
I wanted heat element, but my MA talked me out of it because I have coppering and showed me amber lights, but I still really like the gold colour in that duo better than amber lights. I dunno, maybe I'll sneak back when shes not there and grab it.
smiles.gif

If you're going back I'd say swatch those next to the duo. I'm pretty sure the duos will look different enough from them too - and really pretty!

But if you want to save on cash, don't swatch, DON'T SWATCH!!!