All Things Sephora

boschicka

I got my Pantone Rose Quartz today & :rofl: :doh: :scratch::naughty::banghead: I agree with ^^^her review of it. You should read the newest review on Sephora, man does she ever chastise the people that don't like it :rant2::rotfl:

Its the worse texture. It applies like stiff white doughnut powder & I even used just a little bit. And, I hated how my lipsticks looked layered with it. Maybe I need to play more...but I'm not digging it at all. I hated getting it on my other lipstick shades :bootyshake:

I thought it would be a sheer pink ...you know...LIKE ROSE QUARTZ hahahahaha doh!

Oh no! That's so sad! Butt at least you got to use the butt! :bootyshake: OMG, that review is brutal!!! You should tell her it stinks as a layering lipstick too! But watch out, she might come to your house and punch you in the mouth! :rofl:

Prettypackages

went back to read it, that was funny .
I got my Pantone Rose Quartz today & :rofl: :doh: :scratch::naughty::banghead: I agree with ^^^her review of it. You should read the newest review on Sephora, man does she ever chastise the people that don't like it :rant2::rotfl:

Its the worse texture. It applies like stiff white doughnut powder & I even used just a little bit. And, I hated how my lipsticks looked layered with it. Maybe I need to play more...but I'm not digging it at all. I hated getting it on my other lipstick shades :bootyshake:

I thought it would be a sheer pink ...you know...LIKE ROSE QUARTZ hahahahaha doh!

Vineetha

:rofl:That review!! So you clearly dont know how to use it if you didnt like it :smack::bat::roflmao:

MsGlossy

I had to go and read the review. All that snark was uncalled for. :shakehead: She needs to go and play with her layering lipstick and get over it.

Shars

So what is everyone getting during the sale? I don't think that vice palette will stick around long. I wish the GWen Stefani was on sle.

I got a MUFE travel brush set and a Sephora travel brush set, some Buxom London nail polishes, some Tarte brushes and 2 of those Ole Henriksen makeup wipe trio packs. I stalled and missed out on a few things but the only thing I really want to nab is that Clarisonic Mia 2 2 pack. A friend and I are going to split it. I was going to get the Vice 4 but like @boschika, I saw the sale on UD.com and will grab it there if it ever comes back in stock. Plus I have a $10 gift card from UD.com so it'll be like getting it for almost $20.

elegant-one

I had to go and read the review. All that snark was uncalled for. :shakehead: She needs to go and play with her layering lipstick and get over it.

:rofl::soap::blah::storm::roflmao: I read the description before I bought it & it still sucks :rofl:

And, using it with other lipstick shades is ..well, like mixing peas with your dessert :rofl:I can't do that.

Last edited:

elegant-one

Oh no! That's so sad! Butt at least you got to use the butt! :bootyshake: OMG, that review is brutal!!! You should tell her it stinks as a layering lipstick too! But watch out, she might come to your house and punch you in the mouth! :rofl:

:scared::rotfl::bootyshake::shakehead::rofl: It's still an awful product.

went back to read it, that was funny .

It is :doh:

:rofl:That review!! So you clearly dont know how to use it if you didnt like it :smack::bat::roflmao:

Yep :rant2::bat::bs::hehe: The texture is terrible too.

dash4

Part because they're hand made and hand cut, part to recoup the cost of R&D, possibly part because it's a collaboration (I'd think Sephora and Hakuhodo would split profits in some way). The prices are close to, or a little more than, the MUFE brushes (also hand made and hand cut with synthetic bristles, though not a collaborative effort), if you want a like for like comparison.

Shape-wise, I think the concealer brush and Fan Cheek have a unique shape compared to Haku's regular range. The concealer brush is about on par, price-wise, with the concealer brushes they do offer, and the cheek brush is cheaper than some and more expensive than others.

The Small Teardrop Highlighter is somewhat close to the G5521BkSL and is only $3 more ($38 vs $35). The large one has four dupes and is cheaper than all of them ($49 vs $88 for the J103, $97 for the S103, $115 for the SJ103, $75 for the B103BkSL). The Wedge Sloping Powder is sort of unique; Hakuhodo have a few brushes that are similarly shaped, but the bristles are longer. The Wedge Sloping Powder is cheaper than all of Hakuhodo's offerings, though ($54 vs $100+).

Another thing is that Hakuhodo doesn't offer purely synthetic face brushes, apart from their flat foundation brushes. Any synthetic bristles are blended with natural fibers. So that's another selling point for their collab with Sephora.

Thank you so much for explaining it so thoroughly. I watch Tarababyz on YT a lot and she uses a lot of their brushes. They are unique to me, since I don't have any experience with them. I really have been enjoying the highlighter brush I got.. The BOGO is a really good deal on those brushes.

I got an email from Sephora about the sale starting. VIB Rouge gets an extra 20% off. I ordered the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette. This is a palette that I bought before and retuned because I didnt think it was worth $60. It's on sale for $39 and with the extra 20% it comes to around $32. For 20 shadows, that's a steal.

I went ahead and ordered the Vice 4 - I really wasn't interested in it, besides a few shades, but for almost 50% off.. I decided to go for it, since it won't hang around long. I also bought the Tarte foundation brush.. I tried to grab the foundcealer brush, but it was OOS.. I was able to grab it awhile back and I really like that brush. I would grab another - if it became available again.

Another good deal is the Buxom "Look All You Want" set with the eyeshadow palette. I already have one of the shades (Style Icon), so I think I am going to pass, but that is a heck of a deal.

Wow. I just read her review. :popc1::eek: All I can think of is that saying "everyone has a right to MY opinion"..:rotfl: lol.. Apparently you must think like her.

Thanks for the review.. I do love my light pinks, but doughnut mouth does NOT sound attractive.. :hehe:

elegant-one

Wow. I just read her review. :popc1::eek: All I can think of is that saying "everyone has a right to MY opinion"..:rotfl: lol.. Apparently you must think like her.

Thanks for the review.. I do love my light pinks, but doughnut mouth does NOT sound attractive.. :hehe:

:fight::roflmao:Exactly! The only way this lipstick is worth it, is if it actually tasted like powdered doughnuts :chef::yumyum::D

Prettypackages

I was looking at the MUFE set but ignored it. Now it's gone (thank God!) LOL I might go back for the Ole cloths. I looked at all the tarte brushes too. Why is their stuff always on sale?

I got a MUFE travel brush set and a Sephora travel brush set, some Buxom London nail polishes, some Tarte brushes and 2 of those Ole Henriksen makeup wipe trio packs. I stalled and missed out on a few things but the only thing I really want to nab is that Clarisonic Mia 2 2 pack. A friend and I are going to split it. I was going to get the Vice 4 but like @boschika, I saw the sale on UD.com and will grab it there if it ever comes back in stock. Plus I have a $10 gift card from UD.com so it'll be like getting it for almost $20.

Last edited:

starletta8

Can someone please PM me the code that I should've gotten as a VIBR? I'm tired of having to beg for things from Sephora.

starletta8

Many thanks to Monsy, I was able to order the only 2 things I really, truly wanted/sorta needed: the High Roller travel brush roll (I've been eyeing it for months) and the MUFE lash kit, which is an awesome deal. I side-eyed the MUFE palette and Vice 4, but ultimately passed. I've been buying too much shadow lately.

Jayjayy

I was looking at the MUFE set but ignored it. Now it's gone (thank God!) LOL I might go back for the Ole cloths. I looked at all the tarte brushes too. Why is there stuff always on sale?

It's as if Tarte releases a bunch of subpar palettes that barely sell, saves them for a few years on some random back shelf, then puts them in the Sephora sale section! Every time! Then people are like "wow what a great deal!". They'll include 1 or 2 brushes as well just to spice it up, which always sell out immediately.

shizzelly

I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas and got the Sunday Riley Power Couple duo, I've been using it for three nights and it seems to be doing a pretty good job fading some of my acne scars so far. Fingers crossed it doesn't break me out! Also I got the Cinema Secrets brush cleaner and I can't believe I've been living my life without it for so long! It is so fast and convenient, will definitely be repurchasing from now on. Today I ordered just the Vice4 with the 20% sale items code. I've been going back and forth about getting it since it came out and now that it's on sale everywhere it seems to be selling out quick so I decided to grab it before it's gone. :D

ramarose

I want the chocolate bon bon palette... Had it in my cart Christmas Eve, got gift cards, and today it is sold out. WAH