All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation and Soft Velvet Loose Powder -New for Spring 2015

colormefab

After spending the past few days trying to hunt the foundation down in nordies and sephora stores, I finally found a store that wasn't so snotty and actually sold me the product! I found my color (New Orleans) to be pretty accurate and the same as my foundation shade in the sheer glow foundation. Im actually really glad Sephora has expanded the shade range for the Nars shades they carry because I previously was unable to purchase my shade from them. I hope the powder is sold at sephora because I want it!

Interested in my thoughts so far???

jenise

After spending the past few days trying to hunt the foundation down in nordies and sephora stores, I finally found a store that wasn't so snotty and actually sold me the product! I found my color (New Orleans) to be pretty accurate and the same as my foundation shade in the sheer glow foundation. Im actually really glad Sephora has expanded the shade range for the Nars shades they carry because I previously was unable to purchase my shade from them.  I hope the powder is sold at sephora because I want it!  Interested in my thoughts so far???
Yes!

meka72

Definitely want to hear more especially when New Orleans is a good match for me in Sheer Glow as well.
After spending the past few days trying to hunt the foundation down in nordies and sephora stores, I finally found a store that wasn't so snotty and actually sold me the product! I found my color (New Orleans) to be pretty accurate and the same as my foundation shade in the sheer glow foundation. Im actually really glad Sephora has expanded the shade range for the Nars shades they carry because I previously was unable to purchase my shade from them.  I hope the powder is sold at sephora because I want it!  Interested in my thoughts so far???

colormefab

Well....I went in purchasing this foundation with incredibly high expectations because I consider the Sheer Glow foundation to be HG an couldn't imagine another one topping it for me. With that said, I haven't worn it long enough to see how my skin reacts to it over time but I really do love the finish, pigmentation and wear of this foundation. It is definitely at par with the quality you would expect from NARs. I've seen some reviews that says that says they are disappointed that the foundation doesn't offer complete coverage in one pump like the foundation claims but honestly, that claim should have been taken with a grain of salt. One pump of this foundation is equivalent to like 1/4-1/2 pump of other foundations with a pump. Also, you have to consider what type of skin you're working with. I have pretty decent skin with very few issues, so one pump of this foundation really does cover my entire face. However, I can see how someone with problematic skin and scarring would need more than one pump to get the desired coverage. This foundation is insanely pigmented and build able without being cake. Its definitely a mental thing for me to use one pump to do my entire face but it really only takes one. I have combination skin(right now its really dry), I find that the does not accentuate the dry spots which is a plus.

Im really liking what I see so far. They had me at "it comes with a pump"

meka72

I should go get a sample. I just bought Chanel Perfection Lumiere and said that I wouldn't buy another liquid foundation for the remainder of the year...allegedly. Lol. Thanks for your review.
Well....I went in purchasing this foundation with incredibly high expectations because I consider the Sheer Glow foundation to be HG an couldn't imagine another one topping it for me. With that said, I haven't worn it long enough to see how my skin reacts to it over time but I really do love the finish, pigmentation and wear of this foundation. It is definitely at par with the quality you would expect from NARs. I've seen some reviews that says that says they are disappointed that the foundation doesn't offer complete coverage in one pump like the foundation claims but honestly, that claim should have been taken with a grain of salt. One pump of this foundation is equivalent to like 1/4-1/2 pump of other foundations with a pump. Also, you have to consider what type of skin you're working with. I have pretty decent skin with very few issues, so one pump of this foundation really does cover my entire face. However, I can see how someone with problematic skin and scarring would need more than one pump to get the desired coverage. This foundation is insanely pigmented and build able without being cake. Its definitely a mental thing for me to use one pump to do my entire face but it really only takes one. I have combination skin(right now its really dry), I find that the does not accentuate the dry spots which is a plus.  Im really liking what I see so far. They had me at "it comes with a pump"

colormefab

I should go get a sample. I just bought Chanel Perfection Lumiere and said that I wouldn't buy another liquid foundation for the remainder of the year...allegedly. Lol. Thanks for your review.
I have Perfection Lumber and loved the finish of it but the spf in it broke me out. So NARs has been my HG. But definitely get a sample of it..im just really impatient and really wanted to try it on myself because i wasn't seeing enough reviews from WOC.

Prettypackages

I have Perfection Lumber and loved the finish of it but the spf in it broke me out. So NARs has been my HG. But definitely get a sample of it..im just really impatient and really wanted to try it on myself because i wasn't seeing enough reviews from WOC.
it broke me out too. Whenever someone raves about it, I get tempted to try it again.

colormefab

Does anyone know if and when the soft velvet powders will be available at sephora? I keep seeing conflicting information on whether or not it will available there besides the fact that its not on the site as "coming soon" like the foundation is.

gabzillaa

does that mean that is in stores? I made an appointment for a makeover on Valentine's day so I'm going to pick this up and maybe a beauty blender to satisfy the $50 minimum purchase.

What brush/tool do you guys recommend for applying this (or any) foundation?

DILLIGAF

does that mean that is in stores? I made an appointment for a makeover on Valentine's day so I'm going to pick this up and maybe a beauty blender to satisfy the $50 minimum purchase.

I use a Beauty Blender or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush on my liquid foundations.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Does anyone know if and when the soft velvet powders will be available at sephora? I keep seeing conflicting information on whether or not it will available there besides the fact that its not on the site as "coming soon" like the foundation is.
I'm not sure.
Depends on the foundation, for me. Sometimes fingers, sometimes a Sigma F80, sometimes a beautyblender (or dupe).

I picked up some samples and Mont Blanc matches me so much better than the Mac NW13 I've been using. I love this but I woke with a breakout on my forehead. I'm going to try it again in a few days and hope another breakout doesn't follow. :(

DILLIGAF

I tried this foundation today. In Sheer Glow I wear Trinidad. So naturally that was the color that I tried in this formulation. It was too dark and too red. It actually made me look dirty. The SA at the NARS counter in Nordies told me that I have to get matched to a new color for this formulation as they are different from the Sheer Glow one. I told her I will be back another day to do just that.

laurennnxox

I'm really interested in trying this formula. I never really cared for the other two liquid formulas. I will probably go in for a matching/sample some time this week. I have yet to find my HG foundation. I have MUFE HD #110, and like it, but I still am on the hunt for that Holy Grail. I like medium/full coverage and I have combo/oily skin and acne prone. I'm not really sure if it would be a fit for me, but I never mind trying new things out. :) I'm super fair and pink, so not sure if even Mont Blanc will be light enough for me. We'll see!

NATlar

I was matched to Mont Blanc in this new foundation even though I'm Gobi in Sheer Glow, but gobi in the new foundation looked wrong on me. I have dry skin but the foundation looked lovely on my skin when the girl applied it and she was kindly enough to give me a sample to see how I go and what I think before I spend my money buying a bottle... only thing I didn't like about it was the sticky feeling on the face.

I really hate applying my foundation with my fingers, so going to try this with a buffing brush and my beauty blender...

NATlar

Does anyone know if Gobi in this foundation is as yellow as it is in Sheer Glow? Mont Blanc as peachy? Or if Siberia is as light or Deauville as dark as in Sheer Glow? I didn't have a match in SG but was in that range....ideally some mix of Siberia and Deauville.
I'm Gobi in Sheer Glow, but that new foundation in Gobi was way too yellow on me compared to the sheer glow. I found Monc Blanc in Sheer Glow too pink for me but in the Luminous one it was a perfect match for me wasn't as pink and did come off slighly yellow on me. I've heard that you might not be the same colour match in the new one compered to the sheer glow and sheer matte because of the formula!

Latest posts