A Muse e/s duo's have similar colors?

Juneplum

i adore these.. the color payoff is GREAT and when u use it wet......
icon_eek.gif
the color payoff is INCREDIBLE and gives a nice metallic look.. i love them!!! :nod:

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraye
I wanted heat element, but my MA talked me out of it because I have coppering and showed me amber lights, but I still really like the gold colour in that duo better than amber lights. I dunno, maybe I'll sneak back when shes not there and grab it.
smiles.gif

I actually swatched Element against Coppering today and they are almost identical. But I have to say that Heat is unlike any gold I have so that is what made me get the duo. I also like the way the two colors look together.

jenniferm1972

post on MUA had some color matches w/ swatches.
Gallery Gal = Sumptuous Olive
Illisionary = Gold Dusk (also a bit similiar to White Wheat)
Brightside = Gingersoft
Burning Ambition = Tempting (I'm also thinking that this shade may be close to Bronze)

asnbrb

Burning Ambition, on me, looks a lot like Bateau-- so much so that when I did my makeup yesterday and when I noticed a brow was kinda off, I used some of the Burning Ambition on it and it looked fine. When I did my eyes later with the duo and wanted it a smudge deeper, I put Bateau in and it looked better.

Raerae

i really need to stay off these forums LOL...

I just spent a ton on this set lol... and the more i read the more I want more LOL...

pugmommy7

oh...my...god...
i have illusionary and burning ambition on right now and they are gorgeous.
totally unlike others in my collection.
i used it on my fave cheapo face secrets es brush and sprayed fix+ on it first and it is amazing. super blendable as well. i have found my fall eye.
i used it with shimpagne and cubic as blush and fresh brew stripdown and factory made lg.
all dressed up and nowhere to go
lol.gif

if i find my battery i will post a fotd.
love,
jen

theraindrops

I find Coppering even prettier than the Mineral orange. But that gold is really tempting. I already have UD Baked, Half Baked, MAC Bagatelle and Woodwinked, though.

baby_love

I love these e/s's. they go on really nice and blend well.

in my opinion, some of the colors look the same as existing or other colors...

bright side/gallery gal-shimmertime and night light.

illusionary/burning ambition-gold dusk or spring up.

I don't think that Heat/Element looks like anything else.

rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance
I definately think that there are colors similar. maybe not exact, maybe they have a different texture, but just the principle of the color - yeah there's similar.

I only own 23 e/s and 4 pigments, which is by far less than some other collections on here, and I can honestly say I have a color very very similar to each of the 10 colors in the duos. so close in color that to me they're not worth buying.

Interview - Sushi Flower
Purple X - Nocturnelle
Bright Side - Gingersoft
Gallery Gal - Humid
Persona - (I don't have anything white)
Screen Vinyl - Greystone, maybe Carbon?
Heat - Amber Lights
Element - Coppering
Illusionary - Nylon
Burning Ambition - Embark

I saw someone post they were going to bring in to the store some of their stuff to swatch against the new stuff, so if I have time before I go tomorrow maybe I'll swatch all those that I have and swatch the duos in the store for comparison. or I'll wait to see swatches here.

if say, i doesnt have any of the colors that are listed above (colors that were said to be close to the Duo eyeshadow), does that justify for me to buy the duo eyeshadow from Amuse?

llucidity

I found the duos don't really wear that long (as compared to the normal e/s). They kinda faded after a couple of hours. Or will Fix+ do the trick?

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow
if say, i doesnt have any of the colors that are listed above (colors that were said to be close to the Duo eyeshadow), does that justify for me to buy the duo eyeshadow from Amuse?

You can't just look at the pan and think you already have something JUST like it....you have to swatch them and then you'll see just how different they are. There's a big difference, I've found, between using wet and dry, also. If basically what you're after is what people see after you have it all on, and they can't discern between Persona and any other white eyeshadow, then don't spend the money. But if you notice the differences in shades and textures of all MAC eyeshadows any time you try them, or you're amazed at how you totally misjudged a shade by merely looking at it, either in person or online, compared with the way it knocked you over when you actually tried it and bought it, then you need these mineral shadows. IF you can still find them...

I need a backup of Bright Side/Gallery Gal! The only one I didn't get is the purple duo.

sigwing

The look-alikes would maybe be tempting if I could even buy Gingersoft. I must have it on some LE palette somewhere I suppose, but that's what everyone is comparing Brightside to, and it's a shade I can't even go get. Now, there's a good reason right there why I get backups!
smiles.gif

sigwing

For the record, this afternoon I was playing around and I have Gingersoft in one of the holiday palettes from last year so I swatched it on my hand next to Brightside, and you're right...it's really close! BUT...I tilted my hand, not on purpose really, and noticed then the Brightside had a darker cast from that angle, so it changes and the Gingersoft didn't. I swatched them dry & don't know what happens dampened.

poppy z

I saw the e/s duo yesterday. I tested Persona/screen vinyl on my eyes with Lithograph f/l . It was very beautiful but I have something very close in my collection.
The white color : white frost or crystal avalanche
The black color: (I don't agree with carbon) knight divine + black tied (or "bleu strass" e/s from Agnès b).
The MA told me that the mineralize e/s can be use wet better than the regular e/s.
I prefer save my money for Untamed and Rockoco and especially for the Dita von Teese collection (my collection!!!!!). I think I will take all the collection! So I must keep my money.
From Amuse, I will only take Lithograph & Shimpagne MSF.
But it's a beautiful collection anyway!

mrsvandertramp

I loved the e/s duos but I couldn't afford them at the time but I manage to make Heat/Element by mixing Dazzleray with a cheap vanilla cream e/s and Mythology.