A Muse's First Sell-Out

ledonatella

So according to the MAC website, the first sold-out item (here in the US anyway) is Persona/Screen Vinyl eye duo. Not what I would have predicted at all, I figured Shooting Star would be first. What did you guys think would go first and what do you think will go next? Has anyone been to a counter and they've been out of something yet? I still vote for Shooting Star to disappear next.

nat9891

I definitely thought SS was going to sell out first...people were predicting it to sell out within hours of appearing on the site! I thought the heat/element duo would have been the first duo to go since it seems to be the most anticipated here. I'm predicting that either the illusionary/burning ambition duo will sell out next, or SS.

scrapbookromance

illusionary/burning ambition or graphic brown f/l would be my guesses, other than shooting star. PP may go quick too because its the only pink msf. hmm we'll see!

AudreyNicole

I thought for sure the MSFs would go first! At my MAC store, they didn't have Lithograph fluidline but I am not sure if it was really sold out, or if they never received the shipment.
smiles.gif

juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
So according to the MAC website, the first sold-out item (here in the US anyway) is Persona/Screen Vinyl eye duo. Not what I would have predicted at all, I figured Shooting Star would be first. What did you guys think would go first and what do you think will go next? Has anyone been to a counter and they've been out of something yet? I still vote for Shooting Star to disappear next.

iagree.gif

I thought Persona/SV eye duo would be very last one to be sold out but wow... hmmm I thought many people didn't like this one outta all the eye duos. I wanna say next will be one of the MSFs. Possibly Shooting star or Shimpagne.

SMMY

Maybe the reason Persona/SV sold out so quickly is that there was a smaller inventory of them than the other colors?

juli

Shooting Star sold out on Gloss.com!
icon_eek.gif

(but still available on MAC website...strange. I thought MAC site will sell out first compared to others that carry MAC.)

user6

i picked up the last heat/element e/s lastnight at my counter! THE LAST ONE!!! lol I didn't think that would sell out, but it did!!

ben

on the canadian site all 3 msfs are sold out and 3 of the duos too (Heat/Element, Illusionary/Burning Ambition and Persona/Screen Vinyl)

Raerae

I called my usual counter, and Porcilin Pink and Shimpaigne had already sold out on 7/21. Not sure about the Mineral Shadows.

I grabbed Persona/SV partly because it was SO on MAC's website =P And also because I didn't have a white ES, and wanted a better black (Been using milani) and i really like the metallic look in these VS the flat black i had b4.

I'm VERY tempted to go back... I HATE LE stuff, makes me really wanna spend money when I shouldn't to be sure I get what I want LOL.

ExquisiteImages

I thought Shooting Star and Shimpagne MSFs were going to be sold out on the MAC website too. They're both sold out on gloss.com already. I still think those 2 MSF will be the next ones to be sold out.

pugmommy7

as of yesterday when I got mine,my fs store only had 2 porc pink's left.
th_dunno.gif

and I must say heat element is GORGEOUS. i never thought I would want it but I am so glad I got it!
I thought I would want the purple x one and the black and white one,but ended up getting the burning illusion one and heat.
the champagne color in the green one is awesome, but I am not into the green that much....although if i go back for anything it will be that and new weed fl.
the shooting star msf was way to dark for me, just looked muddy. the sa was really pushing it on me.
and that kind of pisses me off since i am a really good customer(ie i buy a lot and often)
(of course if one of "my girls" is there i wait for them
smiles.gif

do they make commission? I sure hope so.

shriekingviolet

Illusionary/Burning Ambition just sold out today at my counter (I got the last one in fact!) so I think it'll sell out soon too.

BlahWah

The counter nearest to me sold out of Shimpage on the first day - I know cuz I bought the last one! And another counter I went by today has already sold of out Porcelain Pink and possibly Coral Grade. Craziness! I've seen collections go, but...yikes!

AudreyNicole

15 minutes is gone on the website too! I sure hope I can get back there this week and still be able to get Shooting Star, Blonde on Blonde and Charm Factor!

ledonatella

Shooting Star is gone now too!!! I might have to go back and get Blonde on Blonde and Illusionary/Burning Ambition.

KeshieShimmer

one MAC counter still had some lure stuff, I was tempted to buy the fluidlines. But they had sold out of the brown/gold, black/white, and the green/gold.