Age - Do you look yours

Jot

Just thinking about the difference between how old we are and how old we look.
Do you look your age or do you look younger/older. Do you think this is a good thing or bad thing?

I think I possibly look younger than my age and whilst I might appreciate this more in later life if it keeps up, at the moment I’d quite like to look my actual age.

Any thoughts/feeling on this topic?

anjdes

Most people assume I'm younger. I'm of course supposed to take it as a compliment, it seems looking old is not such a good thing :-( I disagree though. I would like to look my age at whatever age I am.

wolfsong

I look very childlike, and probably will for a long time to come (im 20). I personally love how people age there are many people that get more beautiful the older they get. I think when people dont its due partly because they might have let their selves go/have had a lot to deal with in life, but mostly they have lost their spark or childlike quality. If someone is young at heart they just beam youth - regardless of whether they qualify for a OAP bus pass.

Shimmer

In some ways I do. In other ways, I don't think I look like most of my peers. I guess it's actually depending on the day and what I'm wearing
lol.gif

I will say that I regularly get told I don't look old enough to have kids...particularly kids as old as mine are.
greengrin.gif

nunu

i think i look my age, but most people think i look younger than my age (21). However, because im at university people will assume i'm between 20-22. It's good to look your age
smiles.gif

sookiepyo

i would like to look my age. i really look like a kid w/o any makeup on. so many people tell me i look like i'm 17/18 but i'm 27!

thestarsfall

I don't know....it really depends on what I am wearing and who I am with. I was mistaken for being a lot older when I was a lot younger than I was because I was with my sister, and she looks really young so I think they assumed she was my daughter.

However, I rarely get IDed anymore which means then I look over 25, when I am actually 21...but then sometimes I get looked at strangely and then IDed...haha..

My sister however, definitely doesn't look her age...she looks 12 or 13 and is actually 17, almost 18. It's especially funny because her boyfriend, when dressed right, looks at least 30, when really he is also 18. They get odd looks when going out.

In general though I think my family looks younger than their age. My parents are in their 50s and don't look it other than the greys.

Simply Elegant

I look a lot younger. I have a really innocent doll-like look because I have big eyes so people always assume 15 or 16 when I'm actually 20.

leslie

People assume I'm a teenager. Once some guy saw some notebooks in my car and was like, so you're still in high school. I'm like, uhh, no, I graduated college already and have like 3 kids. And he was like, oh, I thought you were like 16 or 17. And the weird thing is, is that I had on my makeup and everything because we were baptising my baby that day. But yeah, that wasn't the first time that happened. Up until a year ago they were still carding me when I had to go buy beer. I guess in a way it's cool to look younger.

knoxydoll

I've been told both. I really depends on what I'm wearing, what make up I'm wearing and the age of the people telling me how old I look. Like on my trip to Syracuse this year, the older (75+) ladies and gents thought I was 15/16, while most other people thought I was 25+. Oh well I didn't get carded at any of the bars we went to. People are just really bad at guessing I guess

Kimberleigh

I'm 29, and I'm lucky if I look 20. I was earning a second bachelor's degree a couple years ago, and if I would mention being married I would get the "How old ARE you?" When I would tell them 27 most of them would flip out!

Before I got pregnant, I routinely was ID'd everywhere. I couldn't even get in the door of the liquor store down the street from my house without getting stopped in the doorway.

It used to irritate the hell out of me between 21-25, but now I think it's awesome.

ArelysAdriana

Up until recently people always told me that I looked older then I really am, but since my 21st birthday last month I have gotten carded for 3 R-rated movies.

I definitely think looking your age is a good thing. One thing I hate is young girls who try to look much older then they are. I know my little 11-year-old sister does it and I try to explain to her that she is more beautiful when she actually looks like she is 11, rather then when she is trying to look older.

I love what wolfsong said too, a lot of women do just get more beautiful as they age.

MiCHiE

I think I look waaayy younger than many other ladies my age. People rarely think I'm as old as I am. But, there's also an air about me that doesn't say 31.

xbrookecorex

I'm 21, and I look 16. I'm annoyed with it now, but I guess I'll appreciate it if it's still the case when I'm 30.

It's just really insulting getting carded for rated-R movies, and having parents of the preschoolers I teach asking 'what colleges I'm applying to' and Im like uhhhh try graduate schools.

Jot

The id thing makes me laugh - i kept getting asked for id in the supermarket when i'd done a shop for food - it amused me to think which under 18 would by nice wine, champagne and a rack of lamb! and pay with two different accounts.

Shimmer

Enjoy it y'all.
smiles.gif
At my kids' middle school, I've been mistaken for a student by the teachers...as they're apologizing effusively I'm just saying "NO NO!! Don't worry! It wasn't an insult!!!"

Moms my age in this area kind of dress rather dowdy. :/

Hilly

Work wise- people assume I am older because I have a lot of responsiblities and run my own office. At first I got annoyed, but I appreciate that people think I am older.
When people see me at first, they ignore me because they think I am too young to know what I am doing. It is such agism!

Personal life- I think I look my age. What do yall think? I am 24.
I see wrinkles already and it makes me sad.

When I wear white eyeliner and light shadow, I look a LOT younger lol.

as_cute_as_pie

im 18 im about 16 in the pic <
im not entirely sure i think i look around 18 but i know people who have met me and have went :O you're only 18 god i thought u were loads older...
then one v funny occasion a huge group of us from high school went out to bars etc with all kinda costumes on
i had ID and wasn't allowed in with a few others (some were 18 with ID and some were 17 with ID hoping the people wouldn't notice) though they let my friend who looks very very young and is extremely small (im 5'9 and was wearing heels and shes about 4'11 wearing flats) with her sisters ID which meant she would be 22
i thought it was both stupid and funny because why would a 22 yr old be hanging round with a bunch of school people who were supposedly '17' on a leaving school day/night out
lol

lipshock

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE (actually I would even give a kidney) to look my age. I am 21, about to turn 22 in December and I still have people tell me that I look like I am 16/17/18. It makes me feel so horrible. And being of a tiny stature (5'2" and 98lbs-100lbs) doesn't help the situation any. But, there's nothing I can do about it. I've come to grips with it.

I think of it like this: when I am 40 years old, and I still haven't "grown" into my age, maybe I'll look like I'm 20 years old or something.
greengrin.gif

meiming

I don't look my age either. It's really troublesome to me because of my profession. Sadly I have to think of ways to "age" myself so more people will take me seriously. I'm 28 but get mistaken for late teens or early 20s all the time. Someone once even said I looked 16 but I think they were on crack ^_^

Latest posts