All About Stereo Rose

VanillaCupcake

Re: MAC - In the Groove Discussion

I feel bad for everyone who didn't get stereo rose
ssad.gif
If MAC knows something is going to be popular, they should make more of it.

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
I might be able to get it at a MACYs counter or freestanding store but they are all like 45 mins. away from me. I don't really feel like driving all over and calling all over trying to track it down. I have never even worn pleasureflush and went through so many hoops to get that in a swap just because. I don't think I need it anyway. It's just a let down that MAC treats their loyal customers who spend thousands on MAC a year this way.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to come off rude but whether your a loyal customer or not business is based on first come first serve. Whether this was someones 1st MAC purchase or there 100th its still whoever gets to the product first. You can't put the full blame on MAC on why you didn't get the product yes they should of produced more, but also the people who got it were up bright and early or all night waiting.

I was up on and off last night then up at 5am I did purchase 3 but I'm not a reseller or evil bayer I bought 1 for my self to use right away one as a back up and one for my kit.

ARmakeupjunkie

As much as I hate to say it but there are three that share the blame: MAC, resellers, and us! MAC does not produce enough of a product that they know will sell like hotcakes. Resellers buy up as much as they can so they can resell at double, triple the cost to make money. We talk up and crave products creating a demand. Now, I have no problem with the last one but, can you just imagine the number of people that read sites like Specktra but are not a member. They are only out here to read about what's coming out and what we think will be the must have items! Also, this is the first time SR has been out in awhile. There was already a market for it and it was already hard to find. They released it again so sure, it's going to be the top selling, fastest selling, and yet once again, hardest to find item of the collection. It sucks, no less to miss out on an item you want. There are several on my list of 'The Ones That Got Away' but that's how this game we play goes. I hope we all get what we wanted, one way or another, and don't have to pay crazy prices for it! And for the record, I too will be waiting to see if I get an email saying I won't be getting my SR.

Camnagem

It sounds like we might have quite a few disappointed Specktra beauties again. What a bummer. I'm so sorry for everyone who may be missing out.
cry.gif

I'm still hopeful that another batch of them will show up on the MAC site at some point soonish. Fingers crossed for all of you!

I only ordered 1 SR, but I'm gonna try to get my hands on a few more (if I can find them!) to sell here at cost. I'll let everyone know if I can find any.

NotteRequiem

Eventually I want a back-up of SR, but I'm going to wait it out a little. Might be the death of me, but I dont go through MSF's like other people I know. I've used Petticoat since Dec of 08 and it still has a dome.

peachsuns

Good morning, ladies!
I just finished catching up. So, Stereo Rose is already sold out. Hope nobody will get the cancellation e-mail. I'm happy for you ladies!
yes.gif

I'm excited to see the collection IRL on Thursday.
th_DANCE.gif

Will they still have Stereo Rose? I don't know. Will I like Hang Loose? Let's see.
tong.gif

make_up_maven

Hi ladies, what time did Stereo Rose sell out?
I put my ordre in at 8:15 this morning and I haven't received either a backorder or cancellation notice, so fingers crossed.
But I'm curious how long it took to sell out?

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_up_maven
Hi ladies, what time did Stereo Rose sell out?
I put my ordre in at 8:15 this morning and I haven't received either a backorder or cancellation notice, so fingers crossed.
But I'm curious how long it took to sell out?

It sold out 10:30am EST. 2 and a half hours, I believe.

make_up_maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
I disagree with you. This whole issue would have been avoided had MAC made enough product to supply the intense demand for this product.

Especially Stereo Rose. If thier marketing people were on top on their game they'd have known what the demand would be for it.

meg_curls

Even the counters aren't getting much stock of SR, so I can only imagine that they didn't produce enough for the online stock as well

michthr

SR dosnt seem to be sold out on the mac canadian website....

monter

ssad.gif

I'm hoping they restock SR. For now... will be putting in my Love to Love and A+O order. Maybe I can call the Nordies by me and have them put one aside and my boy can pick it up for me on his way home from work.
lol.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by michthr
SR dosnt seem to be sold out on the mac canadian website....

Yep its still there!

FYI if you put in your order on the later side, I got my email confirmation at 7:08 (pacific) and was looking over the hold on funds that mac put on my bank account, it doesn't look like stereo rose is included in the total. Bummer :-(

NotteRequiem

I just dont think MAC made a lot PERIOD. Clearly they just wanted to sell out.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWaveGirl81
FYI if you put in your order on the later side, I got my email confirmation at 7:08 (pacific) and was looking over the hold on funds that mac put on my bank account, it doesn't look like stereo rose is included in the total. Bummer :-(

You're right, mine's is not included either.

Total Spent : 126.14
Amount on Credit: 96.46
Amount Missing: 28.00x1.06=29.68

This is some BS. How could they not have their inventory together, just for that I am sending everything back. I am royally pissed, I order what 30 minutes after it was up.

Manda718

Wow, it didn't make it in my order either. I got my order confirmation email at 9:24am with Stereo Rose included and I just checked my banking and my total is lower. I did the math, and it's exactly the total minus Stereo Rose + tax. I'm super bummed. I don't even want all the other stuff I ordered now. LOL!

KeshieShimmer

MAC is incredibly lame for not anticipating the demand for this product. How does it help them when the resellers are going to make more money?

clotheswhore

Those that still want SR, have you guys tried ordering by phone? Sometimes they still have it in stock even if it's sold out online.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
It sold out 10:30am EST. 2 and a half hours, I believe.

holy cow! so unless people were ordering 10 of the bloody thing at a time mac just didn't have enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momolovesmac
I am surprised Petticoat is still not sold out in UK & US.isnt it very anticipated as well?

as other have said, becauseit's being released a few times now and is still in some cco's it's lost it's appeal slightly. such a pretty msf though! one of my personal faves!