aegean vs. parrot

perpetuallycute

had heard that the shadow Aegean by Cargo was very similar to Parrot. Ha - I actually bought Aegean just because of that, even though I had purchased a parrot (yay!) so I could compare. I know that a lot of people love the colour - but aren't willing to shell out the cash for it.

So now, I don't think you have to...
parrotaegean0056va.jpg

parrotaegean0104ik.jpg

parrotaegean0118vy.jpg

EDIT: I hear from the chicks at livejournal.com that the following are similar:
Prescriptives - Marine
Cover Girl - Aqua Paradise

If anyone has pictures of either, I would love to add them to this post!

thanks!
mia
Note that the parrot has been a little more loved than the cargo, thus altering its appearance in contrast to aegean.

I think they are pretty darned similar. Parrot is a tad bit frostier and fades more on the blue side rather than aegean (which tends to fade more on the green side)

Anyway, I hope this helps the parrot hungry
greengrin.gif

mia

Endit

THAT'S AMAZING!!! Either MAC ripped them off, or Cargo is just doing what MAC should've done all along (make LE items permanent). I love it, I love it!

iiifugaziii

woah!! sweet! they're pretty much the same! FINALLY we found a near-copy
smiles.gif
I have parrot, but I use it frequently so I'll know what to get when I run out. wow the cargo e/s is so much bigger than the mac one.

fabulouscazza

Where can I get the Cargo e/s? I am from Melbourne Australia...... I love Parrot, and would adore having something similar (or, even exactly the same in this case!)
Help!!

Juneplum

THANKS FOR THE PICS MIA! i had heard this also but never saw them compared side by side.. it's darned good!

perpetuallycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulouscazza
Where can I get the Cargo e/s? I am from Melbourne Australia...... I love Parrot, and would adore having something similar (or, even exactly the same in this case!)
Help!!

I got mine from sephora...
Are there any sephoras in Austrailia?

worse to worse some one can cp one for you...do you have paypal?

MACreation

I can see it now........the sephora site crashing cuz of everyone trying to order Cargo agean.....lol.......DAMN this is GORGEOUS!

Beauty Marked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulouscazza
Help!!

Adore Beauty
www.adorebeauty.com.au
angelic.gif

Beauty Marked!

Well that worked well. Not!

Thanks for that. You are the bestest. Sorry to have had a hissy fit. Would you PM me with how to do it properly? Thanks heaps!
thmbup.gif

rjulie510

Parrot lookalikes

I just want to add that Shu Uemura blue ME 638, BE azure, Smashbox smashing digital, L'Oreal on the loose in diva down, Lise Watier#943 and Bloom Lagoon are also similar. I own Smashbox smashing digital, and when applied, it's nearly identical to Parrot. L'Oreal diva down OTL is a bit darker than Parrot.

Carolineswing2 at MUA has comparison pictures of Parrot lookalikes:
http://www.makeupalley.com/account/g...s.asp?id=98534

HTH

Bettycakes

This has probably been posted before, but since I'm new here and haven't found it I'll share the recipe:

Sea Me shadestick + Tilt e/s = Parrot

HTH

Love,
Bettycakes

perpetuallycute

Re: Parrot lookalikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjulie510
I just want to add that Shu Uemura blue ME 638, BE azure, Smashbox smashing digital, L'Oreal on the loose in diva down, Lise Watier#943 and Bloom Lagoon are also similar. I own Smashbox smashing digital, and when applied, it's nearly identical to Parrot. L'Oreal diva down OTL is a bit darker than Parrot.

Carolineswing2 at MUA has comparison pictures of Parrot lookalikes:
http://www.makeupalley.com/account/g...s.asp?id=98534

HTH

oh awesome! thanks for sharing
greengrin.gif

I'll have to check out the shu - I LOVE shu umeura shadows!

Latest posts