All Things Beautylish

fur4elise

Yesterday Nordstrom announced a furlough for executives with a pay cut. So despite the sales, people are definitely spending less especially on luxury and non-essentials.

This was my essential for the week.
1585307589792.png

My devilish dog claimed my one pair of slippers as chew toys. Slippers are essential for my telecommute! ;)

Shars

I mean NM and saks gave 25% off
that NEVER happens!
That's exactly what I'm saying. You may get a code for $50 off $200 purchase or once every year they may have a sale that includes beauty but I have NEVER seen any of them offer 25% off and almost never in the spring time. Well we'll see how things go. I for one don't need anything and won't buy just because of a sale. As VAL4M said, there's too much uncertainty surrounding jobs and how long this elephant will take to leave the room. I hope people are being wise financially even if they feel they need some retail therapy to lift their spirits.

fur4elise

That's exactly what I'm saying. You may get a code for $50 off $200 purchase or once every year they may have a sale that includes beauty but I have NEVER seen any of them offer 25% off and almost never in the spring time. Well we'll see how things go. I for one don't need anything and won't buy just because of a sale. As VAL4M said, there's too much uncertainty surrounding jobs and how long this elephant will take to leave the room. I hope people are being wise financially even if they feel they need some retail therapy to lift their spirits.

I totally agree. This is where I give thanks for having been part of the low/no buy group. A few years of practice has curtailed my impulse buying and "retail therapy." I have to say all of a sudden I am more aware of all kinds of consumption and use in our household. And that could be because when I went to the grocery store yesterday, the things that were once plentiful are gone and there are limits on other staples, like eggs.

Just like VAL4M VAL4M I am super thankful to still have my job and to be working. However, I am super concerned about my student assistants. Thankfully, the university is doing all it can to provide support. They even started a hardship fund.

lenchen

I totally agree. This is where I give thanks for having been part of the low/no buy group. A few years of practice has curtailed my impulse buying and "retail therapy." I have to say all of a sudden I am more aware of all kinds of consumption and use in our household. And that could be because when I went to the grocery store yesterday, the things that were once plentiful are gone and there are limits on other staples, like eggs.

Just like VAL4M VAL4M I am super thankful to still have my job and to be working. However, I am super concerned about my student assistants. Thankfully, the university is doing all it can to provide support. They even started a hardship fund.

Same! I really haven't been purchasing much of anything in terms of beauty/luxuries. I felt so lucky and blessed to find toilet paper the other day, eggs, rice, and Pasta today that i'm careful with how much I consume..As you said, i'm thankful that I have a job as well.

lenchen

Sonia G ~ The Walnut Brush Holder -
Bespoke and chi chi expensive at $185

BrushHolderFT.jpg

Compartments-1-1170x775.jpg

BrushholderFilled-1170x1170.jpg

I love the idea of this, but it is completely out of my budget!
Same! while I loved Sonia G, the brush holder is just not a practical purchase for me.

fur4elise

Sonia G brushes are up Face Pro and Sky eyeshadow brush set (and also sold individually) i did buy 5 at last was always solding out so fast!

Oooh! Brush Envy! I still have one payment left on the Sky Eye set I purchased in February so I am not allowed to partake *sad panda*. And I am being careful with my spending too. But I am happy for you! Hope you love your new babies!

VAL4M

Oooh! Brush Envy! I still have one payment left on the Sky Eye set I purchased in February so I am not allowed to partake *sad panda*. And I am being careful with my spending too. But I am happy for you! Hope you love your new babies!
I didn’t want to purchased any until i could add ALL the brushes i wanted and it finally happened today 😄 my last purchase was a year ago (on the beautylish website) so timing not great but i was semi good for a couple of months

Icecaramellatte

I just noticed the restock. I usually get another of my favorite with when there is a restock but I haven't really been making up really so I'm a bit unsure. I may just pass. I know I was kind of just discovering the merits of the mini booster when I cooled off with making up. Really it was before I was staying home. I was just busy and could not really get to my eye make up too much. But I remember starting to use that brush a few different ways.

MaryJane

Has anyone tried the new Wayne Goss lipsticks? Mine arrived yesterday and I was able to test them today. If you've seen any of videos or swatches and thought, like i did, that several of the colors look very, very similar, you'd be right!

I have Amaryllis, Lotus, Dahlia, and Lily. I can see subtle differences when i swatch them on my hand but, on my lips, they are almost identical. One is more peach, one more brown based, and the other is just a little deeper. Lily is the only color that differs - it's more mauve pink based and very pretty.

The formula is phenomenal. It glides across the lips and leaves a beautiful shine to the lips.

I'll be keeping Lily for sure and one of the others.

I would recommend checking this out just keep in mind how similar the colors are.

BTW, as a reference, i have almost no color in my lips.

Winthrop44

Has anyone tried the new Wayne Goss lipsticks? Mine arrived yesterday and I was able to test them today. If you've seen any of videos or swatches and thought, like i did, that several of the colors look very, very similar, you'd be right!

I have Amaryllis, Lotus, Dahlia, and Lily. I can see subtle differences when i swatch them on my hand but, on my lips, they are almost identical. One is more peach, one more brown based, and the other is just a little deeper. Lily is the only color that differs - it's more mauve pink based and very pretty.

The formula is phenomenal. It glides across the lips and leaves a beautiful shine to the lips.

I would recommend checking this out just keep in mind how similar the colors are.

Thanks! I was planning on Lily when they restock. Do the lipstick have any fragrance?

Mac-Guy

Did you get any glosses too? I will stay away from the glosses due to the mint flavor. I don't need tingly lips. If I wanted bigger lips, I would get a filler.

MaryJane

Did you get any glosses too? I will stay away from the glosses due to the mint flavor. I don't need tingly lips. If I wanted bigger lips, I would get a filler.
No, I didn't get any of the glosses. From some of the reviews I've seen, they have a mint scent but aren't tingly.

VAL4M

Beautylish has a spring sales soon :unsure: they really need to get some stuff out wonder what will be up for sales some Viseart (but never the palette I want LOL) Natasha Denona stuff is usually for sale too

Shars

Beautylish has a spring sales soon :unsure: they really need to get some stuff out wonder what will be up for sales some Viseart (but never the palette I want LOL) Natasha Denona stuff is usually for sale too
This is the second sale they've had this year.... interesting. Last sale I almost got one of those big Viseart palette but all my current palettes were giving me the side eye so I chickened out lol.

VAL4M

This is the second sale they've had this year.... interesting. Last sale I almost got one of those big Viseart palette but all my current palettes were giving me the side eye so I chickened out lol.
I know!!! Same here so tempting but never enough to pull the trigger And never any sales on any brushes!

fur4elise

Wayne Goss ~ The Artist Collection - $175

WG_ArtistCollection.jpg

The do remind me of calligraphy brushes. They will be a skip for me. I love the SG brushes I have, and don't see where I would use these in my makeup routine.

Latest posts