Airport luggage theives

LatteQueen

no you're not allowed to do that anymore..I carried all of my valuables on with me..put the other stuff in the suitcase..If some of my stuff were stolen I could easily replace it..My S.I.L. does this all of the time when she and her husband travel to their vacation home in Jamaica..she says her valuables are with her all of the time..NO EXCEPTIONS.

MrsMay

I'm so sorry hun, I know just how you feel...

On our honeymoon we left our videocamera in our luggage (we were distracted and didnt really think about it) and when we went to get it out in Kuala Lumpur, we discovered it was missing
ssad.gif

The worst part of it was that it still had our wedding video in it, and that was the only good copy. At least we got to watch 10 mins of it before we had to leave the hotel the morning after our wedding
ssad.gif
I hope they felt really guilty when they realised it was our wedding video.

Willa

Question from a noobie : are blush and eyeshaddows considered ok to bring as much as you want in your hand luggage? Because I'll probably buy some in France... and I want to take them back with me, not in the registered luggage...

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Question from a noobie : are blush and eyeshaddows considered ok to bring as much as you want in your hand luggage? Because I'll probably buy some in France... and I want to take them back with me, not in the registered luggage...

yup, powder blushes and eyeshadows are fine in hand luggage! take / buy as many as you'd like!

not sure about cream blush and shadow though.

booboo39

I worked there maybe four years ago and always wondered why they did not have cameras down there the cargo inspection area. They should!!! From personal experience, putting stickers/tags/notices on bags and boxes that say fragile or handle with care mean absolutely nothing!! That fragile bag/box can go on the bottom of the loading cart and hundreds of pounds of luggage piled on top as it is rolled at to the plane's cargo storage. I don't know if things have changed, I would hope so.

hawaii02

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. People can be so cruel.
ssad.gif

I agree with those that say to ship things back from/to destination. We had to do that recently.