All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation and Soft Velvet Loose Powder -New for Spring 2015

laurennnxox

I went in to be matched, and get a sample! The SA was very helpful. I think I'm usually Mont Blanc... but it was waaay too dark on me. I was a lot closer to Sibera. So that's the sample I will be trying tomorrow! I hope I like it. :)

CarmenK

Got samples of this foundation today in the shade Cadiz and Tahoe. I'm Nc45 in Mac, I really hope i like this foundation!

kalexis08

Does anyone know if and when the soft velvet powders will be available at sephora? I keep seeing conflicting information on whether or not it will available there besides the fact that its not on the site as "coming soon" like the foundation is.
the sephora rep on Twitter confirmed they will not be getting the loose powders. i ordered the shade mountain from blue mercury, hopefully it matches.

Rasbury

I went in to be matched, and get a sample! The SA was very helpful. I think I'm usually Mont Blanc... but it was waaay too dark on me. I was a lot closer to Sibera. So that's the sample I will be trying tomorrow! I hope I like it. :)
Sounds like I have the same skin tone, type, and color as you do, so I'd love to know what you think of this foundation. I liked the sheer matte formula but it wasn't HG for me. Hopefully this new formulation will be closer.

laurennnxox

Sounds like I have the same skin tone, type, and color as you do, so I'd love to know what you think of this foundation. I liked the sheer matte formula but it wasn't HG for me. Hopefully this new formulation will be closer.
I am trying it tonight when I go out! I shall post with updates tomorrow :)

laurennnxox

Just applied the foundation. I don't usually use the word "hate"... But I HATE this foundation!! There is no way I did this correctly, with everyone raving about this foundation so much. I just got out of the shower, moisturized well, used a nice primer, and applied as in the video. I had a sample, so I shook well and used a small dot. I worked it in with my warm fingers. It was awful and hard to blend-- and I worked fast!! It dried horribly powdery. I hated it so much I had to take it off. I don't have dry skin, I am oily. Yet, it made my face look grossly dry. I don't know. I might play with different applications. Thank goodness it was just a sample. Any tips?

starletta8

I went to a NARS event today and the MUA used the new foundation and powder on me.

Oh my.... I actually gasped at the final look. I looked beautiful- and that's not a phrase I use about myself often. I wasn't going to pick up the powder (I pre-ordered the foundation), but I caved. I love the overall look, and it's wearing well.

Into hour #7, no touchups, and I'm not shiny. This is wearing wonderfully.

laurennnxox

I went to a NARS event today and the MUA used the new foundation and powder on me. Oh my.... I actually gasped at the final look. I looked beautiful- and that's not a phrase I use about myself often. I wasn't going to pick up the powder (I pre-ordered the foundation), but I caved. I love the overall look, and it's wearing well. Into hour #7, no touchups, and I'm not shiny. This is wearing wonderfully.
I'm glad you are loving it. How did she apply it on you and what is your skin type?

Rasbury

Just applied the foundation. I don't usually use the word "hate"... But I HATE this foundation!! There is no way I did this correctly, with everyone raving about this foundation so much. I just got out of the shower, moisturized well, used a nice primer, and applied as in the video. I had a sample, so I shook well and used a small dot. I worked it in with my warm fingers. It was awful and hard to blend-- and I worked fast!! It dried horribly powdery. I hated it so much I had to take it off. I don't have dry skin, I am oily. Yet, it made my face look grossly dry. I don't know. I might play with different applications. Thank goodness it was just a sample. Any tips?
Oh no! Sorry it didn't work out this time! So glad it was a sample and not a full bottle! The videos/reviews I've seen have all used beauty blenders to apply, so maybe that would help? I definitely have oily skin too, so matte finish is good but weird and powdery doesn't seem appealing. But there have been so many positive reviews I'm still holding out hope. Hoping to get to a counter and try a sample tomorrow. Hope your next try (if you do one) goes better.

laurennnxox

Oh no! Sorry it didn't work out this time! So glad it was a sample and not a full bottle! The videos/reviews I've seen have all used beauty blenders to apply, so maybe that would help? I definitely have oily skin too, so matte finish is good but weird and powdery doesn't seem appealing. But there have been so many positive reviews I'm still holding out hope. Hoping to get to a counter and try a sample tomorrow. Hope your next try (if you do one) goes better. 
Yeah, it was not pretty at all. I don't know how i'll use a beauty blender... It seriously sets SO fast! I will try that technique for sure though. I'm not sure if it's user error or simply not a match for me. We'll see! I hope you get a sample!

starletta8

I'm glad you are loving it. How did she apply it on you and what is your skin type?

He used a brush with a dense head and dabbed a little bit to set my cheeks after concealer and foundation. Then, we did blush, and a final thin application of powder to create a "blush sandwich" to set it.

I'd never seen it used like that, but when I finally took my makeup off at hour 9, it still looked flawless. I need to have a MUA every day, LOL.

laurennnxox

Good news! After explaining to a sephora SA about how much I hated the new nars foundation... She said it took her a few tries to figure out the best way to apply for her, and that I might have different preferences. So, she poured me another sample. This time I tried it with with mineral veil primer and used my Mac 187 brush. I touched juuust a little bit on the tip of my brush and blended and buffed it into my skin *very* quickly. Also, i started where I'd contour and worked my way towards my t-zone. I know that's not typical but it helped it from being too thick where it was cakey on me last time. It looked much better on my chin and around my nose this time! I used laura mercier's setting powder very lightly and LOVED it! Glad I was able to try again :)

zoozi89

Hey everybody. I am really interested in purchasing the soft velvet loose powder but I cannot find the list of ingredients anywhere online. Could someone please post a list of the ingredients as I have had really bad luck with powders due to talc, mica etc.

Thank you :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
This is why all companies who don't list their product ingredients online (and NARS, unfortunately, is one) should start doing so.

NATlar

I have dry skin and I have to say I've been loving wearing this foundation, I moisterise well and use my Illamasqua Hydra Veil. I have been using a sample just debating whether I want to bite the bullet and spend £32 and buy the full size :/ think I'll get another sample when this runs out and give it more time to decide!

Dolly Snow

I have dry skin and I have to say I've been loving wearing this foundation, I moisterise well and use my Illamasqua Hydra Veil. I have been using a sample just debating whether I want to bite the bullet and spend £32 and buy the full size :/ think I'll get another sample when this runs out and give it more time to decide!
I agree, get another sample.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I decided to take the plunge and buy the full size bottle of Mont Blanc and I'm glad to report that it is a great match, despite appearing darker when I initially swatched it. I may ask for samples of Siberia and/ or Gobi just so I can try them out. My skin tends to be forgiving of foundations with different undertones and I'd like to see what the effect is.

Today's my first day wearing the foundation and I'm really impressed. The texture required almost no blending for me, I just tapped it on my skin and smoothed everything in place with my fingers. I did buff it a little with my UD foundation brush, which made it look even nicer, but wasn't strictly speaking necessary. (I do agree with @laurennnxox that blending needs to be done quickly, because the foundation doesn't have a lot of oily slip to it, so it will set in place.)

It is holding up very well, which a lot of foundations don't on my combination skin, and it's doing an excellent job of minimizing the visible pores on my cheeks without clinging to dry patches. It is similar to the YSL Fusion Ink foundation, more so than to the Armani Maestro, which seems a little drier in terms of the finish. I'm happiest that my "nose glow" appears to have been contained, which is the ultimate test for me and foundations. My nose tends to come shining through no matter what. So far so good!

Baje

Hi guys. I purchased Macao in the foundation, what shade should I get in the Soft Velvet Loose Powder? NARS rep online said Beach but that shade is so yellow and pale.

NATlar

Curious how this new foundation compares to sheer matte.
Even though I'm not into Sheer matte or any matte foundation this one isn't as matte as the sheer matte and I actually look the look of it on my face. Actually does give me a luminous finish.

Latest posts