Accessory Freaks.....how do you store all that stuff?

MiCHiE

I would love to see pictures for ideas, if you have them
thmbup.gif
drools.gif

I've never been one for various accessories. What keeps me from doing it is everytime I see something I like (bracelet, necklace, etc...), I don't have the faintest idea of where I'll put it when it's not in use, so that 1) it would be neatly put away and 2) I would even remember I have it.

I would imagine some of you have jewelry armoires or some sort of storage unit. Even if you don't have anything that spectacular (in your opinion), tell me anyway.

So, how do you ladies who seem to have earrings, bracelets and necklaces to match everything store them all?

carandru

I installed hooks on the inside of my closet door for my necklaces. I used silver robe hooks (the single hook) that I got from Target or some place like that. I hang the necklaces according to length and that makes it easy to see what I have and to hold it up next to what I plan on wearing to see if it matches. The necklaces do clang about whenever I move my closet door though. I personally don't mind, but if you hate sounds like that then I would suggest placing the hooks somewhere else. You could also use the stick on hooks instead of the metal ones that need to be screwed in. They work just as well and that's what I used while I was in college. The only prob w/ those is they will probably peel the paint of your wall if you try to move them.

My earrings, rings, and bracelets are on my night stand in those 3 drawer storage containers. 2 small ones for earrings and one medium one for bracelets. My earrings are separated into 5 categories: all silver, all gold, wooden & shell, plastic, and everything else. That also makes it easier to find what I'm looking for.

I would really love to get an armoire though. Still asking the hubby to get that one, lol.

Shenanigans

I use an expandable accordion rack, like this:

31FA332TK8L._SL500_AA275_.jpg

I found mine at a dollar store though, and it is 3 diamonds wide.

Korms

I got a cheap mug tree from a supermarket to hang necklaces and bracelets on. Earrings I put into a craft storage tray that has little compartments in. It fits nicely into the top drawer of my dresser. FOr scarves I just use hangers in my wardrobe, I tie them on and can get about 4 on each hanger.

makeupmadb

For rings and some bracelets I use this pink perspex hand/arm (sounds freaky but is really cute), for necklaces I use like silver metal branches joined together (it was meant for christmas decorations to be hung off
smiles.gif
) and the necklaces don't get tangled up. For more jewellery I store them in a cute box with a see-thru front. Most of my handbags are under my bed, but I have to say, some may find this silly but I use a Lulu Guiness bag to store mags and my Gucci bag to store alice bands! (I find the gucci bag too small to take out)
On my wardrobe and door I have cute racks that hold some belts, scarfs and handbags. I hope this gives you some inspiration? I should really try and take photos some times.
smiles.gif

user79

I really want to find a perfect hanging thing for earrings. But I don't really have anywhere to place it. Does anyone know where something can be ordered that can be hung up on a wall or something, thats perfect for hanging up loads of earrings or necklaces? I don't really like that container store closet thing...also they dont ship abroad...

TamiChoi

I have like two jewelry drawer thingies. They each have three drawers. For earrings, bracelets, and rings, I store them in the drawers. For necklaces, DON'T store them in the drawers lol. I had a bad experience where all of them got tangled. So... the solution... my bf bought me a jewelry box with the hanger things that spin around so I can hang them in there.
winks.gif
HTH!

ClaireAvril

some people use tiny frame hanging nails (nail in the wall in a nice design) and hang their jewellery from that.

HeavenLeiBlu

There aren't all my earrings, but this is where a lot of them rest. I'm at work and don't have a recent pic, anyway, LOL. But this is where they mostly go. I haven't figured out what to do with the few necklaces and bracelets I have. Rings go in a ring box. Stud earrings go in a drawer in the bathroom.
32znom8.jpg

kaliraksha

I buy plastic craft bags and put everything in them. They are cheap like 2-3 dollars for 100. That way I can sift through jewelry quickly without worrying about tangling it or losing pieces. I then sort all my jewelry into colors in different jewelry boxes. I have one for silver/black, one for gold/brown, and 2 for bright colors. Each jewelry box has compartments and I try to keep different items apart- necklaces, rings, earrings, etc. Basically, I have a gist of what I have and when I'm looking for "those purple earrings" I know to go to that jewelry box and in the earring compartment and even if I destructively search it's easy to put back when they're tiny plastic bags.

It's worked pretty well for me... I have over 100 pairs of earrings.. it's pretty ridiculous.

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
There aren't all my earrings, but this is where a lot of them rest. I'm at work and don't have a recent pic, anyway, LOL. But this is where they mostly go. I haven't figured out what to do with the few necklaces and bracelets I have. Rings go in a ring box. Stud earrings go in a drawer in the bathroom.
32znom8.jpg

holy crap where did you get this from!!!!?

Smokin' Jo

Heres a few pics of how i keep my jewelry but since i have so much its not as functional as I'd like...so if you have less this might be perfect!
You can find the earing jewelry holders at most Jewelry stores at the Mall or shopping centers, not sure how to describe exactly but usually places ive seen them at are owened by an Asian merchants. Did i mention they hold a bagillion earings...well actually each side has 48 holes x 4sides...dude thats 192 holes...which u can also probably double up(which is what i do), i mean put the pair in one whole. Oh and it rotate 360 and i got mine for $19.99 each which is pretty darn good!
th_sign_woot.gif
th_sign_woot.gif

As for How I store my bracelets and bangles...a bit ghetto but i use shoe boxes perferfable the skinnier kind(aka payless or sandle box) because it fits two rows of bracelets perfectly. I also use the lids which i face upward and place on to put my rings, stuff i dont feel like putting up yet or misc stuff. I also use sandwich bags to put my necklaces in for two reasons 1. to protect them from discoloration(as you would get from hanging them out) 2. i can seperate by color so i can rummige thru them faster.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I really want to find a perfect hanging thing for earrings. But I don't really have anywhere to place it. Does anyone know where something can be ordered that can be hung up on a wall or something, thats perfect for hanging up loads of earrings or necklaces? I don't really like that container store closet thing...also they dont ship abroad...

Peg boards are awesome... if you can find them. Usually craft stores carry them or even hardware stores but I've found that they do away with them after the kids are in school. They have all kinds of different hooks and even trays you can insert for small storage. To protect my jewerly I bought heat shrink and capped the ends, then shrank them by using my blow dryer. If you aren't familliar with heat shrink go into a hardware store and ask, bring the hooks you wish to fit also.

You are going to need a spacer for the screws to distance it from the wall a little.

Latest posts