All Things Sephora

Alysse011

I had to chase down these Huda foundations in NYC this morning. I had one lady in one store tell me she doesn't think Huda makes foundations (really?) and another tell me it's online only. I finally found a store and had someone try to match me. The MUA said gingerbread looked too light although I didn't get a chance to see so she put the cinnamon shade all over my face. That one is a bit too yellow. Not too yellow that I couldn't leave like that, but you know. Anyway I got a sample of gingerbread and I will try it for myself tomorrow and see if I need to order it. Otherwise, I just don't have a match. I can't trust MUA's or Sephora lighting. How sad is that? I looked at the first shade I bought, myself in store and thought it was right until I got home and the MUA this morning went and grabbed one of the darkest shades first while looking at my face. Man, I tell ya...

(Oh and the reason I didn't go to the Sephora I bought the first shade from is that I have to get there by car and I wasn't able to today)
Finding a foundation shade match is the bane of my makeup existence. Especially when a sales associate matches me. It is almost never correct. I know the store lighting doesn't help matters, but still!

Alysse011

Made my F&F order just now. I decided to get new stuff this time and back up on staples during the November sale.

Except for replacement products, no one let me buy anything else until next year, ok? :hide:

boschicka

I had to chase down these Huda foundations in NYC this morning. I had one lady in one store tell me she doesn't think Huda makes foundations (really?) and another tell me it's online only. I finally found a store and had someone try to match me. The MUA said gingerbread looked too light although I didn't get a chance to see so she put the cinnamon shade all over my face. That one is a bit too yellow. Not too yellow that I couldn't leave like that, but you know. Anyway I got a sample of gingerbread and I will try it for myself tomorrow and see if I need to order it. Otherwise, I just don't have a match. I can't trust MUA's or Sephora lighting. How sad is that? I looked at the first shade I bought, myself in store and thought it was right until I got home and the MUA this morning went and grabbed one of the darkest shades first while looking at my face. Man, I tell ya...

(Oh and the reason I didn't go to the Sephora I bought the first shade from is that I have to get there by car and I wasn't able to today)

That's frustrating. I have to admit I did laugh at the "I had one lady in one store tell me she doesn't think Huda makes foundations (really?) and another tell me it's online only." I understand not every employee can know everything or even wants to, but at least just admit you don't know and ask for an adult. :p

elegant-one

That's frustrating. I have to admit I did laugh at the "I had one lady in one store tell me she doesn't think Huda makes foundations (really?) and another tell me it's online only." I understand not every employee can know everything or even wants to, but at least just admit you don't know and ask for an adult. :p

BWHAAAAA!!!:roflmao:No one in my Sephora today knew anything!!!

Last edited:

elegant-one

Hey Shontay Sis - my Sephora doesn't carry Huda foundations LOL! Shoot, they never have anything.

So I asked for a F&F card today, they said they weren't doing that this year but they put my email on a list.:shakehead:

Shars

:roflmao:

Alysse011

Hey Shontay Sis - my Sephora doesn't carry Huda foundations LOL! Shoot, they never have anything.

So I asked for a F&F card today, they said they weren't doing that this year but they put my email on a list.:shakehead:

I was talkig to my mother today about how confusing this is for me. You have some employees who hold onto their codes like they need them to survive and then others who are incredibly generous to so many people and give codes out freely! And this is the case every single year. I just don't understand the blatant lie...we all know you're doing it this year, so what's the deal?

elegant-one

I was talkig to my mother today about how confusing this is for me. You have some employees who hold onto their codes like they need them to survive and then others who are incredibly generous to so many people and give codes out freely! And this is the case every single year. I just don't understand the blatant lie...we all know you're doing it this year, so what's the deal?

Yes!!!! You are so right. Ugh. I ended up placing an order yesterday without a code.

shontay07108

Alright so I went to the Sephora site looking at the Huda page and saw that there are only a few bottles of the gingerbread shade left and I was shook. I decided to try my sample on tonight and...it's my shade. I sat with it on for about an hour and looked at myself all over my apartment in multiple mirrors and I even swatched it next to my Fenty shade. That's my shade. The one that I picked up at the very start. I was going to jump right out and order it, but I have to be an adult and do other things first. Plus, I spent more money than I intended on the Fenty holiday collection and I ordered a Melt Cosmetics liquid lipstick. If gingerbread sells out I can wait and then I can just get it with her cute little foundation brush, too. For now I have the sample and I'll have time to see if anything changes.

elegant-one

Alright so I went to the Sephora site looking at the Huda page and saw that there are only a few bottles of the gingerbread shade left and I was shook. I decided to try my sample on tonight and...it's my shade. I sat with it on for about an hour and looked at myself all over my apartment in multiple mirrors and I even swatched it next to my Fenty shade. That's my shade. The one that I picked up at the very start. I was going to jump right out and order it, but I have to be an adult and do other things first. Plus, I spent more money than I intended on the Fenty holiday collection and I ordered a Melt Cosmetics liquid lipstick. If gingerbread sells out I can wait and then I can just get it with her cute little foundation brush, too. For now I have the sample and I'll have time to see if anything changes.

You know you just want it because its called GINGERBREAD :rotfl::rotfl:JK sis!!! I hope you end up completely loving it on.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Hey everyone! Long time no speak ������
i forgot my log in & took a mini break which turned in to like a year or so ������ Sephora Friends & Family is back & I don’t have a code ������ remember the year my friend & I were able to get everyone codes? Good times.

I remember! I will never forget you and ColorMeFab's kindness in making sure that we all got codes! Thank you so much for that and it's great to see you here again! :)

fur4elise

Yup. I hate when you're out and everyone's nose is literally down their phone. It's like don't people talk to people sitting next to them on the bus, train etc. any more? If I'm speaking to one of my friends and they're absent-mindedly checking their phone, I stop talking mid-sentence until they realize. When I'm out I also put my phone face down. If the person in front of you isn't the priority then why leave your house to spend in-person time with them, right? I love this forum because it's not just scrolling and liking pics. It's still active interaction. Almost like having a pen pal from back in the day. Do people still have those? lol.

:yes: I totally relate to and agree with everything you say here. I think it is up to the few of us, not totally wed to our phones and social media apps, to keep engaging people outside of technology.

For example, I had a really nice, long lunch with a girlfriend yesterday ~ Ethiopian goodness by the way! We sat and talked for nearly 2 hours and neither one of us had our phones on the table. I felt like I genuinely heard what she had to say and she genuinely listened to me. It was so good for the soul!
:tee:

Yes! I miss having good ole fashioned pen pals...lol...You brought me back to summer camp when I was 11 or 12 and I made friends who did not live in the same town or state. It was so fun to write and get cards and letters. I still do an annual life letter letter that gets put in Christmas cards.

It also made me think of
@elegant-one who is so creative and crafty with her cards and gifts to family and friends. We all need to make/take more time to do those meaningful things!

Icecaramellatte

I managed to get a code but when I went to use it I noticed something was sold out so I started checking other stuff and adding samples and adding a promo when duh I forgot to add the code. Called immediately and as usual I got the "it has gone to distribution already." What was different was that they said they could request a cancellation but it was not guaranteed. They also said they could apply the promo code once the the appreciation week was over and give me a store credit. I declined and just went for the cancellation request. I didn't want a store credit and I didn't want to wait in case more stuff sold out. I just reordered. It was a big order so I'll be broke for a while. I wanted to get some Guerlain stuff but now I have to wait for my refund. But I'm so grateful to the person who gave me the code. I just wish Sephora would fix this. I know it probably takes time but it is so wasteful to send the products that someone doesn't want. Unless they think people won't take the time and energy to return it. The times this happened to me, I did and I'm really bad about returning things.

Anyhoo, the nude Fenty liner is sold out. I don't know if I'll get it because I don't know if I can get to a store right now.

In other news, someone posted on Makeupalley that Macy's has the UD liners for $10 today only (Sunday). I was thankful. I had it in my cart. I end up with multiple of these because I keep misplacing them. I use it daily to tightline. I'm down to 2 nubs now so I needed new ones. I ordered 2. I also ordered a Smashbox powder foundation brush from Macy's too. Supposedly this line of brushes is exclusive to Macy's. I do wonder if they sell them on their website. There are a few more interesting ones I may get eventually. We'll see if I like it. I used my Plenti points too! Yay! I probably wouldn't have except someone posted Macy's was discontinuing it. I think it was posted on this thread. I really liked the Plenti program at Macy's. I always used it online but never seemed to remember in store and the sales people do not ask.

boschicka

Happy you got a code! But sorry to hear about the scene with getting your order cancelled.

I was trying to convince my husband on Friday to go into Sephora and try to score a code. People love him immediately (for some reason :p), so I bet he could have done it. But he said, "Who cares about 20% off?! Just order what you want." Clearly he has no clue how much I spend during Sephora sales! :cool:

fur4elise

@Icecaramellatte ~ I also picked up a couple of my favorite UD 24/7 pencils. :tee:I posted about the Macy's 10 Days of Glam in the MAC Early Buzz thread, because select MAC brushes will be on sale next Saturday. Here is the flyer:

Macys-10-Days-of-Glam-Event-.png

Prettypackages

Hey ladies. Just peeking in to see what folks have their eyes on. I started Esthe school and got lost in that. LOL I had been seeing Christmas sets in one of my pro makeup groups and was like "ack, I have to stop by specktra to see what's out and hot". See how I didn't go to the brands, but to y'all. LOL

Latest posts