About Face (theshespace)

wolfsong

I made a post about this, but it was deleted (i dont know why, and am quite curious about it - its not in my thread history so i dont think it was moved
ssad.gif
):

http://theshespace.com/home.html

Has anyone had any experience with this company? Ive ordered a big selection of pigments, face powders and blushes but they havent arrived yet (shipped within days, but it takes 7+ days to come from USA). I'd like to hear reviews if anyone has purchased from them?

Very cheap shipping, cheap samples, and a great choice of colours IMO.

alien21xx

I'm curious about this as well. I emailed them before ordering as I'm afraid of long turnaround times to complete orders (I will never order from fyrinnae again! Totally ruined my excitement for the order!)

I checked some and it looks like the owner of About Face was also the owner of the former Twisted Fayte Cosmetics. There's a thread about it here.

I really hope it'll be faster than what the reviewers of Twisted Fayte say because with the exception of Fyrinnae, almost all other mineral make-up stores I've ordered from shipped in a week or less.
oh.gif

wolfsong

Processing time will be a matter of a day or two i think. She shipped my huge order in that time when she was dealing with what was ordered over christmas when theshespace was closed.
Customer service is very important to her, and orders will be with you as fast as Pure Luxes (which is a good thing!)

When i have the time this week (if possible), im going to post up natural lighting swatches (dry and over PL primer) of all of my About Face samples, as well as review some in the reviews section of specktra.
Im going to also do swatches of all of my PL samples (except for non coloured face powders obviously!) probably at some point this week, with shade/brand comparisons and hopefully some Fyrinnae swatches too.

Just a comment about the blushes:
If you order a sample, make sure to change the other sample box because when it goes through to the order page, they are both added (but you only pay for one). She sent these all out to me, so im assuming she does that with everyone.

Edit:
Received a post back as to whether she will have any mattes in her new collection, and new editions to her blushes:

"Thanks so much for the post! I actually do have some pretty vivid new shades coming. I won't be doing a matte collection simply because sometimes the pigments lose their vibrancy when they are layered with certain matte ingredients. However, I do have some very exciting new pearlized/satin finish "rainbow brite' colors coming soon! They are very bold and some of them have a really cool iridescent 'glaze' to them that is FABULOUS when you apply them with a damp brush! Coming sooon!!!!!!
Oh....and I so GLAD to hear that you like the blush! I sell a ton of these but I don't get much feedback, so it is great to hear that you like them! I do have new colors that will be out soon! If you have a specific shade in mind, please feel free to share any "dream colors" with me!
Thank you so much for the post!!!
xo
heather"

She's so lovely
smiles.gif

alien21xx

I ordered from her just last night! The quads of pigments she prepared look lovely so I'm getting those! Have you tried out the lip junks? I'm so curious because this will be my first order of mineral lipgloss that isn't the liquid type. I'm excited to get the package already!

Hope you can post those swatches soon as they'll really help with my decision to order from Heather again. Thanks!

wolfsong

Im either going to post them Friday or at the weekend.
Ive heard good things about the lip junk since they were reformulated (to add a choc mint smell instead of the waxy one they had). Ive heard they are sheer and very moisturizing like a balm - and the clear one is a great non sticky gloss apparently.
The face powders (the coloured ones at the top of the 'face page') are amazing - i highly recommend getting a few samples if you like that kind of thing, along with the blushes (they go on so smooth).

The shades in the quad loose powders deals are in the regular section, so i would personally get samples before purchasing full size as the swatches are not that true (i blame this on the finish of them - and you cant tell how beautiful they look on skin when they are in their pots).

deathcabber

I bought 28 samples on Monday and they should be here tomorrow!!!! So far the CS has been great. I will try to do some swatches over the weekend if anyone is interested
smiles.gif

alien21xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
The shades in the quad loose powders deals are in the regular section, so i would personally get samples before purchasing full size as the swatches are not that true (i blame this on the finish of them - and you cant tell how beautiful they look on skin when they are in their pots).

I've already made my order for the full-sized pots.
oh.gif
I guess I have no patience for the samples. LOL. I do hope that I'll at least get some of the colors right. I did this too with Lumiere Cosmetics (I ordered the holiday set in full size) and got only 1 bad shadow out of the 3. Generally, I find that dark green mineral shadows look muddy.

The quad I ordered (quad 4) looks like it has some pretty good browns and beiges, and I generally think that those types of neutrals can never go wrong. *cross fingers* I really hope it'll be great!

wolfsong

Lol! I dont have any samples from that quad, but they are so versatile, im sure you'll love them!

If you use them foiled/wet or over a wet primer they are much closer to the swatches, but when dry they are quite a bit different (some are more shimmery, look a bit less/lighter pigmented - probably due to the finish as there is no pigment problem with other methods).

Of all mine ive been playing with none have turned muddy/matte no matter how i apply. They keep their colour and finish - though some apply more pearly when wet.
The Diamond Dusts are wonderful because they hold the shimmer in place - ive blown hard on a swatch on my arm and it didnt loose sparkles. Im sure they would still be very sparkly (like very fine safe glitter) when foiled for eyeliner.
I cant wait to see her new collection - semi mattes and pearly finishes would be lovely.

Good luck with your order!

Edit: I just realised how obsessed i sound about this company! Im a happy bunny, thats all
winks.gif

alien21xx

I'm curious about the Diamond Dusts too! Once you've tried them on your eyes, can you let me know if you ever experience any sparkle fallout, either when you use it foiled, or use it with a fixative (like those liner fixatives from MAD Minerals or Pure Luxe)? Currently, my only powder liners are from Alima, and though they're good for maybe 3 hours with a fixative, I still find that I get some fallout after that.

I'm eager to try this one because the price is so much more enticing (Alima's prices aren't bad, but the shipping kills me).

And LOL don't worry about sounding obsessed! I think good mineral make-up at great prices can really do that to a lady.
winks.gif

deathcabber

Ok, here is my first order....I have 28 more coming soon b/c I already ordered more!!! These are really nice! Overall, more silky than a lot of Fyrinnae colors but not quite as unique. I really love that you can get so many samples for so little money and this shipping is super cheap. I recommend!

stuff233.jpg

stuff234.jpg

stuff227.jpg

stuff228.jpg

stuff220.jpg

stuff224.jpg

stuff237.jpg

stuff236.jpg

stuff238.jpg

stuff240.jpg

stuff213.jpg

stuff214.jpg

EOTD using SheSpace colors

stuff218.jpg

stuff219.jpg

stuff212.jpg

and another kind of sloppy one :p

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien21xx
Have you tried out the lip junks?

I've heard good things about them, but I haven't tried them yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber
Ok, here is my first order....I have 28 more coming soon b/c I already ordered more!!! These are really nice! Overall, more silky than a lot of Fyrinnae colors but not quite as unique. I really love that you can get so many samples for so little money and this shipping is super cheap. I recommend!

Wow!! What some gorgeous colors! I've been hearing about these things, but I'm on a buying moratorium right now, so I can't order. Maybe when it's over, I'll get some samples! LOL

alien21xx

I got my About Face order today! The Lip Junks are so hardcore! I love them, especially No Morals, which looks like a sheer colored dupe for the NARS Orgasm lip gloss. So much love for it!

Heather also gave me a sampler of another Lip Junk shade, but the color is not in the website. The smell of that and the No Morals one is different though so I'm guessing this sample must be a new formulation. The color is gorgeous, the gloss isn't sticky and it smells like cocoa. Yummy!

She mixed up my quad order, though. I ordered Quad 4 but got Quad 1 instead. However, the colors are so beautiful that I'm keeping this set and just ordering Quad 4 on top of that!
greengrin.gif

wolfsong

Ive been having issues with my printer so no swatches for now (its the only place i have to plug in the camera memory thing, or at least the only place i know of - computers and me...)
ssad.gif

I will put them up ASAP, but i can say that all that ive tried on look amazing, and very pigmented with the new Pure Luxe primer (swiped over the primer when its dried = no mess. PL's Darling with TSS Hot Cha Cha is fabulous!)
About Face should have a primer up on the site soon, and knowing the brand it should be of a better quality and cheaper then PL. She gave out samples with some orders a while ago (consumer testing i guess) and ive heard great things about it.

Heather (TSS) has an LE pigment collection up at the mo, which are more velvety/satin - looks good from the photos online so will be making an order tomorrow! You can see/read suggested looks from this collection on her blog (link on the she space website) along with what i assume was inspiration (catwalk fashion etc)
smiles.gif

PS: The swatches on this thread look lovely - beautiful eyes!

alien21xx

I'm ordering the Velvet Ladies collection too.
greengrin.gif

I just tried out Quad 1 today and was like WHOA COLOR! at the quality. It's amazing! The colors are so bright and I feel that they really look as they do in the jar (though maybe a little less sparkly) I will try to post the FOTD soon. I think the quads are a great way to color-coordinate if you're feeling lazy. I plan on getting all of them (soon as I pay off my bills! LOL)

Also, Heather addressed the mix-up of my order so quickly. I mailed her about the error and she graciously said that she will mail me quad 4 and I get to keep quad 1 because of the error. The customer service is amazing! I think I won't be buying other mineral eyeshadows from other companies for a long time until I've had her entire collection.
greengrin.gif

To wolfsong: I'm excited about the primer! I hope it'll be out soon and I'll definitely order that too, as PL was still somewhat creasing on me. Thanks for the heads up!

entipy

GAH! I'm dying to try some of this stuff, but I haven't even gone to the website yet because I don't want to see something I want. LMAO. My moratorium ends on Feb. 12th, though. Maybe after that. Hehehehehe.

(As if I need new eye shadow. SIGH.)

alien21xx

Just wanted to share the one EOTD I had the time to snap a picture of using TSS. This EOTD just uses the Quad 1 colors (Cynical Fairy, Simmer Down Now, Rocked By Love, Patent Leather Baby) on a Pure Luxe Eyeshadow primer base.

I think the powders are extremely pigmented, more so than most other mineral e/s that I have tried (PL, MAD, Fyrinnae, Lumiere). The Pure Luxe primer made them even brighter IMO and very easy to blend. Haven't tried yet with other primers though.

CIMG3528.jpg

KiSmEt

Are you all talking about thier pigments, and QUAD 1 colors?? EOTD??Do you all have a newbie thread?? I'm so confused!!??

Latest posts