Age - Do you look yours

BarrelOfDonkeys

I think I look my age but everyone else says I look younger. It's always fun to see people's faces when they card me at the movies and see that I was born in 1985. It gets kind of annoying always being asked out/hit on by kids half my age though.

pink_lily002

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelOfDonkeys
It gets kind of annoying always being asked out/hit on by kids half my age though.

Oh boy do I ever know THAT feeling! I work in retail as a manager at a store aimed towards teens, so I'm frequently getting hit on by 15 and 16 year old guys who think I'm closer to their age. The best was the guy who said that I was the cutest thing he'd seen all day and wanted to take me out for dinner when I got off work. I asked him how old he thought I was, and he told me 17 or 18. The look on his face when I told him I'm 25 was absolutely priceless! It got even more entertaining when he realized that I was the manager!

It no longer matters what I'm wearing....people always assume I'm no older than 20. It's obnoxious now to always get carded for cigarettes, liquor, movies, even condoms at the pharmacy! But my mother is 45 and looks 30 at the oldest, so I guess when I get older I'll be a bit more appreciative of this!

BarrelOfDonkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_lily002
Oh boy do I ever know THAT feeling! I work in retail as a manager at a store aimed towards teens, so I'm frequently getting hit on by 15 and 16 year old guys who think I'm closer to their age. The best was the guy who said that I was the cutest thing he'd seen all day and wanted to take me out for dinner when I got off work. I asked him how old he thought I was, and he told me 17 or 18. The look on his face when I told him I'm 25 was absolutely priceless! It got even more entertaining when he realized that I was the manager!

It no longer matters what I'm wearing....people always assume I'm no older than 20. It's obnoxious now to always get carded for cigarettes, liquor, movies, even condoms at the pharmacy! But my mother is 45 and looks 30 at the oldest, so I guess when I get older I'll be a bit more appreciative of this!

Yeah my mother's the same way, she's 54 and could easily pass for like 42. But when she was my age she looked it, I on the other hand have been mistaken for being as young as 12 when I'm really 23. Maybe by the time I'm her age I'll look like I'm in my 30s lol.