About Face (theshespace)

wolfsong

Im not quite sure if this is what you are asking, but heather (theshespace/About Face owner) has a series of limited edition collections for this month until they run out. The collections are Twinkle and Velvet (with another collection being added at the end of the week).
The collections can be found here:
http://theshespace.com/februarylimitededition.html

As for the 'quads' sets - they're just 4 of the regular line loose pigments (full sized) in a set so that you have eyeshadows that compliment each other and they are cheaper to buy that way. Its a great way of having/trying out a 'complete eye look' with the more neutral colours of hers if you dont want to go down the sample route. You can find these if you scroll down on this page:
Mineral Makeup, cosmetic pigments, home of About Face Cosmetics

HTH

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber

stuff213.jpg

stuff214.jpg

EOTD using SheSpace colors

What did you use for this?

alien21xx

I just wanted to ask you guys who ordered the sample baggies from Heather, how long you think these last? I'm ordering my first batch of samples as I don't really think I need so much of one pigment color.

Also, how do you use the pigments if you have them in the bags? Do you transfer them into jars or do you use them in the bags? TIA for all your help!
smiles.gif

wolfsong

If you transfer them into jars (fyi: i open them and get all the pigment in one of the bottom corners by tapping/flicking and rolling the bag, then i snip the free corner whilst the bag is still open and tip the pigment out through the hole --> so much less mess! There is a very, very thin coat of pigment on the sides that will be great for swatches so ive stick the corner up again. New printer's coming soon!) they will last longer as you will know how much you are taking out, and you wont waste pigment on the sides of your fingers/brushes etc.

They range between quite small (about 1/4 of a PL sample), to quite big (1/2 - 3/4 a PL sample) - i dont know if this is due to settling/weight/texture of the pigment? Either way you will get a number of applications out of them before they run out. Then you can either get another sample size or the full jar (full jars are the price of 4 samples, so its economical if you like the colour and use it more than you thought you would).

Personally the baggies piss me off because either i have to shake pigment out, or im too heavy handed. Also from the outside/looking in you dont have a clear idea of both colour and texture - a few of mine looked the same in baggies but different in jars.

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
What did you use for this?

Im pretty sure it was Scatterbrain, Swim with the Fishes and Make Believe and UD 24/7 Liner in Covet
smiles.gif

alien21xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Personally the baggies piss me off because either i have to shake pigment out, or im too heavy handed. Also from the outside/looking in you dont have a clear idea of both colour and texture - a few of mine looked the same in baggies but different in jars.

I don't like the baggies either. I find it so messy, which was why I hadn't ordered samples before. I got a few samples recently though I hope it'll be just ok and I don't have order new stuff at least for another two weeks.
th_dunno.gif

entipy

I finally went and looked at the site - especially the LE stuff - to get an idea of things I might want to buy next week after my moratorium ends. OMG! What gorgeous colors. LOL. Here's my list (which will have to be pared down big time because I really do NOT want baggies, even though they're almost irresistibly cheap at $.25 each! unheard of):

http://www.theshespace.com/februarylimitededition.html
Drama Queens
Picture One: Bella Diablo, Life is Art, Rant for Nothing
Picture Two: Haunted Heart, Hear Them Roar, Tricked Out
Picture Three: Indigo Moon, Mixed Impact, Poetic Mania

Mineral Makeup, cosmetic pigments, home of About Face Cosmetics
Chasing Rainbows, Moonlight Whimsy, Girl Genius, Wilted Roses, Halos and Horns (what a cool freakin' color), Pom Pom Chic, Take the Cake, Elves Rule, Make Believe, Swim with the Fishes (GASP), Acidic Reign (although this looks a lot like a Fyrinnae color I have), Eye of the Storm, Electric Lust, Far Too Fabulous, Voluntary Mayhem, Driven By Instinct, A Bit Naughty, Twisted Psychic, Necessary Morality, Passion Parade, Into the Smoke

Go Glam or Go Home!!HAHA
Hot Cha Cha, School Girl, Loose Lips, Minimal Damage, Convicted, Crushed Metal, Rock and Roll

Powdered Diamond Dust
ALL of them! LMAO
However, I particularly like Zelda's Revenge, Asylum, and Stolen Soul!

lethaldesign

I got just under 40 samples that I ordered last week on Saturday. So far, I'm in loooooove. Seriously. The pigmentation, color payoff, staying power and blendability of these mineral pigments are way above par. I am very impressed. I obviously hadn't had a chance to use all of the shades, but I've tried a couple of the LE ones as well as a couple from the regular line & the quality seems to be consistent throughout. I'll be trying out the rest & definitely placing an order with full-sized products very soon!

alien21xx

I just recently ordered again! I'm so happy with my pigments (just received another batch today, now with the correct Quad 4).
greengrin.gif
I <3 these pigments so much I've temporarily stopped buying all other make-up brands to make space for this.

For the samples I ordered, I think the sample sizing isn't consistent. I find that some of the samples I got look about as much as sample from Pure Luxe (generous portion) while some are probably only enough for one use. I transferred most of them in the 2g jars I ordered from PL and it resulted in some product wastage (leftover in the baggies etc.) But over all, I am very happy with all of my purchases from TSS.

wolfsong

Yeah i find the differences in sample sizes odd too! I wonder if she does this consciously (which pigs she has a lot of, which are more costly to make, which she knows people just buy a sample of etc)?

Has anyone bought the lip junks? What do you think of them - are they moisturising? Good colour pay off (or the clear one - much glitter?)? Are they like a chapstick or are they a thick gloss in a twist up tube (that sounds weird to me)? How long would you say they will last you with regular use?
TIA!

alien21xx

I have two Lip Junks. I bought one in No Morals and Heather gave a sample of Kissed Off (not yet in the color list). They are pretty moisturizing: I don't need to put lip balm under (normally, I have to because my lips tingle/hurt a bit when I smile if I don't use lip balm) and don't cake at all. They're great choices for those days when I'm too lazy to do a full face. They don't give a lot of color though, but the gold shimmers of the one I have is very pretty anf goes well with NARS Orgasm blush. The consistency is weird. It's not something I'd put in a twist-up stick because I find that it's too soft/runny, not as thick as MAC Lip glass or most other lip glosses. You need to use a lip brush if you don't want the stuff coating your lips like a bad lube job.

Used with a lip brush, I think this stuff will last really long. Just the sample that Heather sent me was quite a lot: it's in a pot and as big as a Body Shop lip balm, so I imagine the one in the tube that I have will last really long as well. HTH.
smiles.gif

wolfsong

Well the point of samples is to try the product out so that you know if you want the full size or not - and hers are cheap for what you get/the quality they are. If they were meant to last longer then a few applications they would be called 'small sized'
winks.gif

My new printer has arrived, so i covered my arm in pigment for swatches... Unfortunately thats where my swatching ends due to the fact im casper, my camera's crap and the pigments didnt show as anything but coloured streaks on my glowing skin (it looks like ive covered a light bulb in flesh, not good!) I couldnt get the finishes to come out whatever i tried
ssad.gif

I may try swatching onto paper and scanning it in, though this will take time as i dont know how to use the scanner...

alien21xx

I ordered something like 60 pigments in the past 3 weeks (about 5 separate orders, I believe), and asked Heather to just ship them all together at once. She shipped out last week, still waiting for them. Once I do get them, I'll make swatches so everyone can go buy her gorgeous limited edition shades.
smiles.gif

Obreathemykiss

OOOH I can't wait for more swatches. I just spent $30 on samples. I'm hoping to not fall in love because I'll go crazy for the full size guys.

wolfsong

Heather of About Face/theshespace fame, is bringing a mixing medium for pigments/eyeshadows etc, and eyebrow mineral powders(?) very soon!

Also the eyeshadow primer should be on the way soon if ive got my thinking cap on correctly
smiles.gif

alien21xx

I bought almost all of the About Face February Limited Edition colors. There's about 90 shades that I have in total, filling my make-up box to overflowing.

The quality of this stuff is really amazing. I'm so happy I got most of them. However, there were quite a lot of near-identical shades in my collection. Many of the plum and brown shades were very similar, especially when worn. Probably one would only see the subtle differences if taken with a good camera. But looking at IRL, I see a lot of really similar shades.

What is different is the color intensity and finish:

1. The Drama Queen set provides the sharpest, most vivid colors. It's shimmery, but not full-on sparkle like the Twinkle set.
  2. I didn't like the Twinkle set very much because of too much glitter.
  3. The Velvet Ladies set is my favorite, especially for the neutral and brown shades that that set has.
  4. The Many Faces of Eve and the Smoky sets were quite ok. The color is sheer but buildable and the finish isn't chunky like MAC luster shadows but they both have a fine shimmery texture. IMO, the Smokey set looks more pearl than shimmer, but not like the Velvets.
  5. The Gumdrops are amazing: they're very pigmented and the color depth is lovely. The Lemon Head gumdrop reminds me of MAC Vanilla pigment.
Overall, I'm very happy that I bought almost all of these. The colors have character and I can try a lot of looks with outrageous colors without breaking the bank (and that's buying them all full-sized even.)

Here's a picture of the whole collection as they sit in my make-up box. There are a few stray Alima stuff in there.
smiles.gif

Photo0117.jpg

Now, I'm having trouble thinking up what colors to use when I put on my face in the morning!
greengrin.gif

Lissa

My samples arrived today - I was definitely not disappointed, they are absolutely gorgeous and the staying power is way better than other mineral lines I've tried (quite a few...). Some of these colours are stunning

SmileyfacedPen

I'm really hoping to order a bunch of the pigments this week... they all look SO gorgeous.

I was wondering though, is it possible to press these, the way MAC pigments can be pressed? I know that kind of defeats the purpose, but I'm scared of spilling stuff all over the place, and thought maybe I could press a little of each color.