Aaaaahhhh I'm moving to TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!

thelove4tequila

San Antonio to be exact!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
I'm soooooo excited! Honestly I'm just SICK of living in Europe and I'm ready to live in the US again after 3 years. If anyone has been or is currently in the military, you know what I mean when I say, "There is no place like home". (Although California is where my heart belongs. lol *SoCal pride*)I'm so so soooo excited. I just had to share with you all!

Of course I had to check if there were any MAC stores in San Antonio but it looks like the only Pro is in Dallas. Anyone know if there are any freestanding stores near by?

PLEASE share any info with me about anything. The shops, restaurants, night life, etc.
thmbup.gif

Omg I cannot wait to shop at Wal-Mart and Target again. I will actually be able to afford to shop off base unlike here with the super crazy expensive Euro exchange rate.

Yaaaaay! I'm going to be a Texan. Haha. Its a huge deal for me just like I said, I'm MORE THAN READY to leave Belgium behind.

Soooo any Texas girls here?

Shimmer

There's a CCO in San Marcos.
You're going to love San Antonio. It's beautiful. It's laid out like a plate of spaghetti, but still. Amazing gorgeous city.
And you'll have to hit the Dallas Pro store at least once. AND you're close to Janice in SA, btw.
winks.gif

bellaconnie80

Yay
th_DANCE.gif
I'm a Texan!!! I'm in Austin but seriously my fiance and I love going to San Antonio for the SHOPPING, and basketball games
yes.gif
Your gonna LOVE it
choochoo.gif
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Janice

There's a great FS store in Northstar? Mall, outlet shopping in San Marcos and great food! SA will be a good home away from home while you're here.
greengrin.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
There's a CCO in San Marcos.
You're going to love San Antonio. It's beautiful. It's laid out like a plate of spaghetti, but still. Amazing gorgeous city.
And you'll have to hit the Dallas Pro store at least once. AND you're close to Janice in SA, btw.
winks.gif

I wonder how far the drive is from San Antonio to Dallas? I'm also gonna have to look up where San Marcos is. I had no idea Janice in is SA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaconnie80
Yay
th_DANCE.gif
I'm a Texan!!! I'm in Austin but seriously my fiance and I love going to San Antonio for the SHOPPING, and basketball games
yes.gif
Your gonna LOVE it
choochoo.gif
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Yay! Yeah it looks like there is a lot of shopping to be had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
How exciting!! I love Texas
smiles.gif

thmbup.gif

concertina

Yay for Texas. Be prepared for the HEAT!!
smiles.gif

Janice and I are up in Austin, Hilly and rbella and few more are in Houston, Shimmer in Dallas...time for another meet up!
winks.gif

San Antonio has a pretty big industrial music scene, but its all about knowing someone to find out about the shows. Shopping is decent, and I can point you towards restaurants, activities, etc if you tell me what you like. My family is in SA and my father in law has lived there since 01, so I'm very familiar with the area.

rimberry

Yea there is a FS store inside NorthStar Mall and I believe there is also going
to be one located in The Shops at La Cantera if there isn't one already there.

esmeralda89

yay for you
smiles.gif
welcome to texas you'll love it exept it is too hot! umm can some one tell me if the north star mall is the one on the river walk?

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
^^^Is the Riverwalk still nice, Concertina? I used to love it there.

It is...sorta. Its always *SO* crowded with tourists and drunk airmen that nearly every time I've been there, someone has fallen in. Ew. If you hit it right (randomly), its not so bad. Yay for $10, 22 oz margaritas!
winks.gif

stronqerx

congrats ! i've always been so curious as to see what texas is like...such a big mystery for a NY grl like me. I need to move outta NY wayyyyy too expensive...hmm perhaps texas? maybe ill go with you ! lol

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
Yay for Texas. Be prepared for the HEAT!!
smiles.gif

Janice and I are up in Austin, Hilly and rbella and few more are in Houston, Shimmer in Dallas...time for another meet up!
winks.gif

San Antonio has a pretty big industrial music scene, but its all about knowing someone to find out about the shows. Shopping is decent, and I can point you towards restaurants, activities, etc if you tell me what you like. My family is in SA and my father in law has lived there since 01, so I'm very familiar with the area.

Wow there are a lot of girls in Texas it seems. I'd so be down for a meet up in the future. I think right now I'm mostly interested in the SHOPPING. I'm gonna do some damage when I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Yay!!!!!!!!! I'm in Houston!!!!!!!!!! You will have to come for a visit!!!!!!!!!!

thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeralda89
yay for you
smiles.gif
welcome to texas you'll love it exept it is too hot! umm can some one tell me if the north star mall is the one on the river walk?

Oh man that is the one thing I'm not looking forward to, the heat. I'm sooooo not used to it anymore. Hopefully my body adjusts well because I'm from So. California and I lived in Louisiana for awhile. Hot, hot, hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
congrats ! i've always been so curious as to see what texas is like...such a big mystery for a NY grl like me. I need to move outta NY wayyyyy too expensive...hmm perhaps texas? maybe ill go with you ! lol

Thanks. I've always wanted to know what NY is like. Especially the big city. I WILL go to New York one day!

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Wow there are a lot of girls in Texas it seems. I'd so be down for a meet up in the future. I think right now I'm mostly interested in the SHOPPING. I'm gonna do some damage when I get there.

lol, after coming from Europe, I don't blame you!!

San Antonio has its fair share of places to shop. Northstar Mall is the 'nice' mall in the area, with the freestanding MAC, a Sephora, specialty stores like Coach and BCBGMAXAZRIA. It has a spa, a few nail salons, a Starbucks, an Apple store, Build-a-Bear, etc. Its the older upscale mall.

A new shopping complex called The Rim at La Cantera opened on west I10, near Fiesta Texas, opened three years ago or so and has your pretty standard stores, as well. But they are opening new ones all the time. There's also the The Shops at La Cantera, which has a Macy's, a Neiman-Marcus, a Nordstrom, a Tiffany & Co, Anthropologie, etc. It has become *the* place to shop in SA.

Downtown on the riverwalk is the Rivercenter Mall. Its a pretty standard mall and teeming with tourists. I don't recommend it.

You're also close to San Marcos and the Premium and Tanger outlets there; and they have just too many stores to list.
Prime Outlets :: The Power of Passionate Shopping
Tanger Outlets Centers

You'll also be close-ish to Houston which has pretty fantastic shopping and Austin, with our multitude of small, locally owned, high-end clothing boutiques: Blue Elephant, by George, etc.

If you want more specifics, let me know.
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
lol, after coming from Europe, I don't blame you!!

San Antonio has its fair share of places to shop. Northstar Mall is the 'nice' mall in the area, with the freestanding MAC, a Sephora, specialty stores like Coach and BCBGMAXAZRIA. It has a spa, a few nail salons, a Starbucks, an Apple store, Build-a-Bear, etc. Its the older upscale mall.

A new shopping complex called The Rim at La Cantera opened on west I10, near Fiesta Texas, opened three years ago or so and has your pretty standard stores, as well. But they are opening new ones all the time. There's also the The Shops at La Cantera, which has a Macy's, a Neiman-Marcus, a Nordstrom, a Tiffany & Co, Anthropologie, etc. It has become *the* place to shop in SA.

Downtown on the riverwalk is the Rivercenter Mall. Its a pretty standard mall and teeming with tourists. I don't recommend it.

You're also close to San Marcos and the Premium and Tanger outlets there; and they have just too many stores to list.
Prime Outlets :: The Power of Passionate Shopping
Tanger Outlets Centers

You'll also be close-ish to Houston which has pretty fantastic shopping and Austin, with our multitude of small, locally owned, high-end clothing boutiques: Blue Elephant, by George, etc.

If you want more specifics, let me know.
smiles.gif

That was very helpful! Thank you so much! Do you know how big the Sephora is?

I'm excited!

nelyanaphonexia

Yay! I'm a Native Texan Girlie here. I have lived in Corpus Christi/Padre Island, Lubbock/Amarillo and commute to DFW all the time. (originally from Padre Island - on the beach baby!!) You are SOOOOOoooooo lucky! I wish I had a CCO near me! I have been meaning to go down and visit the CCO either in Austin or San Marcos, but I live EIGHT hours away right now.
ssad.gif

Welcome to the Lone Star State! We are glad to have you!
greengrin.gif
Oh, but really, right now it's raining like all-hell here, and I have friends in SA, so, bring some rain boots and an umbrella, be ready for the humid heat and hope for a nice mild fall.
greengrin.gif

Oh, and if any of y'all wanna meet up sometime to MAC Shop, Lemme know! I'm always all over the state and I travel a lot.
greengrin.gif

Wanna know what else is wierd? My husband-to-be (in Dec!) and I might be moving to London in January. It's like...an international trade off. You get to come back and I get to leave. :p

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelyanaphonexia
Yay! I'm a Native Texan Girlie here. I have lived in Corpus Christi/Padre Island, Lubbock/Amarillo and commute to DFW all the time. (originally from Padre Island - on the beach baby!!) You are SOOOOOoooooo lucky! I wish I had a CCO near me! I have been meaning to go down and visit the CCO either in Austin or San Marcos, but I live EIGHT hours away right now.
ssad.gif

Welcome to the Lone Star State! We are glad to have you!
greengrin.gif
Oh, but really, right now it's raining like all-hell here, and I have friends in SA, so, bring some rain boots and an umbrella, be ready for the humid heat and hope for a nice mild fall.
greengrin.gif

Oh, and if any of y'all wanna meet up sometime to MAC Shop, Lemme know! I'm always all over the state and I travel a lot.
greengrin.gif

Wanna know what else is wierd? My husband-to-be (in Dec!) and I might be moving to London in January. It's like...an international trade off. You get to come back and I get to leave. :p

Thank you so much! Aww all you Texas girls are so sweet. I keep reading about San Marcos so I will have to look that up.

Haha an international trade off. Nice. If it does happen you will LOVE London but you will HATE the exchange rate.

Latest posts