All Things Sephora

laurennnxox

Jaclyn Hill just posted on snapchat that the eyeshadow palette from her collection will not be available for purchase with everything else on 6/16. Apparently they heard all the negative reviews on the quality of the palette and Becca and Jaclyn decided to pull it.

oh wow, interesting. I have to agree that after some playing... it really isn't the best. The two shimmery shades seem to have absolutely no binder to them. It's like loose glitter. I have to use a lot of fix + on my brush after picking up product for it to show up. I don't really have any problems with the matte shadows though. They tend to wear better over MAC24hr primer than UD though.

hitchcockblonde

oh wow, interesting. I have to agree that after some playing... it really isn't the best. The two shimmery shades seem to have absolutely no binder to them. It's like loose glitter. I have to use a lot of fix + on my brush after picking up product for it to show up. I don't really have any problems with the matte shadows though. They tend to wear better over MAC24hr primer than UD though.

That's too bad on the glitter shades but I'm glad you could make the matte ones work. The shadow palette was the only thing I wanted but I ended up passing, decided I'd rather have other palettes. I'll probably get the Ombre Rouge palette during the next Sephora sale. How do you like that Mac eye primer? The UD is just too drying for my lids and my Nars hasn't been working as well for me lately so I was thinking about getting the Mac one.

laurennnxox

That's too bad on the glitter shades but I'm glad you could make the matte ones work. The shadow palette was the only thing I wanted but I ended up passing, decided I'd rather have other palettes. I'll probably get the Ombre Rouge palette during the next Sephora sale. How do you like that Mac eye primer? The UD is just too drying for my lids and my Nars hasn't been working as well for me lately so I was thinking about getting the Mac one.

love the mac one! The only down-side is it's clear, so it doesn't cover the veining in my eye or even out the "canvas" so to speak, lol. So if I'm using more pigmented shades, or Colourpop shades, I reach for this. It works so well with CP color shock shadows. Also a little goes a long way. So I feel that I'm getting good use out of the tube. I do wish the squeeze tube had a narrow tip, instead of a gaping hole though. If I'm not careful, a big blob comes out and product gets wasted. I do set it (as well as all of my eyeshadow primers) with a super thin layer of either translucent powder or a skin color eyeshadow. I don't have dry lids though!

hitchcockblonde

love the mac one! The only down-side is it's clear, so it doesn't cover the veining in my eye or even out the "canvas" so to speak, lol. So if I'm using more pigmented shades, or Colourpop shades, I reach for this. It works so well with CP color shock shadows. Also a little goes a long way. So I feel that I'm getting good use out of the tube. I do wish the squeeze tube had a narrow tip, instead of a gaping hole though. If I'm not careful, a big blob comes out and product gets wasted. I do set it (as well as all of my eyeshadow primers) with a super thin layer of either translucent powder or a skin color eyeshadow. I don't have dry lids though!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! It's really strange, I have dry skin but my lids are actually very hooded and on the combo/oily side, but when I used the UD primer for about a week I noticed that my lids were getting flaky, dry patches. I stopped using it as soon as I noticed and my lids are back to normal. I don't mind it being clear either, it's in my cart now!

shontay07108

Wildfire by UD is really nice. I'd say it's pretty close to Mac's Who's That Chick, but more wearable. It's a bit darker, more of a bronze tilt. The longer I wore it the more I liked it and there's high shine. It's not glitter, but it's shine and I'm really glad I bought it because it was great even without an ounce of makeup on my face and trust that I will use it when I decide to go out without makeup on to keep me from looking totally basic. Now I just need to get my hands on Wired.

MaryJane

Wildfire by UD is really nice. I'd say it's pretty close to Mac's Who's That Chick, but more wearable. It's a bit darker, more of a bronze tilt. The longer I wore it the more I liked it and there's high shine. It's not glitter, but it's shine and I'm really glad I bought it because it was great even without an ounce of makeup on my face and trust that I will use it when I decide to go out without makeup on to keep me from looking totally basic. Now I just need to get my hands on Wired.

I agree with you about Wildfire. I thought it would take some work (finding the right liner, etc) to make this look good on me but it doesn't. I did a quick lip with no makeup and it looked great. This is going to be a great color for summer.

i also got Safe Word and it's probably going back to Sephora. It's one of those nude colors with enough of a grey tone that it makes me look dead.

laurennnxox

I agree with you about Wildfire. I thought it would take some work (finding the right liner, etc) to make this look good on me but it doesn't. I did a quick lip with no makeup and it looked great. This is going to be a great color for summer.

i also got Safe Word and it's probably going back to Sephora. It's one of those nude colors with enough of a grey tone that it makes me look dead.

Agree about Safe word. I swatched it in store at the event, even though it was #1 on my list from online pictures. I didn't get it for the same reason. Not flattering on me.

I got peyote yesterday and it's pure loooooooooove! I'm going to get so much use out of it. I'm glad it's permanent.

GreenEyedAllie

gorgeous. Everything is. Your lipstick, skin, and brows. THis color is perfect on you.

Oh gosh, thank you! :sunshine: I know this would look fantastic on you, too!

:cop:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't know this! I'm on a no-buy for the Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look AMAZING. That color is absolutely stunning on you!

Thank you!!!!!! :thankyou: If this is like the last couple of Rouge exclusives, it will be around for a while even though it may periodically sell out. Besides, this will be perfect for fall!

slowlikehoney

Here is a quick swatch picture of Peyote. The metallic aspect of this shade comes off more like a high shine finish than overly packed with glitter-- if that makes any sense. I included two angles so you could see what I mean. :) Hope this helps!

View attachment 54634
View attachment 54635

It's beautiful!

It's currently sold out on the Urban Decay website so I guess I'll have to wait. Thanks for the swatch!

Kaidan

Bite Berry Rouge is AMAZING!!! :D :heart:

BR on left, MAC Eugenie on right

View attachment 54623

View attachment 54624

Berry Rouge looks amazing on you! :)

Jaclyn Hill just posted on snapchat that the eyeshadow palette from her collection will not be available for purchase with everything else on 6/16. Apparently they heard all the negative reviews on the quality of the palette and Becca and Jaclyn decided to pull it.

The eye shadow palette was the only item from the collection that I wanted, but I guess I'll stick to ombre rouge and nude palettes which are pretty good. Her side of the story seems very shady because at first she was raving about it and how involved she was in the collar, but now she says that she was involved in creating only one shade of the es palette. I was going to skip the face palette because as stupid as it sounds I couldn't deal with the highlighter pan positions (the highlighters not being centered instead of being aligned far right) of the palette. So much hype for a lot of mixed reviews...

Here is a quick swatch picture of Peyote. The metallic aspect of this shade comes off more like a high shine finish than overly packed with glitter-- if that makes any sense. I included two angles so you could see what I mean. :) Hope this helps!

View attachment 54634
View attachment 54635

This is very pretty! :O :heart: