All About Stereo Rose

Tat2dbeauty07

Re: MAC - In the Groove Discussion

I called customer service the lady was like at first shes like stereo rose is on back order so Im assuming yours is to may I have your order number. She checked my order she said ma'am everything you ordered seems to be there and I don't see anything noting your stereo rose is on back order.

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_up_maven
Okay ladies, I just got off the phone with MAC CSR - she was CRANKY too!!!
She asked me immdiately if I was calling about Stereo Rose and when I say yes, she literally groaned! LOL

Anyway, she said NONE of my items were on backorder including SR. I ordered at 8:14am EST. She said mine was the very first order on the regular MAC site this morning.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Sorry but, that made me laugh!
tong.gif

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
I'm sorry and I don't mean to come off rude but whether your a loyal customer or not business is based on first come first serve. Whether this was someones 1st MAC purchase or there 100th its still whoever gets to the product first. You can't put the full blame on MAC on why you didn't get the product yes they should of produced more, but also the people who got it were up bright and early or all night waiting.

I was up on and off last night then up at 5am I did purchase 3 but I'm not a reseller or evil bayer I bought 1 for my self to use right away one as a back up and one for my kit.

I was up last night until 3:30am and at 9am this morning when I looked they were sold out.

I was a little upset earlier in my post lol.

I KNOW that MAC doesn't care if you are a loyal customer as long as you have money, but you would think that they would treat their best customers better. I am quit familiar with how businesses are run- my family has owned and operated our family business since 1930 and my dad is the CEO.

I already called my MAC store and got the last two this morning.

You would just think with economy as bad as it is, if something is actually selling, they would produce more to increase their sales. That's all.

make_up_maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
Sorry but, that made me laugh!
tong.gif

It was funny, but honestly, she was downright nasty to me and I could hear a big commotion in the background.

They must be innodated.

cucumbers

I just called my store to place on hold on my A+O stuff (which I wasn't originally going to do but after Later sold out so fast I changed my mind) and had them hold an extra Stereo Rose for me for anyone that missed out! I can't believe it sold out so fast...

Tat2dbeauty07

I will keep my 3 on hold till thursday and more than likely purchase them to help the good folks out on here
smiles.gif

make_up_maven

well I was a ML victim. We'll see what happens with this, but even if I get my SR, this is the last time I will do this. I'm getting too old for this crap! LOL

chickatthegym

Quote:
Hi ladies, what time did Stereo Rose sell out?
I put my ordre in at 8:15 this morning and I haven't received either a backorder or cancellation notice, so fingers crossed.
But I'm curious how long it took to sell out?

I was on at 9am CT (10am ET) and it was gone
rants.gif

depecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
I was up last night until 3:30am and at 9am this morning when I looked they were sold out.

I was a little upset earlier in my post lol.

I KNOW that MAC doesn't care if you are a loyal customer as long as you have money, but you would think that they would treat their best customers better. I am quit familiar with how businesses are run- my family has owned and operated our family business since 1930 and my dad is the CEO.

I already called my MAC store and got the last two this morning.

You would just think with economy as bad as it is, if something is actually selling, they would produce more to increase their sales. That's all.

You have every right to be upset. I was too when I got up early ( but too late) and saw it sold out. You *would* think they would have enough supply to meet demand, but nope. I hope at some point they re release Pleasureflush. They would need to have 5 million of those though. ha ha.

vmb8706

guess its sold out on nordies placed an order about 10 mins after it was posted on the site, didnt get a confirmation email and when i log on to my account it shows the order as blank,grrrr

monter

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I was going to do that but just because I'm super paranoid and once I did the pick-up thing with some other item and they ran out of the item at that store. Luckily though they still had some available online offered to have it shipped to me for free

I just went ahead and paid to have it shipped to me for peace of mind.

I am a little afraid of that. I ordered half an hour ago and still haven't received a confirmation email. Hm.

depecher

I just put in my order number at the nordstrom site. It said they couldn't find my order. I haven't received a confirmation email either but AOL Mail is down. Argh!

sweetkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCupcake
Have any Canadians received a confirmation yet?

ya the automated one right after you place the order, I did anyway, ordered at 9:xx am. I don't get shipping notices from mac ever.

wetwater

Quote:
She asked me immdiately if I was calling about Stereo Rose and when I say yes, she literally groaned! LOL

Anyway, she said NONE of my items were on backorder including SR. I ordered at 8:14am EST. She said mine was the very first order on the regular MAC site this morning.

is that when you received your email confirmation?

Icecaramellatte

Quote:

My order confirmation says 8:24 AM eastern so maybe I'm good as well. We shall see.

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
If she's like the rest of us, she's afraid something will happen. If only I had a dollar for every time I heard someone had a ML on hold from TTB only to get to the store and find out it had been sold! I'm so afraid that will happen to me with SR!

Oh -wow-. I had no idea they'd sell items on hold on the day of the release. Sheesh... This is so terrible...

Sony

I stayed up late too and still almost missed out..I'm so glad I kept checking back...I ordered:

1 Stereo Rose
Go for it lipstick
and the Pigments from Alice & Olivia

I did overnight shipping so I hope everything is in my order when it gets here tomorrow..It's so sad when you place an order and still have worry about if you're going to get the items...
th_dunno.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I think the nordstrom site got overloaded with all of us.
I tried adding it a few times, and then when it finally went through I saw that it added SR 3x to my cart.

I decided to get all 3
lol.gif
I'll probably sell the extra ones at cost to some of the lovely people on here.

i'm sure that will make many people happy
smiles.gif

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Ok, it is 7 PM here. Thanks again!

That was a quick sold out!

Yep your 6 hours ahead of us on the East Coast.

I just checked my bank account and there's a pending order for MAC. I only ordered the Stereo Rose and that's the amount there... $29.40 w/tax. I do not like how low my account looks though
ssad.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkitty
That's funny, they must have had ALOT of orders!

I was wondering if so many used it to get just SR without having to pay shipping - then end up not getting SR do to the backorder
ssad.gif